Classic Countdown Thread

One week!

I’m kind of surprised how excited I am for Classic, considering I only started playing this game in BC. That’s still a lot closer to my original nostalgic experience than anything currently available, though. I haven’t actually logged into the retail version in a week or two and I may not until Classic launches, but I plan to dive into that. I guess we’ll see how long the appeal lasts!

Are you hyped, Wyrmrest? Or should I say, Bloodsail and Globbulus?

7 Likes

Yeah. I am. Classic should be fun and a nice change from Retail right now. Here’s hoping Blizzard doesn’t take away the wrong things from it if it becomes successful.

I’m surprised as well to be honest! I wasn’t hyped at all as of Classic’s announcement - from where I was sitting it sounded like Classic was this ridiculously difficult and unbalanced incarnation of the game, with none of the quality of life things I’ve come to enjoy, such as affordable mounts at level 20, and transmog.

But somehow in the last few weeks, a lot of my friends have been talking about it, and what their characters would be up to… and I’ve been really excited! I never really experienced the old Quest Zones, so that’s going to be so much fun! And the idea of RPing in a different era of WoW’s history has me SO excited. It feels like a breath of fresh air! And I must admit, ever since I played Warcraft 3, the Scourge was my favourite evil wow faction, the most impactful villains of warcraft in my opinion. It’ll be nice to RP in an era when the Scourge had already destroyed a good portion of the world, and had every chance of continuing to do so. It feels oddly safer in a post-Scourge RP world.

But yeah, definitely hyped! I’ve even already joined a guild, after a discussion in the Bloodsail Discord. Expect to see a very different Sarestha around Stormwind, with the Scarlet Enclave guild. :scream:

6 Likes

Gonna start LFG for Deep Ocean Vast Sea right now for my night elf priest, 9 more people and we should be ok

I honestly am.

I’ve hit a sort of brick wall with current content. Leveling alts is just tedious, and I can’t do much of anything on my main besides get the last rep for flying, and honestly its so much of a chore I can hardly be bothered.

I find myself longing for the grind of soul shards, mobs that pose a real threat, and deadzones. At least there I know what to expect moreso and I welcome the change of pace.

3 Likes

That’s kinda where I’m at too tbh. I got flying. Then… I sorta feel I’ve got nothing to do. Usually I’d do the content on another faction, but I’m not feeling motivated for the grind.

1 Like

More like Retail Death Countdown right guys?!

No but really, I’m actually pretty excited. Orc warlock shenanigans should be fun.

1 Like

I started playing again when they announced you could unlock Void Elves and Lightforged. At the butt end of that expansion.

So, grinded those reps out. Then I really wanted Highmountain. Grinded that out. Then I wanted Nightborne. Grinded that out.

Oh boy! Mag’har and Zandalari are there for grinding now? OK! I’ll be fine after these cuz I’m never gonna play Alliance! LOL

…actually I kinda want a Dark Iron. Lemme grind that oH MAN THOSE KUL TIRAN FORMS ARE PRETTY SWEET GIMME

As I just started to relax and feel like I was done having to grind for rep, I gotta do it again in order to fly. And it’s not like unlocking Highmountain where I can just spam a dungeon boss 300+ times.

Now it’s Shadowbringers and I’m not looking back to WoW Retail for a very, very long time. Reconnected with some old friends, met some new wonderful friends…

But I am kinda excited to see how Classic turns out, yes.

1 Like

Exactly why I don’t have Kul Tirans. I haven’t even been motivated enough to faction change Jian just to unlock them.

I’ll pop in a BG occasionally, and tonight I’m doing the LFR’s I haven’t yet hit for the achieves of completing them. And then…idk. I haven’t RP’d since before Legion so I don’t even have that to distract me. Just something about being a Pandaren loyalist I guess (or I’m too rusty to figure out how to approach it).

Either way I’m in a rut until Classic.

Also Korrgosh, that’s exactly what I’m rolling as a main. Orc warlock and undead rogue, with dwarf hunter on another server.

I’m still pretty neutral about Classic, myself. I have become a bit…apprehensive recently however; mainly because I planning on playing a Warrior. Someone asked about the Vanilla leveling experience in the Warrior forums and based on what I saw it sounds like a rather miserable experience.

…Fortunately I am somewhat of a masochist so I’m staying committed to my plan.

Vanilla through Wrath is my personal favorite time of wow and since WoD’s launch i’ve spent more time on 1.12, 2.4.3, and 3.3.5 pservers than the actual retail product so having an official version of my favorite video game of all time was just too good to be true. Not only that I get a RPpvp server; my favorite thing about vanilla (Wpvp) and something i’ve wanted to get into for almost a decade now (RP).

As long as you keep your weapon up to date and have First Aid/Cooking maxed out to your level warrior leveling isn’t as bad as people make it out to be, its by no means Hunter/Warlock tier of ease of leveling but as long as you pull mobs smartly and not just Charge into 3 mobs you will level just fine.

I’m ridiculously excited for RP. Especially Forsaken, but I also plan to do a lot on Alliance side once I manage to settle on a race. I’m super indecisive and I know leveling alts will take a lot more effort than it does in retail. Actually I guess that limit is part of the appeal; I love coming up with new RP characters…and then I stare at my long roster and can’t decide who I should use to get some actual RP done. My retail roster is kinda like my Netflix queue at this point.

Not terribly excited about the rest but we’ll see how it goes. I am interested to see all the hunter stuff I’ve heard about over the years (having to carry ammo, losing pets if they get unhappy, etc). And I do like the idea of experiencing Azeroth as a random adventurer again.

1 Like

Brill is gonna have a sweet tavern again! :smiley:

I’m gonna be doing what I tend to do anyway, and hang out on the Human and Forsaken fronts. The only irony is that this time Sarestha is my human, and I’m making a new Forsaken.

7 Likes

I’m getting pretty excited to do some of the early Alliance zones, specifically dwarves. I already said in numerous places and threads that I actually missed out on a lot of Alliance leveling content since I was on a PVP server and locked to Horde. So there’s honestly a whole half of the game new to me and never been done that I’ll enjoy completing at my leisure.

I don’t plan to aggressively power threw it since I have no interest in end game content in classic and most of the RP gear I want can be obtained pretty early on. So yeah! Time to level and chill!!

2 Likes

I’ve heard and seen some pretty terrible stuff from Globbulus, tbh.

I’m looking forward to Classic. Bringing back old characters… and someone stole my shaman’s name again >/

I could care less when it was announced. But by now friends have made so many plans with me, and I’ve made so many ideas for classes and RP characters I want to try that… yeah. I’m getting pretty hyped.

I’m interested in seeing how the RP community there develops.

1 Like

Did you change your clothes?

I’m an elf! I have to change my outfit at least twice a week to show off my great fashion skills.

5 Likes

I’m really glad for the attitude shift that happened over the last few months. People here seemed really sour on Classic for a good while, but after logging in and trying it I found it really charming, and so did other folks apparently!

I first started around 1.8 or so, with a guild of friends wanting me to level up and raid with them ASAP, but all I wanted to do was goof off. Now I can finally do just that, with the added perk of not getting ganked.

People in beta were super amenable to talking to each other in quasi-IC ways, so I’m cautiously bullish on walkup RP.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m still sour on it, but like in a sour apple kinda way, not a sour milk kinda way. I think it’s great to have more options for people to explore, but I already been through that exquisite pain once in my life - and with all the stuff I already have to do in retail I just don’t see any time to set aside for Classic. Especially without no goblins.

That being said, it’s always nice to have the option to go back, and I think it’s a good idea to have the servers there.

2 Likes