Classic TBC benefit for WoW Classic

When TBC classic launch next year , i hope the Classic servers stay the same and those who want to be in TBC got their free tranfer out , including all boosters , botter , RMT traders…

This will cleanse our classic server from unwanted people and while the population might decrease a bit , it will still be enjoyable to play in classic environment…

Thats my thought on the benefit of having separate TBC CLASSIC SERVER…

anyone think the same ?

6 Likes

More likely they will progress the servers, and either open up a couple new servers for vanilla, or convert some ‘dead’ realms to stasis realms, and offer people who want to remain stuck in vanilla transfers to them. This causes the minimum disruption for established communities, for the cheapest price, while still providing the purists a sterile museum to visit.

As for boosters, RMT, and the like? Well, the only way you get rid of them completely is when too few people care about vanilla for them to be worth the effort.

2 Likes

I will play Alliance for BC just to put a meme spec Gnome on an Elekk mount. Like a spellpower Rogue or something of the sort.

Shhh

Don’t upset all the people in denial that can’t fathom the idea that their characters will be stuck in phase 6 forever even though that’s exactly what they signed up for when they started playing classic lmao.

They actually really think that Blizzard is going to make vanilla players the unloved and unwanted minority in their own game and force them to transfer lol… give me a break.

3 Likes

I mean, I won’t be stuck in P6 forever because I’ll just cancel my account and walk away. Really not that hard of a choice if Blizzard decides to go that way.

1 Like

Because they are the minority already. Most people want new content. Even a majority of those vanilla purists will be screaming for new servers to move like locusts to. Hell, they’ve already been asking for that.

The people who just want to stay stuck in P6 forever are the absolute minority. Most Classic players are going to want new content. They might disagree on TBC/WotLK or Classic+, but they all want new content.

1 Like

Classic was released with the premise that it was going to be vanilla forever, Blizzard said nothing about TBC at release and have still in fact said nothing about TBC. The people that chose to come to classic knew what the deal was from day 1. Now it’s just mass denial because they can’t fathom the idea that classic was going to come with finite content even though that’s exactly what Blizzard said from the beginning.

People that want new content have retail and should go back to retail. I suspect that’s exactly where they’ll end up anyways because even if Blizzard ever actually did something like TBC I wouldn’t expect it any sooner than 2022 and even that’s optimistic.

4 Likes

Lol. They’ll release the game as soon as subs drop after naxx. Incredible the people who still think they’ll walk away from a pile of money when they have said the port over of tbc is even easier than releasing classic was. Have fun within your delusions. The rest of us will still be laughing as we walk through the portal.

1 Like

You really think bots will transfer? I’ll bet a kazillion copper pieces that more realms = more bots.

Blizzard didn’t release classic to make a ton of revenue on, they wouldn’t have started with such a small amount of servers if they did.

People really still think they can try to bully Blizzard by threatening to cancel subscriptions if they don’t get exactly what they want and throw hissy fits? Lmao how do you think retail ended up where it is today?

The only thing Blizzard even mentioned about WoW in their latest quarterly report was Shadowlands but yeah let’s just forget that their focus is now TBC because some forum poster said so folks.

1 Like

Your notion that subs will magically drop after naxx is flawed.

In Vanilla WoW (2005-2007) less than 1% of the player base across all servers cleared naxx. That left 99% who still wanted to, but essentially lost the opportunity when Blizzard released TBC. The release of TBC in essence deprecated naxx.

While you might be wearing full T2 and will have full T3 within a month or so of naxx’s release, the majority of the player base–the 99%–will be working toward and inside naxx for a very, very long time.

That’s just it. People came back in droves to clear what they didn’t before. Look how many are clamoring for TBC even before an announcement. If you think a few paltry tens of millions of dollars will be ignored by actiblizzard you’re insane. No dev cost, no real overhead, deny all you want but it’s coming.

If there is no follow on, most will abandon the game again as there is no point. EQ still has subs and In fact adds new content but it’s a fraction of what it used to be. Most people have a burnout level and with how fast we devour content release it’ll be sooner not later on TBC.

1 Like

Why is it more likely that they will progress the server when all previous interviews and stated goals of classic was to be a museum piece? Progressive servers exist in retail.

The most likely outcome is stagnant classic servers with an option to copy (paid?)/transfer(free?) your toon to a new tbc server, second most likely is fresh tbc servers.

Would you expect your beloved tbc toons to progress to wotlk? And then your forced progressive server to go to cata? Do you see the failure in this reasoning? Then does the name of the game change from classic to ‘16 years behind retail’?

3 Likes

No worry about reserving names, plus they can push those on abandoned servers to pay for transfers to get into early progression. Follow the money.

1 Like

That’s the thing tho we think they want the money but rushing the realsse will only mean less money. You want a long period of time after you officially announce TBC where everyone is done with naxx and still has an active sub. This gives players a chance to try retail who otherwise would not. The strategy has always been “how do we make them play retail again” . So while they will lauch TBC it would be rushing it that’s walking away from the piles of money. So while i know you are ready to consume the content today it simply wont happen that way based on everything, how blizzard works how classic worked the timeline for how the announce develop release and the money. So while i too would love to push them to move faster i just cant see it happening that way.

An announcement at Blizzcon could hold subs but stretch it too long and the 6 month sub folks may just walk and not come back. Continuity is what they’ll look for so within a couple months expect the announcement with fairly short turn around. I’d expect mid 2021 to draw on the summer crowds but with schools around the country being odd who knows for sure.

unlikely they all came back for classic after not playing for years for them it will be best to stretch that as long as possible. I expect December 2021 at the soonest more likely spring 2022. Remember their goals are long term they don’t want to blow through all the best old versions of the game in a few years and lose us all again thwy would like to integrate us back into their retail market. So while people like to threaten to take there ball and go home to lobby for haste in reality that is not how it works and blizzard knows this. So don’t hold your breath.

We’ll see but I like many in my guild won’t be raiding naxx for a year straight. I likely won’t bother coming back either. I have zero interest in retail so with the failure of other blizzard games in recent years it’ll be migrating back to steam games. Am I the majority no but it would likely be a big group waking at anything beyond a measure of time.

Yea but if for every one person like you 1 person tries retail that is a win for blizzard and Im gonna be honest i don’t believe for a second you wont come back for TBC whenever it launches. In either case I’m confident blizzard is not worried abut that at all. None of that matters compared to the blizzard timeline for these things while i too would love new content you have to be realistic about these things.

The only way those playing for economic reasons will leave is if classic is so dead they can’t make money there. The population would have to drastically drop to almost nothing. As long is there is sufficient population buying gold the botters will be there selling it.

My guess is you’re half right. There will be few to no gold sellers on classic servers after BC is released. But it will be because there’s too few players for them to make a profit. We’ll see.

1 Like