Classic Era Clone service is coming back

There is a rumor that Blizzard is gathering polls to gaugue player interest to see if they should bring classic era cloning back.

As u all know clones are supposedly deactivated and it is “very unlikely” comimg back. But unconfirmed sources have surfaced that the cloning service would come back if Classic Era was in one of the top 3 choices in this poll here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/poll-what-is-your-favorite-game-mode-in-wow/1582682

If you want era clone service to come back,

VOTE VOTE VOTE FOR CLASSIC ERA AND CLASSIC ERA ONLY. MAKE SURE YOU VOICE OUT IN THAT VOTE THREAD / POLL YOU WANT THE CLONING SERVICE BACK. PERIOD.

It is so rare for Blizzard to ask for feedback, and if u want cloning for classic era, this is YOUR TIME TO DO SO.

11 Likes

Some really weird options in that poll, Blizzard. A lot of classic era options which dilutes the perceived interest in vanilla as a whole, and only one category for wrath classic, which is arguably it’s weakest aspect (wrath dungeons).

Nonetheless, I voted for classic era

1 Like

I feel like they are doing this because they know that Cata wont be received well as classic and Wrath already isn’t doing well so they are trying to figure out where the most money to milk is.

4 Likes

You mean my poor rogue can get out of classic era jail!? I though it’d always be there, so when things switched to classic era and tbc, i stayed classic era to get to 60 the classic way (didn’t want to cheat in my journey) but, then the clone service was gone, I opened a ticket, they told me it was gone, and now I just wander silithus… I mean sure, I could do other things, but this rogue played through a drought of players on Myzrael, sometimes I was the only one playing on that server! I still have 45 gear on a lvl 60! I don’t know how I survived Winterspring!

1 Like

Sounds legit! :+1:

9 Likes

It’s not coming back, once people start to accept that they will then start to level again.

The rumour is complete lies. All that poll is is asking what you like, not saying what’s coming.

The clones are not deactivated they are DELETED

4 Likes

this is the biggest cope i’ve ever seen
it’s getting sad, guys :expressionless:

6 Likes

I don’t want classic era, I want FRESH!

2 Likes

the only reason I could see clones comin back is if classic+ is in development and people are gonna want their characters back for that. because as far as I’m aware the characters were deleted, they will have to do a ton of work to get em back

1 Like

If clones arent re-implemented people wont play classic-era,

It doesnt take alot of fore-thought here to realise the situation and theres no like middle ground, I mean speaking personally im unsubbed waiting for clones, fresh or SoM, my ex guildies are either raiding WotLK and waiting for clones, fresh or SoM, and I am sure many more are in the exact same boat.

So either the characters get returned or the playerbase goes to SoM or fresh the second they are released. People arent going back to Classic-Era without their characters once Fresh/SoM drop, the servers are too heavily monopolised by GDKP’s currently. The second Fresh/SoM are released the majority of people will drop their low level characters on the GDKP monopolised era realms and move to fresh/SoM where the playing-field is equal. Blizzard needs to act immediately, if they want to catch this monetary windfall since it wont last forever and the minute the news of fresh/SoM is announced it will reduce interest dramatically.

4 Likes

people are already playing classic-era :expressionless:

7 Likes

By ‘people’ here, you are largely referring to the ones who abandoned Classic Era for 2+ years and are now experiencing FOMO. The same people that chased transfer after transfer, destroying countless realm communities in the process

The biting irony here is that while you feign concern for the Classic Era community, you simultaneously lobby for the very same people that popularized the cancer culture that is GDKP & Mass Transfers to begin with.

2 Likes

Funny, none of that fits my experiences and I still wouldn’t mind getting clones for a couple of mine. They aren’t all fancy like other players characters but I still love them. :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

OR they could play on the Classic Era realms that don’t participate in that filth.

2 Likes

Uhh… one of the era clusters have all high population ranked status, go log in and check the servers yourself. The RP server bloodsail buccaneer shows it as full because that’s where everyone is playing with the HC mod

I would like the clone service to come back too, but how are you making a link between that poll and the title of your post???

4 Likes

Clones should come back but thinking they’ll return because of this poll is pure copium.

I really hope my hunter is returned to me, many of us didnt choose to be transfered to the expansions and we just want to play our characters again… bring back character cloning please.

3 Likes

What’ll make them return is money.

2 Likes

Yeah definetly clickbait OP.

There’s 0 mention of clones in the survey at all and there’s really no basis for the claims OP made.

I lile that HC is in like 2nd place on the poll.

3 Likes