Classic Flying in War Within

Not saying it wouldn’t have a minor challenge to it… but you can bet that the high end bot software developers had it beat in no time.

2 Likes

I’d put the over/under at four weeks, myself. (I don’t know bots, but I do know autopilots.)

2 Likes

I ithink they just dont want druids and monks to complete quests in the air

Again I’ll say there is no reason I can find why we can’t have classic flying if they are allowing Dragon Flying on the first day of the new Expansion …DF won’t stop the bots they already beat that system long ago when Dragon Flight went live.

Using classic flying doesn’t help me quest faster either…so can’t use that excuse either…

Want me to see the content well your allowing DF which see’s less content then me going putt putt on my Love Rocket …can’t use that excuse…

So Blizzard what is reason you won’t allow classic flying in “War Within” now? other then to piss off players that like old style flying like those of us that still have issues with dragon flying …

10 Likes

But do they need to give a reason for every single design choice. My answer as a forever player of WoW play is. No, they do not need to justify every single design choice they make in the game.
Because no matter what choice they make in the game, there will always be a group of players that do not like it. Even if they put out a reason for every single choice, those who are unhappy wouldn’t accept it anyways. So why bother?

At least the requirements for TBC flying aren’t as egregious as previous expansions.

1 Like

I remember reading all the praises that people were making that dynamic flying had effectively killed bots…those were some funny people.

3 Likes

Botting was worse in DF than any expansion I have experienced.

Oops.

:thinking:

BlizZard wants to promote inclusion but it seems they are excluding a large segment of players.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

It shouldnt take a year to complete the campaign and explore the zones. A couple weeks maybe?

Campaigns are spread out over weeks or months now…they come out in segments…

1 Like

It depends on how they define ‘campaign’- presumably, it’s still just the initial leveling campaign (completing each zone’s story) but frankly I just can’t bring myself to trust them further than I can throw them anymore.

1 Like

Not everyone. Still waiting on that account wide riding training over on the Neutral faction side. Dragon style or Classic style.

This actually did upset me. If anything it should be the other way around. I despise the feeling of “being rushed” and dynamic flight caters to that feeling. It really does “seem like” Blizzard is flipping off the crowd of people who want a chill pace.

I have not purchased the next expansion and I won’t until I fully understand what it’s going to be like via Youtube videos once it’s released. This will be the first time I have ever done this since I’ve been playing WoW (back in Vanilla).

3 Likes

How will my vision issues be solved by motion sickness settings that only seem to work for some people with motion sickness?

The primary reason is because they wanted players to be more “engaged” while traveling. They don’t want them to be able to stop and hover while looking at the map and ordering pizza. That is degenerate behavior. Real gamers have their moms order the pizza and bring it down to them in the basement on a plate.

They apparently put absolutely zero thought into whether this would affect any of the playerbase negatively. If they did, they may have just tossed it off as an “attitude problem” that people could get over if they were given no choice. And now they’re upset that disabled people refused to get over their disability. That’s why the special return to pathfinder for people who are unwilling to just get over their disabilities or impairments. Because they don’t like having to roll back unilateral decisions or let players opt out of something they intended 100% of the playerbase to do.

We really won’t know what it’s going to be like until sometime after release of the expansion.

1 Like

It really is your own darn fault with this not liking Dragon Riding hell a whole expansion over 2 years and still a bad attitude regarding it. People need to get over it and realize that it is what it is and they are not going to change it cause a few people have trauma over Dragons.

As it should.

They should change the old flying by putting a timer on how long can you keep flying without your “mount” resting.

1 Like

Players: We want to fly from the start!
Blizzard: Okay here you go
Players: No we specifically want the kind that enables us to helicopter afk and skip all the content

:skull_and_crossbones:

They are obviously referring to the leveling campaign which is by all current accounts shorter than the one in dragonflight which itself was completable within 8 hours.

You’re going to wait a year to unlock flying because there is an 8 hour content barrier?

1 Like

you really hate druids, don’t you?

The relationship between blizzard and flying is like the relationship between a lion and a hyena.

Actually the relationship between players and Ion is the whole issue…it came too a head back before WoD went live and Ion wanted to remove flying completely with the up coming of WoD…later on it was worked out to bring in Pathfinder to appease Ion to a degree.

And as I have said I see no issue we can’t have classic with DF too…let the players choice how they want to proceed though next expansion …seeing you can Dragon Fly day 1 of War Within…so why not classic flying…if I want to putt putt around slowly on my Love Rocket.

2 Likes