Classic Era PvP Rank Reset Coming with Patch 1.14.4

Yeah my sense it that leak has more credence after the pvp update announcement. I also asked Sarthe in his twitch chat if he has any idea and he mentioned he thinks it’s a major overhaul and he’s very excited about it. So perhaps it’s a currency system or something? I hope they don’t reskin the gear like they did in the tbc prepatch though haha.

The fact that blizzard puts out some vague statement about making changes to one of the most iconic aspects of the classic era game without any specifics is off putting. Their communication is just bizarre and outdated. The fact that they’re making changes to era which is supposed to be a server set in the way it was originally is also bizarre especially without any new season news. I have zero faith here. The modern employees of blizzard haven’t exactly proven themselves.

4 Likes

Yes, I don’t trust that Blizzard will do a good job and I also think that Era should not be about making big changes to things that define it like the PVP system, especially when we have other games that people who want those changes can play.

If this was just to address things that aren’t really with the spirit of the game before Era like sand running, then fine. So I’ll say if it’s that cool but after what I’ve seen Blizzard pull in the last few years do I expect that? Nope.

I’m also ok with Season changes because that’s the point of that and people can take it or leave it (although I still don’t like the currency system because starting with TBC pre-patch I saw the very obvious reduced quality of BGs and the “I’m only here for ME” mindset shift so that will be a “leave it” for me but Seasons is the place for changes.)

Hardcore should be on its own enough to where they don’t have to mess with Era for it.

I’ll always say Era though shouldn’t change all that much, especially when it’s done by a developer team that has really destroyed things in, for example, Wrath, to where it is only really fun for the serious min-max speed/parse-obsessed raider players.

I find it sad that some people are ok with things in ERA changing because it will benefit them. They have zero thought to the big picture or any “butterfly effect” type things. I think it’s because these types live life only thinking about themselves, thinking that the world should revolve only around them, and they mentally do not think about anything else. Then they attribute those aspects to other people instead of having a real discussion about if it’s right to make sweeping changes that will forever change things that were brought back to stay a certain way.

3 Likes

You are mistaken. Classic Era is free to develop novel content so long as it isn’t any of the expansions. That was the single, explicitly stated, parameter given for Classic Era’s debut. It’s not a #NoChanges safety bunker.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find that, link pls.

sure:

WoW Classic will direct you to the new Classic Era realms which will have the latest phase of WoW Classic content in it and will not progress into any WoW expansion content.

Big true. They should make classic era more like retail so then we have 3 x retail wows to play.

3 Likes

yup

No thanks!

Too late. All changes are retail changes. The people reasonable for vanilla wow are gone along with all their ideas, expertise and design philosophy.

Now, embrace wow classic era retail edition!

3 Likes

Not at all. There’s an entire world of nuance you’re missing.

looks at Wotlk++++++++++ classic

Yep, that’s some exquisitely layered nuance for sure.

2 Likes

Wrath was never Classic, neither was TBC.

1 Like

Well exactly. Wrath is just another retail. That’s 2. 3 with SoM and if we’re really lucky maybe 4 with era.

TBC too! Flying mounts/Purchaseable Mounts/Buyable Boosts/Cross-Faction Classes/Same-Faction Battlegrounds/eSports = retail WoW

The only nuance I need is that I have zero confidence that blizzard can make any sort of substantial changes that would improve the game. They haven’t proven themselves at all.

3 Likes

I disagree. The chronoboon displacer was an elegant solution.

1 Like

Your article says nothing about further development on Era.

2 Likes

Good The pvp System In classic is garbage and speaking from someone that got 2 Rank 12 By myself that was not in a premade its garbage.

Get rid of brackets And decay You do that the system is fine.

1 Like

Read that sentence I quoted again. It gives the explicitly outlined parameter for Classic Era realms along with an implicit one regarding future development:

If another phase of Classic WoW is developed, it will be in Classic Era.

The Classic team is currently developing an update to Era’s PvP system, hopefully Phase 7 is next!

That’s wishful thinking on your part. I would assume there would be no further content development from that statement. Your phase seven dream included.
Time will tell.