Classic Content Plan

No, if there is a BC it will not be forced on the Classic servers.

/putsFootDown

Classic team has won the duel!! Thank you to everyone involved. Keep up the good work!

S̶h̶u̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ,and take my Money.
Keep Talking, and take my Money.

6 Likes

I’m glad about the dungeon gear changes, but what about crafted gear/green world drops. I plan on rolling a lock so I’ll use lock gear as an example. Crafted lvl 40 gear (shadoweave set) is pretty good for leveling as are greens with shadow damage (of shadow wrath) and the enchanting wands for low level are great. These all came with 1.10 or 1.11 but have very little if any effect on raid progression. Will I be able to use a lvl 5 crafted wand at launch or have to wait for the AQ bucket to do so?

1 Like

Well it seems that people who wanted progressive servers won.

I kinda hate artificial time gating, I was ok with 4 releases but if these 6 releases are like spread out in a way where a huge amount of content hasn’t released despite classic servers being opened for an entire year that would be kinda over kill.

Wonder when they will release pvp stuff phase 3? or phase 4 seeing how they were worried about warlord weapons being stronger then blackwing lair.

They should at least have all pvp rep reward vendor gear available when it launches like warsong trinkets/weapons, but they did say they weren’t planning on releasing bgs until one of the phases.

Well I am more concerned about PvP content over pve content, so what av version are they doing and will it have cross realm.
Personally I think seeing how people have to kill each other the pvp system should be in early and not mid phase.

I pretty much hate how they have been releasing content in legion and bfa. So this is pretty much a bomb shell for me.

2 Likes

After quit some years ago, i will come back to wow classic !!! Im so happy.

3 Likes

There is no talk about other expansions yet. They are only focusing on Classic for now.
It would seem that if there is enough success that it ~could~ happen. I would guess this would be something that would be discussed in way more detail if/when a beta server comes out.

Classic Content Plan - #77 by Dranosh-veknilash they already said in a previous post that the sharding will only be for the 1st few weeks of launch after that they’ll only use it where its needed on zones where it matters

my hope is that if&when they decide on other xpacs that it will be on other servers an not updating the classic one that’s the way people can keep classic as they’ve wanted

Classic WoW is going to be DOPE AF! Keep it Classic Fam :100:!

I would rather they be clear from the start that there is a progressive server and a static server. Pick which one you want to play on if they want to go down that road.

My hope is they don’t decide on expacs at all because there’s no way in hell they can get away with more than two versions of WoW running at the same time. They just can’t.

And because they can’t, that means WoW: Classic will progress into TBC if they decide to do expansions… and then everyone who wanted Classic will be back at square one.

TL;DR – If you want expansions, play Retail.

1 Like

Just want to say “thank you!” for this detailed post. We all really appreciate news regarding Classic.

All aboard the hype train!!! CHOO CHOOOOOO

4 Likes

Very detailed and listening to the community, Can we get this same attention to retail? This is pretty amazing and makes Classic and actual thing not some side piece.

Classic wow gets as many feedbacks as BFA, only classic’s are Positive and bfa’s are negative and with so much hatred, Sad :frowning:

1 Like

Ooh, ooh, can we go back to original gear skins for launch? You have NO IDEA how much I miss looking like a traffic pylon in my T2 set!

As a hardcore PvPer, and someone not interested in raiding, I pray to Elune that PvP rewards are in phase 2.

2 Likes

Thank You Blizzard!!

i’m so freakin’ excited to for this to happen!!

the only thing you could do to make me even happier is to make the debuff slots on bosses reflect how it was in OG retail. (start off with 8 debuff slots so MC and BWL are the difficulty they originally were)

1 Like

Thanks for the information.