Classic is a social bust

I don’t understand. The game isn’t even a week old. Why not just reroll on the same server together? Kinda seems like they just don’t care. Sorry :frowning:

Maybe make some new friends? Isn’t that what everyone loved most about vanilla? Meeting new people and such?

3 Likes

BECAUSE COMMUNICATION IS HARD!!! AND… AND… THEN THEY CAN’T CRY ON FORUMS… :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

No we get it, and the majority of us were able to get around it. Communication is key, just pick a new low pop server (like they were warned todo if you were picking servers with high queues)

So Bliz knows all your buddies?

2 Likes

You’re so close with your friends that you willingly went to different servers? My friends and I waited 2 days before starting just to make sure we started all on the same server.

2 Likes

Says this …

Then says this …

Without actually doing any kind of research and/or reading. I’ll let y’all fill in the blanks in what I’m implying.

Make new friends? There’s thousands of other people playing.

Again. Very sad. Really going to miss playing with people, I’ve run content for years. They just went their separate ways.

This seems like an easy fix, but you rather just ignore problem solving with your friends and cry instead?

I do see the issue you’re getting at. Blizz really screwed up by underestimating that maybe some of the millions of lost subs would return all at once to play the game they loved to play and didn’t make enough servers pre-launch.

I know this annoyed me because I am sticking to Herod because we already formed a guild of roughly 50 people to raid as early as possible. I had real life friends who were looking to join but because of queues, some of them broke off and played with other friends instead of me. If more realms were available to choose prior to launch this probably would’ve been resolved. No way we were going to have 50+ people find a new realm an hour after launch time.

So I feel your struggle here. People need to rrealize that maybe you guys didn’t fail to communicate but rather ended up being torn in different directions.

1 Like

My pserver friends rolled up on Bigglesworth, and we have been having a blast, bringing on new people, helping others, and enjoying the game a ton.

Sorry you didnt coordinate.

So what fix would you suggest? Force people to roll new characters every few days.

LOL, who does that?
You shoulda all picked one.
I’m on the same server as all my friends.
I’m not going to let a week or 2 of Q’s ruin the next few years of gaming with my friends.
That’s ridiculous.
Not Blizz’s fault.
That one is all on you.
If you’ve ever been a part of a major mmo launch, you knew this was going to happen - ANY big mmo launch has had this problem.

1 Like

I understand the frustration, but at the same time you and your 5 friends have a lot of fault in this too. You all decided to split 6 ways instead of communicating. God fobid everyone hold their horses and WAIT to play until everyone is decided, right?

The good news for quite a lot of people, if they would stop being so stinking hardheaded, is that nobody has had time to make enough progress that can’t be redone.

I saw somebody around Thursday afternoon mention having almost 50 hours in and “I’m not rerolling.” Fine, but nobody but that person decided to no-life it like that. Same goes for others that have done so. The game only released Monday evening and let’s just say it had been out 75 hours. That means WoW is ALL they have done, and quite steadily. For something that isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

People need to calm down and stop acting dumb.

2 Likes

For me it’s just time to meet new ppl and new friends. :laughing:

wow!
Amen brother

It’s not a “rare or unique” problem. It’s a stupid problem that could be solved in less than 30 seconds. If you and your friends get separated and can’t seem to land on the same server then you and your friends have bigger issues than not playing on the same server.

It’s not being hardheaded. It’s people not wanting to re-roll characters every few days. A few people I have played with for years, have now re-rolled on three different servers. Can’t wait to see what happens this weekend. Again, it’s a social bust.

Omg you’re trollin us right?
Hard?
What makes you think i want to be on the same server as all the people i associate with on social media.

I don’t even know where to start.
Imagine the horror
The nightmare.
hahahahahaha

The issue is that people have connections to separate groups of people. You may have managed to get multiple groups to pick the same starting server, but thanks to the horrendous launch, you had people start to re-roll and yes, they end up on different servers.

As much as people love to hate it, xrealm groups let people play play with friends even when they end up on different servers. We were never going to get that in classic, but not creating an environment that was obviously going to cause chaos and get people to scramble to different servers would have been nice. Some of us also called this ahead of time and told them exactly what would happen, and here we are.