Classic Era Patch Updates

It’s because he was mean to the raccoons.

1 Like

Hello, I think this is my first post ever on here. Just crawling out of the shadows to support bringing back Might of Stormwind World Buff. Why give Alliance a taste of chocolate only to cut out their tongues afterwards?

• A Thunderfury Wieldin’, Ashbringer-Swingin’, Semi-Sweatin’, Spammer of /Train, Self Proclaimed Huntank. But most of all - a Day One Classic Era Vet
6 Likes

rend summons /w inv (Mankrik cluster, 30 mins)

3 Likes

No reason to be sorry. You are asking on topic, legitimate questions out of curiosity and Im more than happy to address those.

This is a paradoxical topic for me. On one hand, I was totally against the pvp changes and I still am (I would pay to transfer to a more authentic server in a new york minute). On the other hand I couldn’t refute Blizzards logic and reasoning for making the change - in good faith anyway. They were observably correct in their assessment and honestly felt like they needed to make the move to better the experience for players.

That’s hard to argue against even as a purist.

Going further, I put the blame where it belonged - on the players. If they didn’t make a mess of things Blizz would have had no incentive to change it. It got changed because players couldn’t handle the responsibility of not screwing other people over (by design) for the expressed purpose of making innocent players unwilling pawns in their pvp ponzi scheme.

Edit: As an aside I also despise the chronoboon and would love to see it disappear but I think its too late for that now.

Im biased here because I love AV. But I will say the majority will always take the path of the least resistance and that’s just a consequence of being a human on planet earth so I just roll with it and do the best I can with what I have to work with.

1 Like

Our PVE cluster Mankrik in classic era is not overflowing with rends either, and it has nothing to do with MOS. Our horde population is already on the decline resulting in less consistent drops. But that shouldn’t mean the rest of us have to struggle for a buff that already exists and we all want. MOS, whether it was a mistake or not, worked great in the ERA framework. Of all the changes it was as close to “no change” as you can get.

Blizzard are you listening to us? Are you going to communicate with us? I did not nominate these whiners whom got MOS removed to speak on my behalf. They do not speak for the majority. It was a mistake to listen to them.

4 Likes

I think what this whole situation shows is that there is no YouTube streamer community in clascis era worth a damn. Obviously the masses do not pay attention to them and had no knowledge they were working against MOS. Why on earth would Blizzard think they represent us? This whole this is silly drama that was completely avoidable.

Bring back MOS please, for the love of God.

2 Likes

We’re running out of people who are eligible for the quest.

It was never intended to be a gimme for forever.

/shrug

Edit: This is just proof of what a bad idea chronoboon was btw

I forgot to mention this:

Someone was criticizing how many low posts we all have, but that’s because for the most part we play the game and take everything in stride. We don’t come here to complain. We appreciate Blizzard running the era servers and have accepted there is very little if anyone watching over us on a day to day basis.

MOS was a really nice surprise. Yes they could have communicated better but we liked this change so didn’t complain. They confirmed it was here to stay and we celebrated in the streets of stormwind. We organized groups into upper BlackRock spire to crush rend. We gathered together at the gates of stormwind for the first drop together. It did exactly what the game should do:

It brought us together as a community.

Now this has divided us. Whiners with nothing better to do are breaking the community apart over this issue. This is just so wrong and it MOS doesn’t come back a huge number of people will be salty and turned off from the game.

Bring back MOS

8 Likes

For sure, so are they going to give us regularly scheduled drops like China has?

CHINA?

1 Like

Day 482, Evening:

This cursed cap

10 Mithril Bars
4 Truesilver Bars
1 Gold Power Core
2 Star Rubies
4 Mageweave Cloth

This cursed schematic

10 Mithril Bars
4 Truesilver Bars
1 Gold Power Core
2 Star Rubies
4 Mageweave Cloth

This cursed profession

10 Mithril Bars
4 Truesilver Bars
1 Gold Power Core
2 Star Rubies
4 Mageweave Cloth

This cursed life

5 Likes

had to change my character to respond, limited responses for new… been subbed to this game for over 10 years…

I agree Olorinn, If anything people with low posts should be welcomed, it means that this issue is big enough that lots of people that aren’t on forums on a regular basis or haven’t paid much attention to it in the past are now coming out because how they feel about this specific topic

2 Likes

rend summons /w inv (Mankrik Cluster - 2 min warning)

4 Likes

Bring back stormrend

1 Like

We should rally at Blizzard Headquarters - Irvine, CA! Bring back Rend Rally!

3 Likes

You mean the game that is essentially banned from China over IP control concerns?

Funny how we’re talking about game changes and we’re referencing a country that cant play it anymore because two huge corporations had a difference of opinion…over game changes.

Please bring back MoS, such a good QoL update that can easily be brought back <3

2 Likes

Players have very strong opinions about this, which shows that people are still invested in Era, and still care about the game.

I appreciate that the team responded to what was going on, explained what happened, and reversed some of the changes. I know that’s not easy, and they must have known they’d take heat for reversing the MoS change. No course of action is pushback-free at this point.

My biggest issue with what happened last week was not so much any individual change, but with the way they were implemented. It really appeared that those changes were unintentional for Era. Based on what Kaivax has said here, they were intentional but not well-considered.

It’s important to me that they acknowledged Era players, acknowledged the mistake, and acknowledged the idea that experimental changes to seasonal servers should not impact evergreen realms. I take that as an indication of good will, and I appreciate that.

All of this reinforces the idea that the developers need to think really carefully about any changes they make, especially to Era, and to communicate intentions and ideas more readily. I’d like to see players be more thoughtful and mature about these topics, but I don’t have very high expectations for that.

Each of these changes (and others) have reasons that I can understand people have for either supporting or opposing. I’m not going to go through them all here with my own opinions on them, but those are discussions that need to take place before the fact, whenever possible. With seasonal and progressive modes they can be experimental, but for Era they should first do no harm.

4 Likes

Its worth noting Era mains have been taking body blows in the form of unintentional bugs going as far back as SoM.

5 Likes

bring back stormrend

2 Likes

You should see the hardcore community everytime changes go through, most of time game would be unplayable for 2 days and we would have to find the small changes on boss fights that occured that would end up killing players.

The one time over last 5 months we get a good change for the hardcore community it is taken away. I remember a spell batching bug in aq40 that we havent seen again where mana drain from anubisath idols were instantly queing a mortal strike so if a ranged took a mana drain they also got instant mortal striked

1 Like