Classic needs Mythic raid difficulty

Call it Heroic+ or whatever you want, but we should get a harder version of Classic raids.

I find the raids currently to be rather boring, and it is leading to raid logging and in general just a sense of boredom within the community.

I would like to see a Mythic - tier with more mechanics, higher boss DPS, and more unforgiving boss fights in Classic that reward a higher iLevel loot as reward.

This will create a lot more interest in Wrath and Cata.

Cataclysm will already be a step up for raiding which I doubt will go well for most guilds as already with hard modes and Ulduar buffs lot of guilds struggled.

And a lot of people actually like raid logging. So it’s not like it’s a bad thing. If you’re done with a game just play something else.

3 Likes

You’ll have to find the post but there was a video up with things being proposed from a second Cata survey which included gauging interest in legacy raids being scaled to remain current content.

Also, I guess welcome back

EDIT:Cataclysm Classic surverys are a go

Here’s the thread on the video, YMMV.

Depends on what versions of raids and heroics are available on launch, highly likely we may end up with post nerf versions of the content. Which, if I may put my tinfoil hat on, would open Cata up to fitting easier with a continuing alpha/beta dungeon model. I won’t die on the hill of that theory at all though, just a thought.

Even in their nerfed state cata is way ahead of Wotlk in term of difficulty. Just the class design is a huge step up for a lot classes in term of complexity.

1 Like

I don’t disagree but we both, as veteran players, know there is a vast difference between launch difficulty and last patch difficulty in both normal and heroics dungeons.

With how wrath was built up as the easy mode expansion (no argument, WoW is meant to be easier in these expansions) I want to do what I can to help temper expectations. What is easy for some is not so for others sometimes I guess I mean to say.

This game level can’t support mythic.

To me it needs all that homogenization retail has. It was the homogenization the let them crank dungeon difficulty up more.

Everyone heals! Yes, and its needed. DPS self healz to offset mana use for healers. My hunter with exhilaration can fix up my HP down 30%…healer has more mana to save the tank. First aid of wrath ain’t cutting this.

Several classes can buff hero/lust/time! You didn’t have a hunter for lust. But you have a hero caster. The crew can press on!

The progression servers desperately need better content.

So go post in the classic forum then. This is wrath.
:axe:

All Mythic and Heroic+ does is shuffle the goalpost slightly further along before people start raid-logging that, too.

Sidereal essence seems to have helped renew general interest in dungeons in WotLK Classic so that people aren’t just logging dailies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.