Classic Content Plan

I think it’s a cool idea. I’m mostly indifferent to the content release schedule, but I would like to see how fast the top guilds can get through the content with far less time to farm gear.

Hypothetical example here:

Classic launches with 50 servers total. Servers 1,6,14,18,22,27 and 38 all blow through the original launch content in 2 weeks so Blizz lets it run another month before launching the first batch of new content. So six weeks in they have to monitor for bugs and if any bugs show up, they have to have a maintenance for those specific servers. Of those 7 servers, 2 more race through the second batch and the process starts all over again. With who knows how many possible combinations, you can see the potential for logistical nightmares.

Blizz could end up having to do anywhere from zero to half a dozen maintenance shutdowns or more a month depending on the rate at which servers go through content. It’s not very cost effective compared to a universal shutdown.

I mean as interesting as this would be, as it wasn’t intended by the devs in the slightest, I doubt they’d let us do it again, and even if they did, I doubt it would be as impactful as it was the 1st time. When you force something it’s usually not as impressive as it was when it just happened.

Uh… As per Ion at Blizzcon they aren’t going to just throw out the next bucket because a few servers raced to the finish. Ion’s exact words were

“When everyone is ready, we’ll release the next content bucket”

You have so much stuff to do.

The average player will be taking 10~ days played to hit level 60. That’s 240 hours. Even at 8 hours a day that’s a month.

Then they need to gear. Dungeons are going to take a while. So another week or two for that.

Then you have reputation to farm. Epic mounts to get. The best gold making will be marathon or BRD. Maradon is 30g per hour. So 33 hours in maradon to get 1000g. That’s another four days.

You’ll have plenty of stuff to do.

The average player ain’t playing 8 hours a day. :wink: More like 2 or 3. And they won’t be using ultra efficient leveling guides. I’d say for the average Classic player it’ll be probably 6 months or so to level to 60.

1 Like

Even more reason to not have content release so fast.

1 Like

Silithus wasnt a zone, it was a butthole with sand, desolace wasn’t much fun either except for the coastal stuff, was pretty neat (at the time) underwater area.

1 Like

Just wanted to add another question. In ZG at release they held off on adding in some gear until two patches later, will they be doing this again? Or just giving us all the ZG drops in one patch this time?

5 Likes

I know I would definitely love to re-live the progression of WoW as it was meant to be. Meaning that I think it would be awesome if there were servers for each expansion. This would allow players to even go back to a time in WoW and create new characters in an expansion besides classic, that they enjoyed the most. It could even be a potential profit maker for Blizzard to have a small fee for a character transfer to the expansion servers from the lower level expansions. I think it would be even more awesome if eventually, we could transfer those characters into the “non-classic” community.

Through what phase/s will the original mounts be present in the game?

I love you.

YES!!

DUDE, SO MANY TIMES YES!

Thank you guys for listening.

Keep it coming!

I hope we can see more of what you guys are up to soon

all this news is cool and all but like ehhh… whens it out.

2 Likes

That was the standard for PvP servers. They’ll likely keep to it.

You could interpret this post that way. I give a different take to think about.

Blizzard found it easy to pick apart the stages of dungeons and raiding so they whipped together a timeline. Then they heard feedback from the fans and adjusted.

PvP is more complicated to get right and Blizzard isn’t willing to simply dump a timeline out there without strong discussions. They don’t want it to be wrong.

So, get a thread rolling. Help them out.

Was this just unpinned? Hmmm

1 Like

Thank you for listening to feedback. Things are looking closer and closer to the authentic Classic experience!

Just need to remove loot share now :smiley:

Things are looking really good Blizzard! Thank you for putting in so much effort & time to recreate the classic experience.
Thank you so much! :heavy_heart_exclamation: