Classic Content Plan

Sounds amazing.

Thank you Classic team.

5 Likes

Awesome, for once it seems Blizzard is on the right track. As for the PVP, I would hope it comes out around the 2nd to 3rd phase.

Maybe release AB and WSG in one of those phases and AV in the last phase (3).

2 Likes

WSG and AV came out together. AB was slightly later.

3 Likes

I can appreciate more phases but why are we basing an entire content release around world bosses that 99% of the population won’t get to do and a 5man dungeon? I know diremaul is important for many reasons but people are going to burn through content much faster than back then.

Example of this is ragnarok took over 150 days to kill back when it was new. Now people hit 60 and kill him on week 1. I know this isn’t the norm but it’s just an example of how different pacing is. World bosses are on a multi day respawn timer so dire maul will be the only real content added for months since launch. I don’t think this is going to keep alot of people very entertained.

2 Likes

This is AWESOME news!!! Thank you!!!

OMG I’m so hyped for Classic right now :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you for correcting me, it’s been a while and my mind is shot with all those lap dances over the years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WooOOoooo <3 awesome

1 Like

Thank you to the Classic team!

2 Likes

This is a great change, and it makes me feel extremely happy for the fact that blizzard is listening the comunity, greatly aproves the decision.

2 Likes

This is so great to hear! Thank you for the update, really excited for Classic and feeling positive about the content.

Loving the classic dev team <3

3 Likes

Everyones all up in arms over raiding content and im just eager to see/go through barrens and thousand needles.

6 Likes

Thanks classic devs!

1 Like

But this isn’t retail. Vanilla, “classic”, was about a lot more than what to do at max level, and it will be again. Level your alt(s), level some professions, do some rep, help guildies, pvp, etc.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want to play Classic in this bizzaro out-of-order way? I would prefer you release the whole game at once, but if you’re set on doing it in patches then at least release content in power order. Dungeon set should be at launch…

And there are confusing instances listed here. Are you making Mauradon and Dire Maul raidable? What about Scholo and UBRS?

This is all very good, there’s still one massive problem however, & that is class balancing.
1.12 classes are SIGNIFIGANTLY stronger than classes in earlier patches. You know the old idea that “Warriors did terrible dps until late raids because they finally had the gear for it.” That wasn’t because of gear, that was because the class was buffed. With 1.12 patches to begin with, Fury Warriors are going to be topping the meters as early as Molten Core which is something that definitely did not happen, as well as a number of other class balancing issues I’m not aware of.

2 Likes

Out of order? Maybe you should look up patch history. You’d see that the content they mention here is being released practically the same exact way as in vanilla. There’s nothing bizzaro or out of order about it.

6 Likes

I played Vanilla. I remember 75% or more of players not being able to progress in MC until later patches. Blizz fixed this with dungeons sets, pvp sets, and ZG… rather they start with the fixed order than the original trainwreck.

1 Like

Where did they mention in the post the plans for dungeon sets or pvp sets?

1 Like

its nice to know that sometimes i say things that turn out to be right:O)