Classic Content Plan

Excellent update, and I can’t find fault with any of it. In fact, I’m pleasantly surprised; a more staggered content release schedule and soft re-itemization were somewhat unexpected but definitely a good change.

I think this will satisfy me for another month or two.

Even if they shift the materials, would it really make a difference? Those guilds are likely to hoard everything they think they might need regardless.

I hope you guys know we really do appreciate that you all are listening to our arguments on this.

I cannot stress just how important the experience actually is… I could care less if it’s considered EZ by some people, that’s not the point of a re-creation.

2 Likes

Best news ever.

I think the PVP stuff should come in after Phase 2 and before Phase 3 IMHO

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

See the forums can be a great place for everyone.

Their really isn’t any negative remarks in this thread because you guys are listening and not trying to throw things down our throats.

Pass that onto the retail guys!

1 Like

This news is very good news. I was previously worried about what itemization would do to high level encounters if, for example, Dire Maul was open at release. This has gone a long way to allay my fears.

I’m curious, does this mean Silithus as a whole won’t be available immediately at release? Silithus wasn’t released until 1.8. Or is this rollout plan basically just for dungeon/raid content, and virtually the whole rest of the game will release initially like it was in 1.12?

Thanks for the update😊

More important points moving forward:

1. No Sharding - I want to see everyone all the time. Make it happen.

2. 1.12 talents/threat & 16 slots still makes things easy. Dial it back. People will skip resistance gear and use pots to overwhelm encounters. This is not Vanilla like.

3. Class raid stacking will happen with 1.12. I prefer not to see 1 Druid and 15 Warriors in my raids. See above regarding 1.12.

4. Can we have original Scholo/UBRS/Strat? Pretty please. Also would like full key chains for that deep immersion.

2 Likes

I,m so happy with 1.That there is news. 2. the contend off it.
Butt :smiley: a release date would be realy great by now.
Working in healthcare, some weeks are 16 hours others 50+ especialy during the summer.
Roosters are made months upfront.
The horror, off the release beeing in a 50+ hour work week arghhh.
Pls let us be able to plan a little, lots off us oldies now have full real lifes.

Pls pls pretty pls … puppy eyes and all that sort off good stuff.

2 Likes

its really not.

According to them. They explicitly say so in their videos. The ones who went to blizzcon and talked to developers.

Its because the youtubers are wrong.

That’s only for some playstyles. Say if i wanted to play a dagger rogue. The good daggers dont drop until MCs loot tables are updated so if i wanted to play rogue i would have to go swords until loot tables are updated.

I hold no conflicting positions i am pretty consistent here.

That is a part of it. A bunch of gear and and quests related to tier 1 content will now be behind a timegate because some people had the misconception that MC will be hard if they release a custom private server release of content. And it is the private server style release of content, it is not authentic. Where are the streamers asking for pre-rework threat changes and talents? There are none because that’s not how their favorite private server did it.

1 Like

I agree with you here. It seems that the streamer/private server crowd got their way with this change. I personally thought 4 content releases was fine. This new 6 phase is fine too but was the change really needed? I feel the private/streamer crowd whined over and over and over… gimme gimme gimme like a spoiled toddler and blizzard just caved to the demand. While listening to your community is important, streamers are not the people you should base your changes off of.

1 Like

Can we please have a release date to schedule holidays? 16th July 2019 was thrown around on reddit with a tinfoil hat theory.

Do you not see that releasing it this way allows for all content to be relevant. dropping certain raids/dungeons/gear to early can result in the ability to skip content and rush through game play. imo this is a great way to prolong the content and experience.

Wow Asia launched with Diremaul, no issues. If you chose to skip content then thats on you, lots of others wont skip nor will they have the time to invest into certain things. If you read my post you can see that I dont care that they made it 6 releases. My point was they catered to streamers/private server requests. Yes others requested this who dont but there was also a healthy posting of people who were fine with the 4 releases.

:roll_eyes: >insert facepalm emoji<

I never liked the “you guys will complain about anything” posts… but good freakin’ lord.

4 Likes

Right, because FOUR content phases is authentic vanilla wow. How you have a problem with spacing the content out more like authentic vanilla wow is baffling. This “private server” catering BS that you’re latching on to is just that, BS. People want the content released in the manner that most resembles vanilla, and just because you think that’s not how most people experienced vanilla, doesn’t mean it’s not technically more accurate.

3 Likes

Well you had zero content releases until Blizzcon, then you got 4, now you have 6. Again since non of none of you read im fine with 6, it makes zero difference to me. To say that private servers/streamers didn’t heavily influence this decision is just naive.

Of course they did, Just like the vast majority of the player community did.
I think that vast majority of the playerbase for Classic wanted roughly this type of content release.
And this is also very close to authentic so I really think Blizz did a wonderful job here.

1 Like

Is it possible for you to fork certain updates from retail? For instance, I wonder if it makes sense to keep AV closer to its original release, as opposed to updating as the content phases come out?

Thanks.

Welp looks like its time to quit buddy. PRIORITIES FIRST work and life will be there after classic launch. Classic launch however will be a once in a life time event you choose.

1 Like