Classic Era PVP System Changes

You need to be in the top 3.5% of players to hit rank 10.

It’s never “easy” or “fast” - you need to play the game a lot to get in the top 3.5% of players, unless your server is completely dead.

1 Like

I am on Whitemane group / Grobbulous back in the day, both are very active and highly populated.

I still don’t find it all that difficult, tho I guess if you’re only online a few hrs a week to Raid log then yes… Ranking system is some time put in, but its a 100% chance to get the stuff you’re after.

To me that’s why its worth it, there is no BS in your way, you get the loot you’re after and then you can use it as you see fit.

I still don’t find it all that difficult, tho I guess if you’re only online a few hrs a week to Raid log then yes… Ranking system is some time put in, but its a 100% chance to get the stuff you’re after.

You can play the game for a few hours a week and eventually get your dungeon 2 set.

You can never get rank 10 if you only play for a few hours a week.

If you DO play enough to get rank 10, then you can simply put those hours towards running dungeons and you will get your dungeon set faster than you will get rank 10.

No matter how you slice it: the dungeon 2 set is easier to obtain, unless you get extremely unlucky with drops.

1 Like

I guess… long as you have reasonable RNG then sure.

I’m not sure on the length of time it took me but I always have no problem hitting r11 (and I dont premade). I had 2 char’s r11 in classic (mage/hunter).

Now, when it comes to PvE and Rng I have terrible luck with both.

If you’re in bracket 11 from the start it takes seven weeks of straight pvp ( you cant take breaks) to just barely hit rank 10. There’s no dungeons you can run for that many weeks and not see a drop . If you find it easy to hit rank 11 you aren’t the average player and game decisions shouldn’t be made around people like that.

People find ranking fun which is good but as a time investment almost none of the gear is worth it. Honestly the blue pvp sets should probably be a little better for the time it asks of you

1 Like

I agree the blue set should probably start off at r3-r7 and r8-r11 should be something else with just a bit better stats.

I’m looking forward to see what blizzard has instore with the upcoming pvp changes. Please, nothing like retail.

1 Like

I think the idea of ranking in your factions military is a crucial part of the role playing game aspect of vanilla. I wouldn’t really make huge changes, maybe get rid of decay or limit it so it starts at like rank 9 so you can’t fall that far. The banner only rank (9?) is also pretty damn boring but I’m not sure what I’d put there to spice it up.

I want there to be a shift in the type of grind - make it something really hard but that you can chip away at. In my opinion this is a marked improvement.

1 Like

As long as they fix the massive oversight that exists in the current pvp system. No one should have to compete with unhealthy play styles. This is what gives the game a bad name to any sane adult.

Most of the people who get rank 14 would play the game in an unhealthy way anyway. Can’t stop sweat lords from sweating

1 Like

Removing the ability to de-rank would cover this. It wouldn’t make the grind any easier, it would just make it so you could go hard for 1-2 weeks to gain rank, go back to your real life, then come back to PvP in a few weeks or months when you have more free time.

As it is now, the fact that you can lose your rank makes PvP gear inaccessible unless you can dedicate 4-12 weeks in a row. And adults with responsibilities can’t do that.

I am hoping that’s what the upcoming changes do!

2 Likes

I think this would be fine. Most people would probably not get the top ranks anyway and depending on the timing who cares if there’s a few too many rank 14s around when naxx drops? The naxx gear already breaks the game as is so hurting the era servers isn’t that big of a concern and most people don’t even care about phase 6

It’s not the blue gear that is amazing. It’s the set bonuses that make the blue warrior set desirable. Plus, it was made available at launch in SoM.

Heroism pieces are better than some PVP pieces, but the set bonus is not as good for DPS.

Heroism has the same set bonus (+40 attack power) and was also available at launch in SoM.

Like I said in my above post: if you you had access to both sets and no raid gear, you would wear only the helm/shoulders from the blue PvP set and then 6 pieces of heroism in your other slots. This gets you the +40 AP bonus from both sets.

actually play the game?

Getting the blue PVP 2-set bonus is 1000 times easier to get than heroism—especially at launch. The gold and mats alone will prevent all but the sweatiest from getting it within two months or more from launch. You can’t compare the two.

I honestly have no problem with heroism avail at launch because it’s hard to get and basically useless when AQ launches.

The blue PVP L60 set is way too OP for MC.

We’re going in circles here. Please scroll up to read why you’re wrong. Heroism is easier to get.

P.S. If you think PvP gear is too strong for Molten Core, then how do you feel about world buffs? They’re stronger than Naxx gear!

1 Like

Yes, quite a lot. Once you have done the PVP system a few times over its not really hard.

1 Like

I fundamentally disagree that the blue pvp set is easier to get. It takes far far more of a time investment and is fundamentally harder for the average player to achieve. Most people will not have the time or the patience to do the same battleground twenty hours a week for two - three months straight. If that’s not believable then I don’t know what else to say. This is just my opinion as someone who got rank12 once, it’s a miserable experience after a few weeks. Fun at first but by week four yikes.

The dungeon set 2 gear if we are saying that’s the pve equivalent can be done on your own time at your own pace. It is inherently more interesting to most people because it requires a variety of dungeons and quest types and also has a story element to it. Again, this is the average player in my opinion.

1 Like