Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Classic should not, and hopefully will not ever change.

If you want to argue for a new Classic+ server independent from the ones launched on August 27th, please, do so. But don’t lobby for changing Vanilla because you can’t have your way.

And I was my raid group’s ret pally, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t incredibly boring being carried through raids because of my threat buff. Being the people in that token role is not as fun as you think it is.

So you say vanilla isn’t the age of handouts, then fine, let ret pallies earn their gear.

No he is not. This isn’t retail where we are all thrown together with cross realm. We will have our own communities and unless asmongold is on your server he will have no bearing in your experience.

In comparison to Mythic raiding, yes. I don’t think I stated otherwise. However, vanilla raiding was a lot more rewarding because you did something on a small percentage of players actually achieved and you stood out form the crowed. Nowdays, your raiding experience literally means nothing because you just blend in with everybody.

But but my green colored shoulder pads vs the red LFR ones

Asmongold is a talking head who bleats the opinions of his most extreme viewers in an attempt to increase ratings. He’s no different from Bill O’Reilly or Tucker Carlson.

1 Like

No man a good game is timeless.

Look at the popularity of Chess, Sports, retro gaming is bigger than ever.

and I have personally been playing on the same TBC server for over 5 years. Just hang back relax and do some raiding/pvp with ur buds.

And the reward from that is your raids best players or raid leader getting all the loot.

If you are not confident that giving loot to you is in the guild’s best interest perhaps you should join a DKP guild.

Why play the class then if you felt like a drag on your group?

We had plenty of people in our raids playing what they wanted and we did fine. I never felt like I was carrying them and they never expressed any disappointment in what they were bringing to the raid.

What if I want to play a fire mage in MC? Should the game change this too? Arguably there was only one viable raid spec for mage until AQ and then it switched to the only optimal spec was fire.

Swifty use to be the face of wow, changed for obvious reasons, but when you think of wow in 2018/2019 you think about the people that have made it big, asmongold and method to name some, everyone wants to be on some level to be as good, better or relative in comparison to them.

Fortnite is as popular as it is because of ninja, everyone wants to play it at his level of skill and gameplay.

Just like everyone wants to be like shroud in the case of counter strike.

Have you considered that they enjoyed playing ret paladin but didn’t want to be excluded from raiding because of it?

I never once thought swifty was the face of wow. He was a good pvper but he wasn’t the face of wow. The way you describe it oxhorn very well could have been the face of wow. There is no face of wow in classic. Only the community on your server matters.

She’s the one that said she felt bad about it.

One of the reasons I want to play Classic is because of its static nature. I won’t feel the pressure of doing every daily every day, or logging on 3 days a week to raid.

I can hop on during my free time as an escape from my irl and chill in the Warcraft world with some peeps across the internet killing some mobs or pvping.

So I am glad for the static nature.

If you want the go go go mentality of WoW being a 2nd job, retail will still be there.

That is not what he claimed at all. He said it wouldn’t be great for streaming. He knows he’s going to be mercilessly camped on a pvp server and streaming a pve server would be dull as dishwater.

YES please.

That said, I think other gaming companies are already learning from this; it gives me hope for the future of MMOs.

Back when WoW was ‘better,’ you had so many other MMOs pop up thinking that any formula would work, but oh boy were they wrong. Turns out it takes years and years to realize what works and what doesn’t.

Blizzard probably doesn’t want to support another MMO (maybe,) so I’m guessing after Classic, it will be another company that takes their place.

Unless Classic expands into something greater, be it what you suggested or something else.

1 Like

Dude have u even seen him play hes worse than your average guy.

Dkp was a scam, reality of it is raid leaders, often guild leadera handed loot to the teams best, in a lot of examples, say your warrior who has gear relative to the piece hes been wanting to get but the dps warrior or paladin who actually needs the piece to help the raid in terms of damage never gets it because why? Because a tank, raid leader/guild leader and their friends and family take priority.

Isn’t it a bit of an oxymoron to say that Classic has a future.

It ought to be more like a Darkmoon Faire trip down memory lane replete with a bronze dragon at the portal.