⭐ Classic is Definitely not Vanilla

I don’t care if they think it’s too easy because I just want the accurate numbers. If the accurate numbers don’t give us the experience we expect then that’s on us for wanting something that was never there because we just stunk, or forgot, or have spent 15 years glorifying something that wasn’t what we actually thought it was.

And your right I miss the long nights with my friends, but that didn’t have anything to do with Deadmines, we rolled right on through it without very much trouble at all.

1 Like

Where the hell did THIS argument even come from?

And yes. It is just as much about the actual numbers as it is about the experience. Telling Blizzard to do EXACTLY what pservers do and give us guesstimated numbers in an effort to make the game more difficult is NOT a good idea.

#NoChanges

Reading this; is this really what you guys want (Laeric & Caelle)?

If so, then thats just too bad. Hella bad for the game and its longevity.

“Longevity.”

Guess what, dude – Classic isn’t meant to be a live game. It’s a playable museum and Blizzard’s little ace in the hole when it comes to handling private servers who have so far evaded copyright law due to a technicality.

1 Like

I’d question how good his friends are on Nost then if he was stopping like that. My buddy and I steamrolled WC on Nost, him as a Druid tank and me as a Priest healer and I certainly wasn’t stopping every 1-2 pulls to drink.

I’m actually beginning to wonder if people aren’t just making things up at this point to drive a narrative.

1 Like

No, that’s on YOU and the rest of the people who want to ignore years of information from the private server scene and campaign for 1.12 difficulty.

3 Likes

UGH! YOU PEOPLE ARE THICK!

THE PRIVATE SERVERS WERE. NOT. ACCURATE. NOSTALRIUS EVEN ADMITTED AS MUCH!

Seriously. Stop wearing your damn tin foil and pay attention.

Here you go man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3vco2zy98&t=363s

He plays Shaman, btw, which is not as mana efficient.

I just want it to be accurate. If that means it isn’t what people’s idealized version of what they thought it was 15 years ago isn’t accurate then so be it.

And I would question what you are expecting if you are looking for longevity from an MMO with a hard stopping point that is designed to be a museum piece to begin with.

Guess what dude, it’s mean to make profit.

The whole “museum” thing is an analogy that they used to assuage people’s concerns.

2 Likes

Guess what, if they expected it to make a profit they’d have given it the full remaster treatment and its own sub rather than spending as little money on it as possible and tying it to the safety net that is the retail sub.

Yes and those concerns were that it wouldn’t be accurate lol.

I’m done anyways because at this point we know what we are getting. It will be the 1.12 numbers that Blizzard has.

It’s not what I had hoped for when legacy servers were discussed years ago but it’s better than what I expected they would do, which was to just drop it in our laps and walk away.

Caelle, take me with you! I need to be around more level-headed people!

Profit includes both revenue AND cost. You realize that, right?

3 Likes

Of course I do.

But the lack of faith in its ability to succeed is quite evident if you’d only pay attention.

I appreciate the fear as stated earlier, of Blizz failing to deliver if given the OK from the community to tamper with data as they see fit. I get where you are coming from - I do.

All things considered though, I want the game as close to the inital experience as possible, because that will equal most fun for everyone. If that argument were not to be true then we can go play retail for verification.

When I speak about longevity it is not in the sense of a new game. Id rather have the game last for 3 months then 4 weeks, if I get to choose. Every bit helps.

I love Vanilla, that is all.

2 Likes

No, those concerns were that Blizzard would implement a bunch of QoL and balance changes.

1 Like

It was both, for cripes’ sake.

They are using 1.12 talents so repsawn timers wont be crap and like everyone says people are going to be clicker just so it hard again

Just gotta walk away man.

They want something that is a figment of their imagination. They want something but they can’t define it. This is why Blizzard is going with the hard numbers, because they can not recreate something that has a different variation for each individual.

At the end of the day if Blizzard decides to modify the numbers people will then claim that isn’t right either. It will never be right, because it is all based on unknown variables.

Just gotta walk away, you can’t argue with feelings and emotions.

3 Likes