Classic TBC will completely eliminate class population imbalances

More like what alliance if that hit.

No, it will only change the meta…

there will always be a top class for a role… and a worst class for that role… no way around it

No reason to change your mind OP. Class imbalance isn’t important enough to talk about, let alone argue about.

Whats hilarious is that I never said that they did. If you can read I said exactly what I was attempting to show

Lol and you do have data? Or are we just going to accept your personal experience and no one else’s.

this. why are we even talking about this.

This is why.

1 Like

Just because something upsets you doesn’t mean we shouldn’t talk about it friends

You are comparing one raid [ sunwell] to the rest of Vanilla which most of the raids could be 20 man’d. You are forgetting the drama from 4 horsemen, that destroyed guilds far more poaching shaman.

Not sure what you’re arguing against here. All I’m saying is, I don’t see a major night and day difference between vanilla and tbc raid class balance.

This should be the last post in the thread. There’s nothing else to discuss here.

Seal of linkin park really helped them out; One of the devs even slipped up while talking about how ret’s mechanics worked together in sunwell, referencing how seal of blood was great for shoring up mana issues to make them work, just AFTER denying that there was a big difference in side mechanics.

1 Like

i just want something to end the priest glut, its all i wanna play and there are so many RIP

Except the data that literally proves this otherwise.

Someone slept through TBC

If you have data showing that all the classes had the same number of players, feel free to present it.

You don’t though. :slight_smile:

Look at my first post, I remember raid recruiting in TBC quite well.

Why should we care that there is an imbalance of classes? If someone wants to stop being bored of having the favorite class, there’s always unexplored territory. We also don’t have to be worried about sporadic nerfs and buffs turning our FOTMs into garbage, which also means we can choose to be the underdog sometimes.

TBC offsets this quite nicely though.
-In tier 4 you need 4 tanks for karafarm, 3 tanks for magtheridon and atleast 3 for Gruuls.
-In tier 5 taking atleast 3 tanks is smart for some of the TK and SSC trash pulls.Kael required atleast 3 tanks and could be done with 4 comfortably.Fathom lord required 3.
-Tier 6 was similar in required tank comps, especially for MH as some of the trash pulls were a deathsentance to a single prot pally and they needed to be kept clumped but not all whaling on 1 player. Bloodboil demanded 3 tanks as did illidari council and Illidan.

A 25 man guild typically had 3 tanks + a bear/cat hybrid in tanking gear to cover every eventuality. Guilds that didn’t run 4 tanks died fast.

Theres a huge difference.
-Locks became a dominent dps spec.
-Shamans became mandatory instead of optional.
-Spriests became mandatory.
-Prot paladins became mandatory.
-Ele sham gained some viability,having atleast 1 hance in your raid was mandatory.
-mages dropped down alot in desireability the further you progressed,
-Basically only hunters,rogues adn warriors weren’t afffected by the balance changes and raid shrinkage.

You’re talking class and spec viability changing. Of course, different classes moved up and down the ladder. I was responding to the title of this thread - class population imbalances. Specifically, what’s the ideal raid comp in vanilla and what is it in tbc? Vanilla it would be like 5 of everything but warriors 8-10 and druids and hunters 2. How many shamans do you take to Sunwell and how many paladins?

Typically 5-6 shamans and 3-4 paladins depending on the boss.