Classic Content Plan

Does this mean that Silithus will launch without Cenarian Hold and the 1.8 terrain updates?

Private server players mad they can exploit gear for Mc, like they can on their servers.

Literally cant wait. I was 14 when Vanilla came out and cant believe ill be able to relive those days once again. Thanks Blizzard.

Blizzard should count the total of all the hoarded items on each server and add that to the amount required for the turn in quests. Boom problem solved.

1 Like

I have zero interest in replaying the disasterous release cycle of the original WoW. Stop listening to tryhards on the forum and consider your greater audience; release content in the actual progression which took place during the 1.12.1 client.

Dungeon & Rare PVP & ZG/AQ20 -> MC -> BWL & Epic PVP -> AQ40 -> Naxx

Yeah, that authentic Vanilla experience where people start off raiding doing ZG and AQ20.

7 Likes

They’ve been doing that for years and the result is BFA.

The Classic community has zero interest in special snowflakes that want changes.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but a lot of pvp and ZG gear is better then some of the things you can find in MC. So releasing in that order completely makes MC trivial.

Dude’s trolling.

1 Like

Isn’t retail the wow version just focused on end-game and raids? I am really kinda disappointed that another blue post trying to make raiders happy. I am happy for the people ho were waiting for this update, but I do really believe other elements which made wow a classic such as, how communities created themselves (without sharding), how people being excluded who can not behave (ignore instead with a toy to silence) are not being mentioned.

I have now no doubts classic with these developer mentality, will be another game where many people will be ignored and ruled by raiders again. Raiding always be the priority for Blizzard and that’s why the game end up with retail version. At least they mention about pvp even it is only couple of sentences, I don’t know if I should be happy or sad about it. Keep it up developers, obviously instead of “learning from mistakes” you do believe “history repeat itself”.

P.S: This post aiming towards the developers not against the players who like certain part of the game. The good thing about wow was that, multicultural and taste for everyone. My critic is against the developers who trying to promote the game’s one side, thanks.

Calling someone a troll doesn’t help.

I don’t see the blue as a post saying that raiding is ruling the direction of the game. It’s not as though they’re staggering the original 1-60 content with raid patches. It looks to me as though they’re trying to figure out the best rate for adding raids after the base game is launched. You can’t release all of the content at once or the raiders would jump right to the end.

As far as sharding and the right click, I begrudgingly accept these as cost cutting measures. Classic, for as much as we’re all hyped for it, is still viewed as a side project by Blizzard. A potentially profitable side project, but a side project all the same.

First off the bat, Thank you Blizzard for making Vanilla come back to us, Can’t wait to Raid and run pvp’s in the future like i did back in the day.

1 Like

Any chance we can get a release date please? I’d like to plan out how I’m going to no-life that week and request time off from work.

Keep it up!

Are you planning on doing something to make the content before Naxx closer to the original difficulty by something like buffs to raid mobs or nerfs to player abilities/talents that are adjusted each content phase. For example, you would buff all raid mobs (not counting UBRS) to offset the advantage of 1.12 talents vs 1.2 talents, but then adjust them to the advantage of 1.12 talents over 1.4 talents on the second phase. Without something like this, MC/Ony will be way too easy.

Given that Classic is supposed to be along the lines of a reboot of the original Vanilla, what are the chances of getting to experience some of the ‘events’ that went along with it? Many players did not to experience the Corrupted Blood Incident when ZG opened up. A time with no world bosses (major/minor) would be cool. You just have to miss Stitches wrecking Goldshire…

1 Like

I doubt this would happen, and I’m not advocating for this, but what if the content release varied by server? I’m not talking about changing the order, but rather the time in between the different stages depending on how far long that server is. How many guilds have completed the earlier raids, the percentage of the players who have completed content or attained gear levels.

1 Like

Won’t happen. Once Classic is launched, it’s going to be as hands off as possible. Blizz doesn’t want to spend a ton of money on people to watch over things. Otherwise, Classic wouldn’t have right click and loot trading. Make sure it runs, wind it up and let it go.

:thinking:
You realize that this very thread shows six stages of content release after launches, right? Someone will be around during that time. I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on that schedule being dictated individually server by server, rather than universal. I expect universal. I’d probably prefer it (honestly, haven’t put a lot of thought on the matter). I was just curious.