[Classic] Druid Cat form changes tracking to Track Humanoids

In WoW Classic (Wrath prepatch), when I shift into druid cat form, it changes my tracking to Track Humanoids and disables my Track Minerals/Track Herbs.

I’ve tried disabling Track Humanoids or changing to Track Minerals again, but every time I shift out [to mine] and then shift back into cat form, it switches back to Track Humanoids again.

This is kind of annoying when I’m mining in a yeti cave. I don’t care about the red dots, I want the yellow ones :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Can confirm this, I’m actually unable to track anything else as it is constantly switching back to track humans, funny enough, I don’t have the skill track humans learned… So I’m not sure why I can even do it.

8 Likes

I don’t even have Track Humanoids, can’t even learn it yet, and this is happening to me as well.

Here it is at the trainer

And here is me entering cat form

Drops herbs, and leaves it off when leaving cat form. Definitely was not doing this yesterday.

3 Likes

DON’T LEARN THE ABILITY! If you do your client will use it every GCD, my game is unplayable at the moment. Blizzard needs to fix this asap.

1 Like

I tried circumventing this with my limited macro abilities, but I think Find Herbs/Minerals gets hit with the GCD after shifting

Hmm… Seems like it’s linked to when I switch forms, if I’m in Cat or Bear, it uses the ability over and over. If I’m unshifted it goes back to normal… weird.

Was working fine for me earlier today. Now anytime I shift to cat it tracks humanoids and if I shift out of cat form my tracking goes blank. Super annoying

2 Likes

Yeah, I mentioned it wasn’t happening yesterday, but after thinking about it, I don’t think it was happening even when I first got on today. At some point during my session this morning, it started happening. Super cool.

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought it might have been something new, that it now saves what tracking you are doing in each form, and that I had bumped it the first time, but it enables again every time you shift into cat no matter what tracking you had active in at previously.

Since you can only have one type of tracking at a time, changing to Track Humanoids turns off any other tracking you have. And Track Humanoids is only available in cat form, so shifting out will turn it back off and leave you with no tracking.

3 Likes

Can confirm this is really effing annoying and a very unnecessary change. Please get rid of this automatic tracking bs.

3 Likes

Just trying to farm a bit and having the same issue.

1 Like

Yep. was working fine earlier now every time i shapeshift into cat find minerals goes away and track humanoids comes on.

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue here on my Druid. so annoying, it makes me not wanna log in to Druid anymore.

2 Likes

Also happening to me. Not sure if I just noticed it today, or if it was happening yesterday when I learned cat form on my druid. I’m leveling my druid with Herb / scribe, and change forms very often for combat and travel, and it’s extremely annoying that track herbs is auto disabled every time I shift into cat form. I often forget that track herbs isn’t on anymore and go about questing while missing tons of herbs.

I even thought to myself yesterday that it was weird I couldn’t find any herbs, and likely wasn’t tracking herbs because of this change.

Blizz please make Track Humanoids a toggled ability and not auto enabled in cat form. Or give us a menu option somewhere to enable/disable auto humanoid tracking in cat form. I can see it’s use for PvP potentially, but otherwise it’s a specific form of tracking, and us gatherers would much rather not having to constantly re-enable tracking Mines and Herbs every time we use cat form.

Edit: OR remove GCD from tracking herbs / mining so that we can make a macro to enable the tracking we want when entering cat form.

3 Likes

Same issue; swapping to cat always turns on track humanoid and turns off everything else, and this was happening when I didn’t have track humanoid purchased. Purchasing the skill didn’t help.

1 Like

Can confirm, only been doing this for me the last 4 hours. since my druid is only for farming ore and herbs, this bug makes my character unplayable.

2 Likes

Unplayable? If all you’re doing is farming ore and herbs, you really shouldn’t be in cat form all that often, only to kill a random thing you aggroed. You should be in travel form which doesn’t trigger the tracking change. I have been on my druid for a couple of hours leveling as feral, and it’s a minor inconvenience at best. It’s 2 mouse clicks on my tracking icon on my mini map. Only way it would make your character “unplayable” is if you were botting and you couldn’t get the bot to turn the tracking back on.

2 Likes

Can confirm as well. Just started happening today. Tracking only seems to change with cat form.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Very annoying. Regret lvling tracking humanoids.

1 Like