Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Yet tons of people enjoyed PVP during vanilla.

Thats because thats all there was at the time, can’t get any better if no one innovates

Because creating a new MMO is expensive. Classic + has tons of assets and other things ready to go. They don’t make the mistake of expanding new zones, instead use up old zones from classic that were not only awesome but under utilized. They have a general idea for the story without having to hire all new writing teams.

Plus they have a decent scope of what made classic good so each update would only make small changes nothing that revamps entire classes.

They are essentially getting a discounted mmo but with all the income of one.

OK, now hold up. They clearly were referring to the backend, which both games will share. That did not refer to future development.

EK and Kalimdor have plenty of gaps to fill in too, so no need to split people across more islands/continents. I’d love to have Twilight Highlands with Wildhammer and Dragonmaw without all of the cataclysm twilight’s hammer crap for example.

1 Like

I really wish he’d answer that.

No they have stated clearly for a very long time, long before Classic was a thing, that they had zero desire to develop two different games at the same time ( meaning full development teams).

1 Like

Those zones were not just made irrelevant, the content within those zones flat out doesn’t exist as it did originally. You can not play that content at all because post-Cata it was removed and replaced with entirely different quests and story.

1 Like

Suppose to be a changing world mate, thats the point of mmorpgs, sure some expansions go overboard with world changes like cata did, but it wasn’t abandoned just to be abandoned.

No, you are now conflating the “you think you do” not wanting to do classic as a second MMO with not wanting to develop multiple backends.

More people downed mythinc Jaina before 8.2 than all naxx 40 clears in vanilla. The data shows the difficulty. Retail no-lifers are mad their guildies are leaving/

No I’m really not.

That seems like an awfully specific and unsubstantiated claim designed purely to “prove” your point and nothing else…

Regardless, Classic will be recreated using the Vanilla capabilities of 1.12, even if only 10 people are playing it 15 years from now. As long as they retain 4 active servers, the purpose will have been met. (PVP x 2, PVE, RP) They don’t need to have it remain popular and don’t expect it to.

He won’t. He ignores this.

He ignores the fact that blizzard has stated they don’t care how few people play it. He also ignores the issue of faction balance with an additional tank being added. Beyond saying it’s a problem, it isn’t addressed.

Yeah try using that as defense in a Romanian court when the defense hands the judge a lost of things that can no longer be played a mile long.

If it were as easy as you make it sound the US wouldn’t have been fighting copyright infingement like it has for decades.

A worthless get’s one shotted by majordomo tank, isn’t and extra tank, paladin in vanilla was a joke only decent as MT heals. More people played vanilla than retail now so don’t hold your breath hoping your friends who leave retail will come back to you.

People still have level locked pvp alts and have had them level locked since forever. I think people have a weird view of “it won’t change so it’s doomed”.

Classic is still going to have life in a few years, it’s just going to evolve in a different way long term. Lots of people will take longer to clear content because there won’t be a time limit pushing on them. You can raid 2-3 days a week and eventually get there. There’s not an xpac giving your progression a time limit. There will also be people who loooove Vanilla pvp and that’s going to stay active for a long time to come. No change also means that there’s no sudden surprise shift in meta/classes. What mage is today is going to be what mage is in a year. You can put in maximum effort building and mastering the class to be everything you want it to be without any concern of a patch or an xpac completely resetting your progress with perfecting that character.

There’s perks to stasis the same as there’s downsides.

Will it still have life in 20 years? shrug I have no idea and who really cares.

1 Like

People who loved Vanilla aren’t interested in larding the game up with your garbage need to change classes. If you don’t like how hybrids play in Classic, you are free, as we all are, to roll a pure class.

If you weren’t already in love with the benefits and flexibility of a hybrid, you wouldn’t be trying to add yet more functionality to them. Pallys are not warriors. They were never meant to be.

1 Like

I agree witb you Eloraell, but I think we’ll have more folks to play with (on the classic servers in the years ahead) than we might think. Certainly more than 4…though I suppose I coukd make that work. 2 v 2 on battleground: azeroth!

4 servers, 10 players. The 5 v 5 WSG will have to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like