Classic era endgame = gone?

So once again with the next iteration of classic, we are forced into overpopulated servers, and the old ones taken down. Does anyone else feel like the end game scenario for classic era is to just get rid of it all together and force everyone onto retail? Seems like the new blood at Blizzard just wants to invest in other franchises rather than its bread and butter / core products.

3 Likes

They’ll keep it, for the sole reason if they dont then private servers for vanilla will take a stand again and again forcing legal issues constantly bringing headaches to blizz.

So keeping ERA on maint mode is the cheapest and stress free solution.

But since they are using the framework and backend alongside SoD, SoD is leeching ERA performance and bandwidth causing bigwigs/DBM timers to be delayed and boss mechanics to be delayed.

retail is the actual game.

all of these offshoots are there just to farm retail players.

1 Like

I just play Era…. I like it

3 Likes

100% This Tbh. (Jarl is 100% on.)

1 Like

I only play Era now, have been since early Wrath. Prior I played both Era and TBC, not even wasting my time with cata because the arena meta is Feral, and Retail is not worth playing, retail is so unpopular that I don’t actually know, wait just checked my friends list and zero people I know on retail now.

To me, retail is dead.

2 Likes

Retail is only dead spiritually. The numbers are there. But the people are on auto pilot with M+ and raider io these days.

1 Like

Yup… I just dont know anyone any more that play that thing.