Classic is a social bust

My pserver friends rolled up on Bigglesworth, and we have been having a blast, bringing on new people, helping others, and enjoying the game a ton.

Sorry you didnt coordinate.

So what fix would you suggest? Force people to roll new characters every few days.

LOL, who does that?
You shoulda all picked one.
I’m on the same server as all my friends.
I’m not going to let a week or 2 of Q’s ruin the next few years of gaming with my friends.
That’s ridiculous.
Not Blizz’s fault.
That one is all on you.
If you’ve ever been a part of a major mmo launch, you knew this was going to happen - ANY big mmo launch has had this problem.

1 Like

I understand the frustration, but at the same time you and your 5 friends have a lot of fault in this too. You all decided to split 6 ways instead of communicating. God fobid everyone hold their horses and WAIT to play until everyone is decided, right?

The good news for quite a lot of people, if they would stop being so stinking hardheaded, is that nobody has had time to make enough progress that can’t be redone.

I saw somebody around Thursday afternoon mention having almost 50 hours in and “I’m not rerolling.” Fine, but nobody but that person decided to no-life it like that. Same goes for others that have done so. The game only released Monday evening and let’s just say it had been out 75 hours. That means WoW is ALL they have done, and quite steadily. For something that isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

People need to calm down and stop acting dumb.

2 Likes

For me it’s just time to meet new ppl and new friends. :laughing:

wow!
Amen brother

It’s not a “rare or unique” problem. It’s a stupid problem that could be solved in less than 30 seconds. If you and your friends get separated and can’t seem to land on the same server then you and your friends have bigger issues than not playing on the same server.

It’s not being hardheaded. It’s people not wanting to re-roll characters every few days. A few people I have played with for years, have now re-rolled on three different servers. Can’t wait to see what happens this weekend. Again, it’s a social bust.

Omg you’re trollin us right?
Hard?
What makes you think i want to be on the same server as all the people i associate with on social media.

I don’t even know where to start.
Imagine the horror
The nightmare.
hahahahahaha

The issue is that people have connections to separate groups of people. You may have managed to get multiple groups to pick the same starting server, but thanks to the horrendous launch, you had people start to re-roll and yes, they end up on different servers.

As much as people love to hate it, xrealm groups let people play play with friends even when they end up on different servers. We were never going to get that in classic, but not creating an environment that was obviously going to cause chaos and get people to scramble to different servers would have been nice. Some of us also called this ahead of time and told them exactly what would happen, and here we are.

LOL, not with everyone. So you are not socially friends with any of the people you have played with for years? Blizzard talking about the community and now with this disastrous launch, a community is now spread over multiple servers.

Which community is spread over multiple servers?
Mine isn’t.
And it really didn’t take much thought or work on anyone’s part to make sure we were all together.
Why are people having so many issues with their social circles?
Doesn’t even make sense.
Better to rush in with no thought and then complain about it ceaselessly.
Seriously. There are SO many people on these forums stating that they’re not having these issues.
AT least be open to the idea that maybe you went about it wrong or that your expectations are way off base for the first days of one of the biggest mmo launches ever.
Blizzard can’t be your social coordinator.

Just make new friends and chat to your buddies on bnet? I have met tons of friendly people picking my server at random. Just because your old friends arent chained to you doesn’t mean you can’t talk and have fun. But then my way of leveling isn’t compatible with most people anyway so I am used to doing my grinds alone (today I got fishing and cooking 225, hard to find people that want to tag along for that mess xP)

Awww man i have to get that bit done too. Probably tomorrow or next day.
Grindy bits make the long run shorter

Reroll on the same server? People are really only like level 20ish and the game has only been out like 4 days. Not really THAT big of an inconvenience to reroll.

1 Like

One less Horde…

Hmm, so they didn’t include you in their plans when they chose to play on other servers … interesting,

1 Like

OP says that “many” of his friends went to Bigglesworth. Seems to me that he should go with the majority and go to the kitty server, too. As Saint Rolling Stone famously taught us:

2 Likes

Lol the majority are having a great time with their friends, and then some unorganized folks are blaming the game. No “Social bust” here (Whatever that means).

Just in case:

Co-ordinate

1. verb
    If you co-ordinate an [activity], you [organize] the various people and things involved in it.

Not to mention they clearly dont have a queue problem if theyve played for so long. Seems like they’re logging in just fine. Perhaps they could pass on the information on how to beat said queue to their ‘friends’.