Classic Content Plan

Update tomorrow. I can feel it.

1 Like

First, I hope that PvP will be included EVEN IF THERE ARE NO REWARDS inititially. At the very least, the server types be designated even if the functionality is going to lag behind.

Second, ( I know I’m reaching here but… ) If I had my way and Classic was seen as a successful project that brought new players, I’d actually prefer to see it and its content treated as a new game–not a progression to release the currently existing functionality. It’s the current mechanics and decisions to move it to a homogenized, easy-to-progress game where everyone is the same that drove me away from WoW in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thank You Blizz for Bringing Classic Back!!! I’m very excited about seeing the Talent Trees, Buffs, and the special class roles that made you feel needed and valuable in dungeons, raids, and pvp. I also miss earning PVP points and buying PVP Progression Gear. I like the variety and deeper customizations of Vanilla. I also like the more complex Crafting systems that again makes you feel needed and special. I just wish we had our own housing system not the Garrison Cookie Cutter stuff, that didn’t work but more like where we have truer creative control, almost like Archeage, FFXIV combined.

2 Likes

I believe the best aproach to classic is classic so, based on that, thank you Blizzard for this.

Any Information about release of classic realms? When do you want to start over with it?

are the bodies of the recently dead still going to have that classic lag slide, haha

1 Like

Will new servers reset patches?

Will new servers have new Chuck Norris facts?

2 Likes

This is great. Thank you for your very informative update, and keep up the good work!

Blizzard please, let’s get a beta or release date today. I need to put my PTO in! :frowning:

4 Likes

A lot late to the party, and just reading blue post now.

I might have the blinders on, but I can’t believe that Bliz has listened so well to the community and has tailored a content release in phases which will make the most of us happy.

I am really excited for the release of Classic. Can’t wait to see what they say about PvP also.

“Slow down. Classic is to be savored!” – Pandaria pandaren, paraphrased.

2 Likes

I have noticed that Blizzard has not touched on whether I will be able to wall jump under Orgrimmar and troll people from below ground.

Can we get blue clarification on this?

It won’t be in-game because they are using the legion client… I know Right… It was the best end-game content…

Did lots of challenges for golds and fun, Having a fun way to give new players a gold after completing a jump challenge.

Luckely I played on a Pserver where this was possible to relive the experience.
For example the Inn in Westfall the roof and then on a tree, Gave out about 300g there and on peaks i had more than 30 people trying to get there with lots of fun and interactions.

But sure Blizzard doesn’t really care about things like this at all…

They’ve commented on wall jumping numerous times.

RELEASE IT. Please!!!

2 Likes

Does this mean that items added in 1.4 (There were many)

From 1.4 Patch Notes

• 20 new Rare items have been added to Scholomance.
  • 26 new Rare items have been added to Stratholme.

Will be available at launch or not until phase 2 when the other 1.4 content is planned to release?

[quote=“Tinytusk-darkspear, post:356, topic:120346, full:true”]

The itemization changes were asked for because Dire Maul gear makes going to MC almost useless. As far as progression goes, Dire Maul is a sticking point. A release raid being trivialized because the gear that they should be earning from the raid is now able to be acquired in dungeon (in terms of item power, not actual items). Sure, MC may be easy, but at least it won’t be pointless on release.

No you wouldn’t and you provided the answer why when I said “How is MC harder with the itemization…”.
its really not.
You are trying to pretend like you are both angry at the fact that loot you need is going to be locked away and affect your build and at the same time act like the change itself was irrelevant and only desired by private server streamers for some reason and that it wouldn’t matter now that the itemization is changed as you will … beat MC effortlessly with a pug of randoms.

You don’t have to have the most optimal gear to clear MC, according to you (implicitly) seeing as you can clear them with a pug of randoms. If you wanta dagger build, get yourself some decent daggers and destroy MC until phase 2.

Make up your mind or come clean. Are you mad that they changed itemization because it will affect your viability (dagger build rogue) in raids (that you have said are only marginally affected by the itemization change anyway) or are you mad that you just don’t have access to the loot that you want because you want it, not because it has any serious effect on your raid viability as a rogue (affecting your viability to the point where you may not even be picked up), but because you simply don’t have the item you want out on release?

I laid it out above in my original reply. You don’t like the itemization changes. You don’t like how the private server streamers are going to tear through the later content. You, for some reason, are also now mad that you also have to wait for your daggers, despite the fact that you reprimanded the streamers for setting themselves up to tear through later content as well.

Do you want to get your daggers quickly or not? If you do, why is it consistent to say that the streamers don’t also get to get their desired content quickly while you feel like you should?

Your viability concerns hold no base for you, apparently, as you are certain you’ll still clear MC anyway and whenever later content releases, and must have MC gear out the butt seeing as it’ll be so easy. Delaying Dire Maul, then, has no effect on your viability when it comes to clearing the later content as you’ll have plenty of MC gear and on top of that, you can farm Dire Maul easily too.

Authentic release of content is impossible. They do not have all of the data. They found the 1.12 backup inside of a TBC backup. They apparently have content back to 1.8 at the earliest. The streamers are not asking because Blizzard has stated definitively that they are not going to freely alter the 1.12 data. Here’s the Classic WoW BlizzCon snippet to support that. From their “Design Philosophy” slide at 31:40 of the Blizzcon Classic WoW Panel video:
“Deliver an authentic experience”
“High priority on integrity of social dynamics”
Avoid messing with the 1.12 data

I hope Blizzard keeps the classic difficulty.

Only 23 guilds among all US servers managed to clear Naxx 40 before The Burning Crusade launch. In other words, only 1.000 players more or less killed Kel’thuzad. 0,1% of the player base back in the day.

The world first came after more than 3 months.

Let’s see what happens now.

Do what you guys did last time with PVP, release the first set, and then when the proper content goes live you release the second sets… The epics if I remember correctly auto-upgraded while the blue sets you had to purchase the new sets.