Classic Playerbase actually increasing?

There’s about 15 or so level 20-30s on my friends list that haven’t logged on in weeks… player base has declined.

3 Likes

layers have been slowly removed wich might explain that you can see more people

1 Like

def increasing on Remulos, we have moved to “high” from med/low

3 Likes

Then why even post?

I have never understood the attention seeking behavior of so many… they feel the need to post they are leaving for some dumb reason…

Just go brah… no one will miss ya and no one cares.

4 Likes

That’s not a logical assumption. They’ve communicated tag changes in the past.

Again, that probably means very little. They have changed how those tags work several times, they’ve mentioned it in blue posts. Recently they changed how layering works which also figures into those tags.

Overall, it’s likely that we have lost a good chunk of player base given that layers have decreased and a large number of tourists have come and gone. Maybe we’re at a fairly stable point now, maybe not, only time will tell.

Yes, they have. The tags have changed several times and are linked to the amount of layering, which has also changed recently. The tags aren’t a straight measure and are probably a bad thing to use to monitor overall game health. At best, they are an indicator of relative popularity of realms at the present time.

1 Like

Why would you say that?

Do you really need a reward for pvping? If so it may not be the pvp you enjoy. If you did, you would be out doing it.

2 Likes

Because you would just quest and dungeon for 0 XP. GTFO here.

1 Like

Nah.
It actually increased in pop
Layers didnt affect realms pop status at all because the same amount of people were playing anyway,

Pop status works exactly the same as it does in retail, oscilation from log ins and log outs.

Mind you the launch classic realms have in fact higher pop cap than retail atm.

Bye. We won’t miss that kinda attitude here

1 Like

Wait a tick…

This expression explains a lot about why you are the way that you are. Ugh. I didn’t realize Austin Powers played WoW.

1 Like

I have pvped in many games with no reward, beyond the simple fun of pvp. I am presently doing the same in classic. This is not about quests and dungeons.

3 Likes

This isn’t to the OP but to some of the replies : Take a moment and consider all of the possibilities that could result in a smaller or no log-in queue. There is more than one, right ?

Is it possible the player base is dropping ? Absolutely. But I don’t think it’s safe to assume that scenario, by itself, is the sole reason for queue times shortening/vanishing.

1 Like

Well my realm, Westfall was usually “High” population but last night it was “Full” for the first time I have seen it.

1 Like

That can have something to do with layer stuff. I still don’t think people, including myself, fully understand what Blizzard is doing with layers and how many layers are out at a given time. They can be doing things and changing stuff without saying anything about it, we don’t know for sure. :woman_shrugging:

as expected. this isnt a knock against classic either, its normal for any game

1 Like

I have pvped in many games with no reward, beyond the simple fun of pvp. I am presently doing the same in classic. This is not about quests and dungeons.

Except there is no PvP platform to be rewarded for participating in to begin with.

BG’s with objectives, you know, FUN things, but no Honor, is what you’re talking about.

Ganking people who are trying to quest is not objective-based PvP, and it really isn’t that engaging at all.

And besides all that, just because you were willing to waste your time for no reward doesn’t mean that everyone is or should be forced to. Screw your narrative.

2 Likes

Lol, Classic hater alert. I’m playing on EarthFury, one of the medium to lower population servers, and the chat channels don’t stop moving.

Maybe you are confused, and were playing Retail.

4 Likes

Feel free to take a break and pursue other hobbies. Classic’s progress isn’t at your beck and call.

1 Like