"Classic" excitement explained from an older gamer's perspective

Hey man, I quit this game a long time ago, but just wanted to pop in and say its Day 3, and not even noon PST.

Classic out here sporting 140k+ viewers on twitch.

Shoutout to you!

1 Like

Anyone else not yet able to realize the glaring issues with classic ?

That is the new age, twitch streamers and YouTubers. BlizzCon winners ect will be littered throughout this game.

People who have never played ? Good luck haha.

All the old pros, know every in and out, exploit and enchants, BIS gear ect. Time to actually devote to the ever turning slag fest that is vanilla.

Enjoy your 71 hours on level 14.

While being farmed by xaryu and friends.

(But my action bars have so many moves !!)
“My level 14 hunter has more buttons than my 129 on live”

Not only a flat out lie, but every single one of those “buttons” in your soellbook is 100% usless and NEVER used haha.

Enjoy what you enjoy. But the actual blasphemy going on around classic is so absurd it’s mind boggling lol.

1 Like

No Wai ! Not bags and hogger quest.

Sign us all up ! Game breaking haha.

Sorry I’ll stop it’s just literally hilarious.

1 Like

Game was harder and required investment, and accomplishing almost anything felt good.

Now everything is just handfed to you and you run out of stuff to grind 2 days into the week.

Classic is a mmorpg, modern wow is a farmville hub you log on to queue up for warcraft related minigames.

Sidenote, no monks dhs and dks involves more fun by default.

3 Likes

Dont get caught up with FOMO (fear of missing out) just enjoy your experience! There are a lot of people (like me) who will still group with you in STV at lvl 30 while folks are clearing MC. Times change, people grow up and get families / real life commitments. I no longer have the time to play 10+ hrs a day like i did in 2005, but i’ll be playing when i can. And thats fine!

On topic, yeah it sucks there will be no arena, but we’ll see how much staying power it has in the long run. I may land up having a blast on my new toon in classic, or i may play for awhile and go back. The future is full of possibilities!

Cheers!

1 Like

*blizz supported arena.

There will very much be fan made arena tourneys in stv. I plan on doing a few myself.

True true, forgot about STV arenas, good point

There’s going to be likely hundreds of thousands if not millions of people playing on several servers and you think a .01% of the population is going to ruin the game because they have beta access?

There’s is an unbelievable amount of content to do and explore in Classic.

Yes the game has issues, nobody said it didn’t.

Don’t get your point at all.

1 Like

Hahaha hundreds of thousands maybe millions.

I love your full on commitment.

1 Like

im literally gonna play classic to chill and only log on retail for qs/raids
nothing to do in live other than end game content which u cant do all day anyway

Most people don’t have a problem with classic. I even hope it’s successful because I would love to play a holy pally from bc to mop eras, and maybe a hunter again.

Its the everyone feels the need to keep preaching to everyone about how great classic is, is whats extremely off putting and annoying.

The classic community is also extremely rude to those who dont share their views.

Like ya’ll have your own forum to discuss the game yet ya’lls be everywhere else but there.

Thats where a lot of the ‘hostility’ is coming from.

2 Likes

bro there wud b like 3 people posting here though if not for crossboarding boomers

How do you know it wouldn’t be at least 4?

1 Like

it’s not live, its beta, you imbecile

i guess it could be if you count the BFA Greens who get paid? to post here

there certainly is plenty of this but most of the community has good intentions i think you will find.

honestly, for me anyways, its been so long since ive been “excited” about wow that a post like this just sorta came out of me and my enthusiasm.

classic will certainly not be for everyone. (what in this world is?)

but if you give it a go in August i think you will find yourself in the middle of an overwhelmingly positive and fun filled experience.

1 Like

Sorry i played in vanilla and it was MEH at best. Only reason i stayed with it was because it was better than FF. I started really liking the game when BC came around.

No thanks…won’t even entertain the idea of playing classic, but go do you and have at it.

Classic wasn’t amazing but it is still infinitely better than the mobile game that is retail. Would be nice to play a version of WoW that tries to make an enjoyable experience.

2 Likes

Do you think a multi million dollar software company would invest hundreds of thousands of development time if they didn’t think it wouldn’t net a huge return in profit?

This isn’t a gamble compared to other things they’ve done. It’s a tried and true product. Even now in it’s completely limited closed off beta state it’s drawing in a large crowd.

You can be in as much denial as you want, classic will net a LOT of players.

Classic wasn’t great, but it was leagues ahead of anything else at the time. When we look back we’re looking at memories and personal moments, not objective game play.

I don’t know why all of the classic talk is leaking out into other forums but I suppose it’s expected as if a new expansion was already being revealed. Just new stuff to gossip about. I’ve not talked about it until now.

I’ll likely play Classic but I doubt I’ll get a character to max level, and if I do it’ll take ages. Just the process of getting lost, finding upgraded gear in a random cave not knowing what’s what will be fun.