Classic Era Patch Updates

That’s the issue though, the raid doesn’t require it. The player base requires it. I did the content back when we had awful internet and computers that weren’t so great and we did the content without it. The playerbase is trying to define what is “prepared” vs what Blizzard had in mind. There was no world buff meta when we cleared Naxx, Blizzard didn’t tune the raid to require world buffs. It doesn’t make you lazy if you can meet the benchmarks and even exceed them with gear as the devs intended.

It’s nature vs nurture. Nature is the devs didn’t tune anything around world buffs. Nurture is the player base warping it into a system that encourages segregating members of the player base. The world buff meta is not good for the game.

1 Like

The buffs exist in the game, use them. Not using them is coming unprepared. Full stop.

1 Like

I said full stop you can’t respond

1 Like

Nature vs Nurture. I’m sorry that I was apparently able to do what you do with your world buffs on worse hardware and worse net without your buffs. You know, because the devs didn’t build the raid meta around it.

There is a go fund me that has hundreds of dollars already in it that will have a banner flown near blizz hq in CA to “BRING BACK STORMREND” …we just need more ppl who are able to donate to the cause to do so…

@JeffBezos pls help

That is so cool! Anyways, we’re gonna use the buffs that exist. Have a nice weekend!

4 Likes

And you as well.

post it here

Just because you don’t know about world events doesn’t mean the rest of us are deaf, dumb, and blind to them.

You attacking me for being smarter than you is so cute tho, but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woB0eecbf6A

It’s a rather long documentary but I highly recommend all of Moon Channel’s content. Relevant part is around 1:33:00 but 46:37 is also important for context.

You’re just lucky I think ignorance is cute. :kiss:

See above. :wink:

Perseverance
or
observance?

Bring back might of stormwind!

2 Likes

Just to make it blatantly obvious:

Changes we liked: Stormrend, polearms, buff timer reduction

Changes we did not like: Guild UI, logout skips gone.

Blizzard - lets take away the changes you like but leave the ones you don’t like.

6 Likes

Several days prior, there was even more outcry that changes intended for SoD kept bleeding into Era, which is supposed to be the preservation of the vanilla/classic era. Accordingly, Blizz correctly reverted this error.

5 Likes

both of these things can be true

The post with 32 comments?

Bring back Stormrend, or else!

3 Likes

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS IT’S A GREAT DAY HERE IN AUSTRALIA :australia:

IT WOULD BE AN EVEN GREATER DAY… IF STORMREND WAS RETURNED TO US!

https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/we-want-stormrend-back-in-wow-era?just_launched=true 261 SIGS

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYXlp6pye VOTE HERE :earth_americas:

2 Likes

I enjoyed the phrasing here and I’m hoping that the team
-accepts the confidence you have in their creative abilities for seasonal/progression and
-continues going forward to shield Era from those unintended changes.

1 Like

Please give us Stormrend back. Fix it properly so that it’s the same as Horde’s Rend buff… make it the same CD etc, whatever you need to do to return it back into the game please.

There is no disadvantage, Alliance were already mind controlling/mc capping to get Rend anyway… this just gives us an easier time to get the buff.

2 Likes

Be nice to see the stormwind buff back and other World buff changes. Nice quality of life impacts that don’t negatively affect the roleplay influence of classic.

5 Likes