Classic Era Patch Updates

Read my posts. Are you an active raider in ERA on Alliance? If you are, these changes are beneficial to you, and can be attained by you right now through MC. It doesn’t make sense to keep it from people who can literally get it through other means.

1 Like

I am and they are, but they aren’t necessary. The problem is the community forces quite a few people to conform and the more accessible you make it, the more others demand you have it. That’s the problem here. It wouldn’t be a problem if you personally wanted them and no one else batted an eye about it. Far too many people go into a frothing rage if others don’t have it. If they want to raid most guilds will not so much as even look in your direction or even bench you for missing them and that isn’t healthy for the game. It’s just another metric to segregate an already weak player base.

4 Likes

So your issue is, now that it’s in the game, you will be forced to get it? I’m confused and trying to understand. Right now, the Mankrik cluster would most often drop a head buff and then a rend buff directly after. It didn’t involve anymore planning

And also, to your point, getting a rend buff is generally pretty EZ, as it only involves running UBRS! I see your point, and am attempting to understand where you are coming from.

I appreciate it, and yes that is part of the issue. Blizzard didn’t intend these buffs to be the end all meta, regrettably the players have twisted something that was for flavor into something mandatory. The easier they make it to get it, the more mandatory they’ll make it and it’s yet another thing that will segregate our community.

As it stands with the Rend buff now, if you’re dedicated enough to get it on your own, that speaks to your dedication. Being forced because now “everyone can get it, no excuses.” Is just something else others will lord over the community.

1 Like

Okay, see, now I see what you are saying.

However… Like I said, if you are in Mankrik cluster, the buffs were coordinated to be together. It only involved sitting in place for another 30 seconds or so most of the time. I do see what you are saying with requiring people to have it - I do not think many of the casual guilds on Mankrik cluster make the buffs that are easily obtainable now, required. Respectfully, I see your concerns, but I don’t envision this being an issue at all.

Please bring back MoS!

1 Like

I want to thank you for taking the time for the discussion about it. I may not agree with you, but I always believe people should be heard. Make sure you’re signing the petition that has been going around if you haven’t yet, and passing it to others who agree with your cause. Whether it succeeds or fails, I wish you good luck with the efforts.

1 Like

Hi all,
We have a petition going to restore Might of Stormwind in Era! Please have a look and sign!
chng.it/g7pKX2sg9h
Every Sensible Player on Era Thanks you!

1 Like

Bring back my Stormrend

1 Like

Those that agree that the Classic team’s stance on this is correct seem to be the more “sensible” imo.

Thanks to the team for holding the line and letting Era be as faithful a recreation of the original World of Warcraft as it was by removing and keeping out obvious experimental elements like MoS.
Cheers!

2 Likes

They don’t do that. They make changes to Era all the time. Stop being against change just to be against change.

I specifically stated “experimental” as MoS was a seasonal experimental addition for that version of the game. Not Era.

4 Likes

And the PVP revamp was not experimental?

You can engage with someone else regarding whataboutism as this topic regards the adjustments made with respect to 1.15.3 and not prior.

2 Likes

I missed the post where they decided that 1.15.3 was for real for real the last change they were going to make to Classic Era and will totally just preserve that version forever.

Bring back might of stormwind!

2 Likes

Have to agree with the majority of active raiders. Stormrend was a positive change. It not only promotes more participation via running more UBRS, but is also another addition to the World Buff schedule we run on Mankirk cluster.

Less people waiting for Horde on Sorrow Hill, and more play time. Revert the change!

3 Likes

Spending all Saturday brigading a thread that’s crazy.

Hopeful they got rid of the logout skips i hate those.

100% agree no changes, as they have made many under our nose since wrath classic.

3 Likes