Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Ret pals sucked in pvp, prots was and still are widely useless in pvp beyond being an annoying damage sponge that doesn’t like to die. (Experience with prot paladins)

classes are STILL diverse. That never went away.

“Change Vanilla” - Note that everything I say after this point is actually irrelevant, because the biggest reason to turn down what you’re saying is that it would change vanilla’s gameplay, which we were promised wouldn’t happen.

What point is there to having those? Well, for one, they’re viable in 5-mans and leveling. A Paladin can tank or DPS 5-mans, a Druid can tank or DPS 5 mans, a Priest can DPS 5 mans etc. Having those trees there leads to diversity and alleviates the issues with there only being 2 non-DPS slots.

Additionally, the off abilities can be primary ones for large scale PVP. Bears are the best flag runners in WSG for example. They aren’t held back by their lack of block because no player is dealing crushing blows. Hybrid off-specs have viable and desirable places in other aspects of the game from raiding.

For many years, from Cataclysm onwards, Druids healers were basically priests with an extra HoT and less AOE healing. Nourish killed the traditional Druid healer.

Look at this dude. Hey give me an example of a “prot” spec for pvp. Is it a spec with more points in the prot tree than any of the others?

Yeah in WOD - BFA. You’re not even a wrath baby.

1 Like

You’re one of the people that derailed Vanilla into the dumpster fire it is today. And Reddit is garbage. Stop reading that trash.

I went and got lunch. Come back to still see the same people complaining and arguing about implementing retail changes to classic by a bunch of wrath baby’s.

Seems legit

Pro tip: It isn’t going to happen. Retail will always be available for you snowflakes.

This right here is why i want all specs to be raid viable, changing some damage values to suit that need wont break class differences or in the tank situation adding threat generation mechanics to tank specs that don’t have it won’t break anything either, if anything it will bring more enjoyment to the game because it adds another level of difficulty of learning how these changes affect a raid composition. Neverminding you won’t have to see X warrior flaunt his already giant ego in your face because he’s the sole reason your raid didn’t fail.

I can’t wait for pathfinder to be implemented into Classic!

I did play in wrath mate, my account doesn’t reflect that, how else would i remotely know how the community developed since.

You mean like how they said bc and wrath are a possibility but they want to see how classic does first?

1 Like

LUL ironically vanilla was a joke in terms of actual difficulty.

That’s nice, but you can’t have it.

I know its a tough thing to hear in the age of mimimimi, but Classic is not designed to give you the experience you want. It’s designed to give you the experience that the average player had. If you don’t like that, play Retail or wait for TBC to ‘fix’ the problems you don’t like. Or play Classic and live with the situation that you can’t fill every role on one class.

Well… there’s always lies and bluster.

Nourish only lasted for 2 expansions, and that was because of Blizzard’s different view on the healing meta. But even during that time, nourish was just the druid version of the same spells that were intended to work as the “auto attack heal.” We still very heavily used our HoTs as our primary healing.

And you guys always bring up 5 mans or PvP… What if people just want to raid? They should be SOL because “hey, you can always do that PvP you have no interest in.” It’s a stupid argument.

Tbc or wrath won’t come to fruition if classic doesn’t do well, I’m sure this why people went from #nochanges to the face of wow, asmongold admitting on his live stream that classic won’t be as good or successful as people want and think it will be.

Using old school runescape as an example as had many others, do you really think osrs would have lasted and did as well as it is now without new content that doesn’t fundementally break what it was brought back to do?

It’s because these people need an argument besides “if it wasn’t in vanilla it won’t be in calssic” so yes it can get kind of funky because we have to give arguments for something that shouldn’t even require one, because its already 1 - 0.

I’m only arguing because it’s a needed change if change ever happens if classic lives long enough player wise. Hell they can revive a dead classic that way too.

Asmongold is not the gold standard for how the community feels. I think it’s going to be successful. I think once people actually play it they will be hooked. People like interacting with other players and actually feeling powerful when they level up and get new gear. It’s all just speculation till we actually play the game and see what happens.

2 Likes

Yes. Literally yes.

If you actually read my posts above, you’d see I did say that you could find guilds who’d accept you in these other roles. My raid group had a Shadow Priest and a part-time Moonkin. But we weren’t bleeding edge, we were just enjoying the game.

You can’t have your cake and eat it. Find a raiding group that will accept you for what you are even though you’re sub-par compared to other equivalent classes. Don’t demand that Method put you on their starting line.

In the same way that because you want to play Basketball but are 5’1", doesn’t mean you can be on the Lakers starting lineup, the amateur league will happily find you a team or you can make your own team to play.

Vanilla wasn’t an age of handouts. Demanding it be an age of handouts now is changing the average player’s experience.

2 Likes

Asmongold is the face of wow like ninja is the face of trashnite, when you have the very poster boy/girl admitting the flaws of something about what ever it may be then change needs to happen.