Classic Era Patch Updates

Its almost like with Stormrend, More players were playing because it seemed like value of time was higher, like getting a wb makes you want to go play the game because your dps feels much higher

1 Like

On PvP clusters it is back to the fight to get Rend before dispelled so it is the same issue of raid logging that lead to Chronoboons (and boons were added Pre-Era for everyone complaining about changes in Classic Era…even if it was only for a short time)

How so? You’ll voice your complaints a few days, then continue to play the game. You played years without it, and you’ll keeping playing years without it. You’re the crowd they expect to stick around because just like me, you joined to play Era Classic where this thing never existed.

The implementation of Stormrend ended up with a more active community, There were tons of alliance and horde at blackrock mountain suddenly, PVP was popping off there

Awesome.
Seasonal is a great place for that.
I’ve found a lot of things they cooked up for SoD very intriguing. My favorite being Blood Moon.

As much as I love that event I would never ask for it to be brought to Era as it, like MoS, is game-impacting.

They also brought MoS to Hardcore and it felt amazing for a week and invigorated our community as well. we started dropping Stormrend a lot to help people level and also made more people run UBRS

1 Like

How is MoS game-impacting? If it was, I’d generally be against it. Classic Era is easy enough without adding game-impacting changes (i.e. I’m 100% against changing debuff limits). MoS didn’t impact the game at all, it just made it so people had to waste less time to get a buff.

3 Likes

I understand that and it is grossly out of place there as well imo. But I am one of those weirdos that really enjoys some time as me vs the world and self found is fantastic for that.

1 Like

Oh okay.
Then if it has no impact it’s not needed anyway?

1 Like

The issue is only the super sweaty players went out of their way to obtain Rend. The easier you can obtain something, the more people will expect others to conform and have it. It becomes a “No excuses” situation. The more accessible you make something, the more it becomes a requirement. Just look at the world buff meta as a whole as an example.

1 Like

and game-impacting, what for pve. so what it has no effect on pvp where it could just be dispelled. Oh wait the whole argument is that alliance can still get rend now like how it always was. I play a bit on era and a lot on hardcore. On era rend is just a revolving door of horde griefers aiming to mass dispell every ally that gets rend so any argument that says alliance can still just get it is annoying and not completely true.

Blizzard implemented a major QoL improvement and then a vocal minority compared to this thread Cried and cried saying keep Classic #nochanges who are just a bunch of hypocrites because you enjoy boons all the time.

Blizzard then comes a long and virtue signals they care about community feedback suddenly but now that there is an even bigger blowback they will not re-implement.

Era nowadays is just a swiper rp game. 80%+ of raids is legit just a gdkp RMT grab

Real reason people dont like it is because they had a week they couldnt farm gold selling rend.

1 Like

the same thing could have been said about the ones saying this was the straw and they were quitting. There have been how many changes and yet they’re still here.

This thread is longer, more of a risk

It is not. A perfect example is the clone threads. Those people are still going “Blizzard mah clones” over 2 years now and they are still playing. There is a difference if we had the buff at the start and we all signed up for that only to have it taken away. You are a zero risk, you’ll get angry, you’ll grumble, but you played without it and you’ll keep playing without it.

I’ll see you and all of the people on our cluster there next week, and the week after regardless of what Blizzard decides to do.

You are missing another point nickole, Blizzard legit posted that the change was here to stay. Lots of people also spent time last week getting rend heads because it was so-called concrete then blizzard turned around and said Screw you all. we are going to listen to a small amount of players and say it was a massive community blowback that forced them to change their minds.

If blizzard now wants to play the virtue signaling of “we are now listening to our community you spoke and we changed it” well now they are being hypocrites because newsflash. MORE PEOPLE want rend than those who don’t. More people are outraged that they took it out than those that were outraged when it was implemented

Every cluster and expectations are different but it isn’t “super sweaty players” getting it. At least on our cluster it is the majority of Naxx clearing raiders

3 Likes

That’s the Warchief’s Blessing and it is not for you!
:wink:
It’s roleplaying. This is a RPG game.

Blizzard isn’t going to make everyone happy.
They made a mistake and decided to reaffirm their commitment to Era by removing a few things that bled through from SoD, have Kaivax make an announcement and move on. Nothing was essentially taken because if you want the Rend buff as Alliance there’s still the ability in game to take it … if you can.

edit: because I’m about to nap again since the col&flu meds are kicking in Zessy please read this response as it will be my last for a whilezzzzz…

No one said it is needed. It is a QoL improvement only. Similar to making tiered buffs so Garr can’t dispell certain buffs and buff priority for buff cap. There are tons of QoL benefits added. This is just another.

IF YOU SO DONT PARSE ABOVE A 98 YOU OPINION DOESNT MATTER
IF YOU DONT HAVE RANK 14 (Non sand marshals) YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A SAND MARSHAL IS, YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUY ERA AND I WOULD SUGGEST YOU STOP SPEAKING ON IT

ALSO CAN WE GET ANNUAL SCOURGE EVENT AND INSTANT MAIL, THANK YOU AGGREND AND KAIVAX

2 Likes

Another funny thing, I dont see any complaints from the #nochanges crowd about the un-dispellable world buffs oh wait thats a change its just something you like. Instead you want to say oh wait that doesnt benefit me, DONT DO IT UNLESS IT BENEFITS ME TO.

WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3 - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

since when is 471 more or equal to 1.2k?