Classic Flying in War Within

This one of the reasons I have not even bought the expansion yet. First time I have not pre-ordered since I started playing in 2008.

5 Likes

I am a Guild Wars 2 player so of course I adore dynamic flight but steady is better for mining/herbing and it’s really not even close. Putting nodes high on mountains or cliffs and making people dynamic fly means making them just…sit a bit and weight for stamina to come back every now and then. Not sure we can’t just have the toggle from the word go for those situations.

4 Likes

Eventually ™️
I will say once classic flying was unlock able in DF, it was easy to get.

1 Like

That depends on how they define complete the campaign. Is the campaign time gated? Can the campaign be completed right away? Or is it released in pieces over more than one patch cycle?

8 Likes

Incase people didn’t see, and want to be more informed.

I think the funny thing for me is dragon riding was one of the last things to finally push me away from WoW and stop engaging with it.

To me, Blizz is coming off as one of those people who has to overly insist on something being the greatest and can’t grasp others simply don’t like it. They’ve forgotten people engage the game in different ways. Something they used to acknowledge years ago.

14 Likes

I agree with you Moused, and I have said it in other discussions about flying, that I agree BOTH kinds of flying should be useable on day one of every expansion going forward. My stance is that I will NOT buy another expansion or service unless this is the policy. Period. I’m beyond sick of developments petty restrictions on this necessary game component (old flying) and will no longer support their product, unless something changes in the right direction.

8 Likes

You not agreeing doesn’t make their perspective invalid.

You not liking it is irrelevant. To them, it’s more engaging. Their game, their philosophy.

it is like they are still bitter from WoD about the flight fiasco, just can not let it go , very strange way to treat your customers imo.

9 Likes

Their history makes their lies invalid.

8 Likes

idont think its a year or even very long, but still…

Just He Who Shall Not Be Named being who he is. lol.
What did we expect?

3 Likes

NO!! You will play Ion’s way or no way at all…

/end sarcasm

but is it really sarcasm?

11 Likes

i am tired of his way.

6 Likes

Aren’t we all…

5 Likes

I am not asking this to be douchey, but I am genuinely curious: in what way does dynamic flying hurt your hands when gathering? You still to have to right click the herb/ore regardless of what flight strike you choose.

It sucks, they should both be there from the jump… it is what it is…
But on this issue, blizzard is just being an expletive.

they = Ion.

he holds a grudge…

7 Likes

One tends to have a lot more mouse input than the other, my only guess

1 Like

Depends on how gated the msq is I would expect. They can stretch that for months if they want to, or do we already see in the Alpha that it’s quick?

3 Likes

I can honestly see why they waited to have classic flying in DF but with Within I don’t see a reason for it. Most people playing will know about dynamic flying and are able to make a choice about what better fits their needs. They both need to be in from the start and have a different reward for pathfinder.

2 Likes