Classic Era Clone service is coming back

If cloning returns, be aware that the character’s name may have been taken. Make a temp character and reserve the name if it’s available.

2 Likes

Were you playing classic at the end when TBC was released and the cloning service was available?

If you answer yes then see follow up questions.

Why didnt you clone then?

Why didnt you clone in the 12 months that the service was avaiable?

Why do u feel like blizzard owes you anything for your lack of responsibility to the wow account you pay for?

Talk about click bait.

The solution is not paying blizzard for a clone of your character (lmao shouldn’t have had to pay for that anyway). Solution is fresh classic servers or som2. There should have never been a downtime this long after som closed.

They can bring back clones just as easy as they brought in boosts.

2 Likes

No they cannot, you seem to be on the maximum dose of copium. The data is gone, all you can do is open a suggestion ingame.

1 Like

Imagine if they brought back cloning and its $35 to get the old clone back. Kek. Just becauae they retired the service doesnt mean they dont have the data. They have back ups of back ups of everything wow related

2 Likes

When BC launched all the servers became BC servers. The Classic era servers were new servers that you had to choose to move your character to and they let you pay for a clone to have a character on both server types. I can see them not keeping backups for cloning after a certain point, all those characters are on the BC/wrath servers. The classic era servers don’t have the data at all for the people that didn’t move when it was available.

Exactly right, we just need to let them know that the customer base exists and that players want to return, keep it up its only a matter of time, they have the data and we want our characters back.

3 Likes

Hey man the value that I gained from having to quit for that extended period of time is worth way more than paying an extra 30 bucks per character. I’m good with paying a few hundred a pop.

They definitely have the data, theres no question there and in all honesty I would be happy to pay to get my hunter back, no stress at all. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The cloning wouldn’t have worked out the way you thought anyway. It snapshotted the moment pre patch for tbc hit. So if you were not 60 at that point you wouldn’t have been 60 when you decided to clone at a later time.

I have a level 35 toon id pay good $ to clone retroactively if they ever offer the service again.

1 Like

you are hooked on some copium friend

1 Like

isn’t that the same thing in reality?

No, the different phases of progression have different feels to them that don’t exist in a forever phase 6 server

1 Like

Great thank you for understanding.

1 Like

You haven’t said how you know this, while I have given almost certain proof it’s gone.

1 Like

Because someone said so. Kinda like all the classic data was “lost.
If you work there and actually have inside knowledge, just say so. …

1 Like

No, not someone, Blizzard said so in an official Blog post.

If you haven’t made a choice for any of your characters since the last time you logged in to either WoW Classic or Burning Crusade Classic, those characters will be moved to Burning Crusade Classic. The Classic Era version of the character will be permanently deleted and unavailable for cloning.

1 Like