Classic Era Patch Updates

Please bring back Stomrend!

5 Likes

Please bring back Might of Stormwind. Huge QoL improvement while it was available.

5 Likes

Please bring back Might of Stormwind.

6 Likes

this is a huge loss for Blizzard and the community as a whole. This is the same reason the streamers and big advocates of WoW have come out saying the Blizz team makes the wrong choices for the community to appease the 1%. Al the die hard no changes fanatics are the vast minority and the people they should target who don’t commit all of the time they have outside of work to the game benefit from buffs like Might of Stormwind to help progress the game and play on a more even field with players who have more time. This is not a change made it was access given to players as a whole instead of Alienating the entire Alliance faction after showing this was possible.

7 Likes

Thanks for making the change back! Can we go more authentic classic for era realms? Guild UI, chronoboon removal, etc.? SoD and Cata Classic are there for the non-era fans, changes are not needed and unwelcome in era!

7 Likes

Please bring back MoS

6 Likes

Bring back MoS, please!

Blizzard keeps making changes that we don’t want, and removing the changes that we do want. Listen to the majority of your subscribers already!

5 Likes

Same person crying about nochanges and go to SoD for this complains about bots, farmers, logout skips etc.

Vanilla wasn’t perfect. Classic wasn’t perfect. Classic Era isn’t perfect. There were changes to improve them as they went.

In Pre-Era Classic boons were introduced to help the population that was struggling due to the majority of raiders raid logging to ensure they had buffs. For everyone with a bad memory, this was done in Classic, before Classic-Era. Even if just ~6 weeks.

Vanilla had a ton of “chinese gold farmers”, bots, and RME. Good or bad I don’t care but it was there. GDKPs where there too.

Vanilla addons and macro allowed automation (i.e. Instant Decursive, Auto Heals, etc). I was 100% behind this change as I never liked it to begin with.

Stop with the nochanges crap, we are so far past nochanges. The goal should be to not have changes that effect game play and mechanics. What most people love of Vanilla/Classic/Classic Era is the community that the game helps create.

Giving Stormrend didn’t effect anything. It just got some people that were getting burnt out or frustrated with having to camp Barrens hope that they can continue to play Classic Era for years to come.

8 Likes

Botting and gold farming are a constant ongoing issue for all companies working with these sorts of games. So shouldn’t be a big part of the conversation here. Changes to stop this sort of thing, or for reasons to protect user security, are understandable, but many of those can be put in at the backend.

As for things like decursive yes it was automatic and it wasn’t good but at the time we also couldn’t see people outside of a party so we had to use addons like Cosmos, the computers sucked comparatively and most raiders had cable but that was nowhere near as good as connections now either.

Breaking addons isn’t really a change to the coding though.

Most people who are asking for nochanges at this point just want at least Era to stay the same as Classic 2019. Opinions on if Chronoboon is part of that because it did come prior to TBCC, are varied.

I find it sad that there are so many people playing Era for whom their selfish desire for QoL overrides any thinking about authenticity or long term outcomes. Obviously these types exist in spades with SoD, Cata, and Retail but there should really be a place where the playerbase can come together and just want the game to stay as close to the original as possible.

5 Likes

Era is that place. It’s the only place we have that it remotely close to an authentic reproduction of vanilla outside of private servers.

I agree it’s mind-boggling that even a vocal minority is wasting their energy yelling for changes to this version.

Changes are definitionally against the spirit of the stated intention for classic Era.

6 Likes

Blizzard has and will continue to make changes to Classic Era. We are just trying to get something good with the bad. Change is inevitable unfortunately so fighting the few QoL changes we can get just because #NOCHANGES just means we will continue to see Classic Era changed for the worse with no good changes.

No changes ultimately means good bye to Classic Era. Raiders like WBs (WB vs non-WB WCL proves that). As limited buffs are available on both sides we’ll see more and more friends quit until there isn’t a big enough population for Blizzard to continue.

You can stay in your nochanges bubble all you like but you are just harming Classic Era by failing to see what the community wants and how we can provide a Classic experience for years.

To quote you…if you want Classic Era to stay as close as Classic 2019 as possible we’ll have 5 Rend drops a day and hourly Heart/Head drops.

7 Likes

I think the issue overall is the very existence of WCL and this unhealthy competitive mindset it’s fostered within a cooperative game.

1 Like

The game Classic Era isn’t going anywhere. You are speaking of yourself and what you assume to be a vast majority that are beholden to the buff/parse meta.

Era will still be here just as it was in the days following the exodus to TBCC. And people will still play. Even without ez buffs.

3 Likes

Bring Back Stormrend

1 Like

It’s human nature to be competitive and to challenge yourself to perform better. WCL just gives us a way to measure progress and examine what happened in a particular encounter. There’s always going to be a portion of the community that wants to strive to achieve something “hard”. There’s also going to always be a portion of the community that largely plays the game as a single player experience, without specific goals, or casually running dungeons with their friends. Both of these playstyles are perfectly OK. Might of Stormwind alleviates frustrations associated with the Alliance trying to get Rend while also encouraging that faction to participate in more UBRS runs. There’s really no downside and both types of players benefit from this minimal change.

I’ll just say it outright; Era will be a more enjoyable place after everyone who’s going to quit over not getting easy rend buffs quits.

1 Like

No I’m going based on statistics. If you look at WCL that most players on Classic Era are buff/parse raiders. There are a few casual guilds and they all have high turnover.

Ironic that its the folks that don’t love this game that can threaten Blizzard that they will quit if such isn’t change than they will quite. Some of us love Classic Era to much for that. We just want to see it cared for and the community supported. Minor updates and small changes are a good thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Era was always going to have ebbs and flows. People have suggested things like fresh rotational servers that feed into Era at the end as a way to help this, but that’s another can of worms. Either way, since TBCC Era has been proven to have population differentials. A permanent “ally rend” will not change this.

Sure, I’ve never said that WBs shouldn’t be allowed in Era raids one time, that shouldn’t change either.

The people who decided to join raid groups as ally and go to the barrens to get rend made those choices, and on top of that, before 4 days ago they weren’t coming here asking for a change to this and they weren’t thinking about quitting the game over it.

It’s less of a bubble and more of a stance.

This is user-driven.

4 Likes