Classic Update - March 1

^ this

This doesn’t really feel like an update.

This is 5 minor gameplay bugs that got fixed. Confirming that two additional bugs were bugs, and confirming that two cases of people misremembering things were actually people misremembering things.

There are actual legitimate questions, the answers to which will decide if people are going to play or not, that we want to know the answers to. There are changes that were announced that require clarification, because there are methods of implementation that would destroy the game.

There is a list in the other thread. There’s a master list of bugs from the reddit thread. YOU need to answer the questions in the master list, then in a beta we tell you if they’ve successfully fixed the bugs in the bug list.

We don’t need an update on minor bug fixes.
We need an update on policy decisions and development intentions.

13 Likes

“…and we’re going to get more information for you posted here soon (not soon™).”

That sounds like an update.

Just because its not the update you were looking for doesn’t mean we didn’t just get an update.

29 Likes

This is great to hear. As someone who has been paying close attention to Classic news there isn’t too much here that’s news to me but its nice seeing it in blue text and knowing that the Classic team is alive and well.

With things like Warlock Summoning where we thought it was wrong but it was actually right it only makes it more clear than ever that our memories of how things worked from over a decade ago can be inaccurate at times. I’m not saying we shouldn’t report things we believe are inaccurate but just because a video or some other source shows a spell working a certain way it doesn’t mean its the correct way.

I hope a Alpha or Beta comes out soon so that I and many others who are excited for the release of Classic WoW can help the Devs get rid of the bugs in time for Classic’s release and keep Vanilla, Vanilla.

3 Likes

Only people who want changes would have a problem with that.

1 Like

Guys they want to make sure the game works properly first. That’s what they’re doing.

They can discuss server population later. But if the rogue energy isn’t working that ruins the game for all the rogues.

Better to get the thing up and running before messing with stuff I bet they can change with inputting a single line of code or something.

3 Likes

We’ve had the soon message thousands of times and it leads to more messages like this.

If you enjoy the hamster wheel then I encourage you to stay on it, but I am hopping off of this wild ride.

Hopefully you’ll get your carrot one day friend.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Man, if I had known they were going to look through all the reports of discrepancies and inaccuracies, I would have written a lot of stuff from testing the demo, but I swear when I went to ‘Report a Bug’ it was greyed out. Oops.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update! Can we expect another dev watercooler or perhaps an update pertaining to some other large issues that are discussed everyday such as content phases, loot sharing, etc before launch?

2 Likes

Thank you for the update! So very excited!!!

2 Likes

Mad when you don’t get an update, mad when you do get an update.

You aren’t very easy to please. Its shocking they don’t want to interact more with folks like you around.

14 Likes

In fairness, it was a large blue post, but not really information that has been generally asked for. But hey it allowed you to spam your guild advertisement.

3 Likes

Okay, what exactly do you mean by this? You’re transparent about the listed bugs, but not transparent about others. That’s concerning.

We appreciate your line of communication, though!

1 Like

If you watched the Panel at Blizzcon (it was really good) bugs that made Vanilla what it was like moonwalking aren’t going to be fixed.

6 Likes

I understand, but that’s 1 bug. Do they mean bugs that existed back in the day? Or bugs that were caused by the 7.3.5 base client they intended to build Classic on?

2 Likes

That’s not true at all. Ion did say they weren’t going to fix a few bugs because they felt more like Vanilla. But moonwalking? That’ll be fixed.

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean by moonwalking.

Thanks for the update. On the next update ‘soon’ can we get details on:

Spell Batching (Should be in)

Sharding, Loot trading, Right click report (Should not be in)

?

10 Likes

Vanilla means Vanilla. Moonwalking is a visual bug with your character, not some bug that allows Mages to blink through a wall in Dire Maul and skip a really hard group of mobs. Why would they remove something that made Vanilla what it was?

If its a 7.3.5 bug obviously its not staying.

2 Likes

I think for some reason my mind went to the bug where when you were looting you slid on the ground afterwards in the loot position. Which I think he specifically mentioned wouldn’t be in Classic. As far as moonwalking…I don’t remember him specifying that either, but I could be wrong.

In any event, I’m also curious about certain bugs they don’t fix or reintroduce to capture that Vanilla experience. My imagination starts to run wild. :wink:

Let’s not think too hard on it or let our imaginations run amok- but I think distinguishing a 7.3.5 bug from a 1.12 bug is important. I hope they clarify that bit because I think it’s worth noting exactly what they’re talking about. Details matter to us.

3 Likes

It may just be that fact I had an edible for breakfast, but this was beautiful to read.

5 Likes