Classic is nerfed on beta

MC and BWL didn’t receive significant direct changes over the course of Vanilla.

The reduced difficulty for them will be a matter of every class being more powerful, powerful gear being more easily available, and so on.

7 Likes

I don’t believe their lies about not being able to find old data yet magically being able to find 1.12 values.

We are getting 1.12 because this is the easiest version of the game and that’s how they want to release it.

10 Likes

Exactly this. MC and BWL will be easier, because when people started them most of the classes hadn’t had their rework yet. Innervate was the 31pt resto talent, not available to all druids like it is in 1.12. Holy Nova was the 31pt holy talent, then it was moved to 21. Etc. Etc.

3 Likes

How much of the values was kept on server side however? Im Positive if enough of us had our old PCs we upgraded from in say 1.3 or 1.6 or w.e patch had the values in our wow files they could pull it from them no? But if its kept server side youre 100% correct; its impossible to know ACTUAL values or what not from back then.

Let’s not forget about the gear changes too

2 Likes

Been plenty of threads about it every one wants something closer to the orginal release AV.

10 Likes

It seems that for some unknown reason, they felt the need to cater to the instant (figure of speech, not literally instant) gratification, convenience driven retail mindset at the expense of a truer Classic experience and those who, for over a decade, have been requesting that truer Classic experience.

They have pretty consistently chosen the more convenient, faster rewarding version of things that changed during Vanilla. These choices include, but are not limited to, 1.12 AV and CRBG’s.

9 Likes

Enough with this. Retail AV is post-2.3 AV, not 1.12 AV.

1.12 AV does not have reinforcements and still has additional NPCs that are not present on retail WoW.

Here are 2.3’s AV changes for y’all since you keep insisting that it’s ~the same as 1.12~

Patch 2.3.0 Alterac Valley

• Additional Warmasters no longer report for duty upon destroying an enemy tower. However, destroying an enemy tower still eliminates the associated opposing Warmaster.
  • All Warmasters are linked to each other and their respective Generals and can no longer be pulled individually.
  • Honor from capturing towers has been increased.
  • All Commanders and Lieutenants have left Alterac Valley in search for other battle opportunities.
  • Players will no longer be sent to their starting tunnels on death unless that team controls no graveyards in the battleground.
  • Many NPCs in Stormpike and Frostwolf holds are no longer elite
    *Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.
  • The Horde and Alliance now have a limited number of reinforcements available in the battle for Alterac Valley. The number of reinforcements available is reduced upon player death, loss of towers, and death of Captain Galvangar or Balinda Stonehearth. In addition, all available reinforcements are lost upon the death of General Drek’Thar or Vanndar Stormpike. If a team is reduced to zero reinforcements, the opposing team wins the battle.
  • Towers and Graveyards in Alterac Valley are now captured in 4 minutes (down from 5).
4 Likes

1.12 is a joke.
Starting the game on 1.12 is a joke.

I don’t think we necessarily need every single iteration of every patch in vanilla, but it’s clear started the game fresh with 1.12 is also a not the answer.

I don’t see the problem with classes/items etc being reworked to match proper progression.

Blizzard reworks classes constantly on live and it is no issue…

4 Likes

To be fair, AV is, by far, the most nerfed aspect of vanilla WoW, where the nerfs occurred in vanilla itself. Every other feature, like dungeons, leveling, and classes, needed multiple expansions worth of gutting before they became the crap they are now in retail. The rest of the game should still be enjoyable, but AV is shadow of its former self.

5 Likes

I[quote=“Switzy-stormreaver, post:31, topic:199028, full:true”]

To be fair, AV is, by far, the most nerfed aspect of vanilla WoW, where the nerfs occurred in vanilla itself. Every other feature, like dungeons, leveling, and classes, needed multiple expansions worth of gutting before they became the crap they are now in retail. The rest of the game should still be enjoyable, but AV is shadow of its former self.
[/quote]

I hope this is true :frowning:

Is this also where they did the tower change or was that in cata like my memory is trying to tell me. (Im canadian so if you catch my drift my memory isnt exactly perfect lol)

1 Like

What a load of crap in this thread. Everyone wanted 1.12 and NO CHANGES! NO CHANGES BLIZZARD! OMG NO CHANGES!

You get 1.12 and now you cry for CHANGES!

Give it a rest kids.

8 Likes

They did reduce the time it takes for a tower to burn to 4 minutes, down from 5, in that patch.

2 Likes

yea; but i remember a patch going through that they listed for AV where they changed the placement of archers on alliance towers to allow horde to capture them without clearing out all the archers like the alliance could with horde towers at one point. Or vice versa (Couldnt without clearing for alliance like horde or w.e)

Everyone did NOT want 1.12 alone. Most people wanted a frankenpatch of some kind, while I wanted patch progression. Blizzard chose the laziest option available, and it shows.

16 Likes

Actually a lot of people tried to warn us just how nerfed AV 1.12 was, now that’s is been seen live people have come to realize just how truly nerfed 1.12 is and are worried.

We aren’t asking for changes you stupid troll we are asking for the patch that didn’t nerf the crap out of the game, two totally different things.

12 Likes

Which NPCs does 1.12 AV have that are still missing in BfA AV? Just curious.

The irony in this post with two hero class belfs saying they won’t play classic.

Don’t worry nobody will miss you.

2 Likes

Terrible version of AV to go with. Are they really so lazy they can’t spend the time to get it right?

10 Likes