Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Abandonware by definition is software that has ceased development and no longer maintained. You can class warcraft 2 as abandonware because its not being developed or maintained, where’s the class action claim on that one? Surely people would like to play it again. With this being said updates to a game is not classed as abandonment and not being maintained. World of warcraft is very much so an active developmental game that is very much so being maintained.

Classic has not failed. Classic will be a close facsimile of Vanilla WoW. Most of us are thrilled with that fact and many of us expect to play for years. Classic will not become the monster that you want it to be. We won. You lost. It’s really that simple.

Paladins by all technicality are priests, priests that decided to don heavy armor and wield a weapon designed to kill. Their job by that point has fundementally changed from purely healing to a more combative role, but since they are also priests they still will heal, not all paladins go out of their way to kill another. By all means they are like the police force in our world. Goal: Bring justice to those that deserve it, ideally alive but lethally if necessary.

Edit: I mean by the definiton of a LEO and in a world such as world of warcraft kinda moot but still.

Yes and you keep acting like US copyright law and definitions have bearing outside the US. The reason many private servers are where they are is because Blizzard can’t touch them. Having an active product with that content has besring in other countries that do not operate under US law.

Actually, Paladins are technically armored Clerics. Priests are unarmored Clerics.

But the entire discussion is moot, because Paladins are a specific game concept in WoW.

1 Like

The general consensus of copyright infringement exists in all modern countries. But claiming something is abandonware when it is clearly being updated and maintained is an illegal falsified claim regardless of the country. Of which follows with serious fines and penalties.

No its not, paladins exist in dungeons and dragons long before wow existed and its because of dungeons of dragons that we have the modern mmorpg.

In WoW not all were Priests to start with. Paladins, and the Knights of the Silver Hand were created specifically to counter the Horde Death Knights. Some were Warriors.

They wore plate because they were front line fighters designed to counter what amounted to the Horde’s special forces.

Many were still more healer oriented than combat oriented, while others would hold the line. This is why we have the specs we do for the class.

Yes, but in vanilla every spec besides holy was and is still deemed worthless. Ultimately, players and mechanics forced the singular role. Hence the argument of “they have a chance to fix the classes this time around without breaking the core concept that which is vanilla.”

Everyone reads “fix classes” and skips everything else and wonders why they get chewed out.

They aren’t going to and they have already stated that multiple times.

Yes, and D&D had a Paladin, Cleric, and later Priest class. Paladins were armored Clerics, Priests were unarmored Clerics. Clerics were lightly armored and used maces.

But none of that is actually relevant to the gameplay aspects of Vanilla, and you can have your tanking Paladins in Classic+ (on different servers), not Classic.

No, we wonder why you keep on insisting on changing the gameplay meta for a recreation of Vanilla.

1 Like

I’ve told you that they will. If the player base declines dramatically, investors and in general stock will fall. You don’t go into a business doing what ever you want to the very end. When you get investors your ideal position is to keep them happy.

How else do you think we got diablo immortal? Sure the hell wasn’t the actual developers choice.

Paladins are what they are in Classic. They are what Blizzard designed for Vanilla WoW and modified over various updates until they reached the state they were in 1.12.

You are welcome to whatever fantasy you want to indulge yourself as to what Paladins should have been, but that is entirely irrelevant. Paladins are already fully defined in Blizzard’s Classic.

Haha there we go. :clap:

I don’t think they will. The only ones left at that point would be diehards and they wouldn’t want them changed.

Lol was that something against diehards? That is amusing to me. I’d be inclined to agree if thats the case.

Could you also provide your Blizzard credentials by posting in blue?

and I’ve told you:

because Blizzard has said it.

“I think there will be a lot of tourists,” he adds. "But it doesn’t matter what I think because once we’re committed to doing this at a Blizzard level, which we are, whatever happens is going to happen. If millions of people show up and play for years, that’s awesome. And if just tens of people show up and play for years, we’re fine either way. What’s important to us is that we have this Classic experience people can enjoy, that people do have the opportunity to go back to. This is an important game in videogame history and there’s not a way to go back and experience that today. This is also about preserving something that we think is really important.

https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

Now, your turn. Provide a single shred of evidence that Blizzard has actually said they will make class changes if the game isn’t popular enough. I dare you.

1 Like

crickets

So you’re saying new things won’t happen? Because suggesting that classic is going to be more popular than retail is deluded at best.

2 Likes