Classic is a bot playground right now

Bots don’t make Blizzard money, the fraudulent changes they have to reverse cost them money

1 bot = 1 sub

Guy has 20 bots = 20 subs

Sorry what are you on about cause you’re flat wrong.

3 Likes

Botting often uses stolen credit cards and compromised accounts. That is not good business.

Competing against botting is big business, but botting is an even bigger business.

Go try and buy a new graphics card

I mean, to be fair, this describes many actual players in random battlegrounds…

You think blizzard gives cares where the money comes from? It’s not on them to make sure the money is legal.

Yes I think their legal and accounting departments cares about where the money for a sub comes from when it’s fraudulent

Do they? Do you know the inner systems of their accounting and financial systems? I Don’t. Last time I checked, a store doesn’t get sued if a customer pays with a false bill.

Have you ever had a job? Yes, merchants often get left with the bill when it comes to credit card fraud. Credit cards are the promise of payment, like an accrual - not cash. Dealing with fraudulent charges costs money, it costs time. My account was hacked and paid for using a stolen credit card in 2009 for example

Fail to see what me having a job has to do with Blizzards financial system but sure bud. (News flash, posting this, from my job)

Well if blizzard ends up with a bunch of accs that didn’t pay, they sever services. ezpz. I guarantee not all bots are fake credit cards. If they were that’s an easy way to ban em right there. The whole point of bots is to look as legit as possible. I don’t know anything about blizzards financial systems but if botting was such a financial burden as you say it is, I would wager blizz would be doing more to stop it hmm?

Botting has increased massively in gaming in the last few years, it’s not just Blizzard.

It’s online shopping
movie and concert tickets
mobile games
online games

Studies keep coming out of journals like Computers & Mathematics with Applications, or Encyclopedia of Computer Graphics and Games that show that botting is a nefarious problem with no easy solutions to combat that have a low false positive rate, don’t harm user experience and have few other downsides.

But yes, this is all a conspiracy from Blizzard to keep the botting business going.

No, I just don’t care about those bots. The bots in question are not retail bots scalping GPUs lol. I am talking about botting specifically with blizzard. I am not talking about botting as a global economical issue.

If you don’t care about that, then you don’t care about botting in Blizzard games.

They’re the same issue

Were getting closer! You’re correct. I don’t.

It’s obviously you know nothing and care about nothing except wasting my time.
So thanks

Whatever floats your boat :slight_smile:

First of all bots mostly fund subs with wow tokens, there’s no need to use a stolen credit card.

Secondly, yes blizzard is on the hook if too many fraudulent purchases are tied to their game. Jagex ran into this issue and credit card vendors threatened to ban Jagex transactions unless they did something about it.

Thirdly, with the brand new cash shop, bots will be a thing of the past as the game will have proper funding.

I Auto-Walk, whenever I want to type something out and am running into Walls, as I go. I can imagine some (not all) Auto-Walking, to get their characters somewhere, as the player (themselves) goes AFK.

I helped out somebody (in Un’Goro) for Small Thorium Veins, once. And, it would look like I was doing this because we were grouped up, and I wanted the person to go to my Dot.

And not killing them? :thinking:

The Bolded portion is important to note. Weird things be happening on my screen, too. Mounted Players I’m sure are running normally, yet on my screen, the Mounts are running sideways. Friends of mine getting DC’d shows them running in places.

These aren’t CLEAR distinguishers of what is and what isn’t a Bot. I’ll give you an example of a Bot, that I reported, and the behavior it was doing.

I found it odd, how this Nelf Hunter would Shadowmeld every single time, before it would pull the next mob (in Ashenvale). I found it strange, how the Hunter would send its pet off to the next Mob (aggressive, neutral, didn’t matter), almost immediately after killing the prior Mob. Then, its pathing got messed up and began running into a tree. Once it realized it was running into a tree, it stopped, made a perfect “turn around” to its last path and began walking 20 feet toward its backtrack pathing. Turned perfectly Right about 5 feet, turned back towards the tree and just ran into the same tree, again.

Normally, a regular Player wouldn’t walk back so far, when they’re caught on something. They’d just go around, as they get closer to something in their path. Not backtrack 20 feet. That’s not something we do. And, yes, I did report them and yes, I did receive in-game Mail thanking me for my report.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there are some in Arathi on my server. Level 60 hunters with a pet “boar” seems suspicious.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.