Classic Content Plan

Very good news.

Now, just keep sharding in at the start, and keep your loot trading and right-click squelching ideas and Classic is going to be glorious.

1 Like

Would it be correct to assume that you guys are planning to rework the honor system? Anybody with Google has a complete roadmap of patches and changes that would affect PvP. If your goal is to just re-release classic I don’t understand why that PVP schedule isn’t part of this list already. This makes me think you’re planning on making changes to something.

Everything about this is excellent. Exactly what the community has been asking for. Good work.

As far as PvP is concerned, I personally would like to see the honor system and gear - at least through Rank 10 - added as early as possible. Hybrids will be very viable with 1.12 mechanics in place, but their options for gear are slim to nonexistent. Some of the blue PvP rewards are must-haves for hybrids. At the same time, they take a really long time to get and they aren’t too strong. Adding Rank 10 rewards early won’t trivialize content - but it will allow hybrids to have a place.

Rank 12-14 gear and reputation rewards from the different battlegrounds can come later. Those rewards are really, really good. I don’t think we should see those until raids with similar rewards are available.

The best place to introduce the PvP gear would probably be between phases 2 and 3

This is great! Now… all that is left is to assure there is no phasing anything that which prevent one player from interacting with another player despite being on the same server and in the same zone with the exclusion of dungeons and raids, and Rickclick report.
(Edited for clarity.)

There’s no phasing in classic. we’re halfway there already!

2 Likes

Like the update overall…

I’d say the pvp system /bgs would best fit in the 2nd bucket here (which puts it after release, and gives people time to do non bg world pvp… But also gives bgs before bwl…) That would be more authentic overall and give bg pvp a chance in the dungeon /mc gear era, even it’s arguably the most balanced.

As for tier 0.5 suggestions in this thread (invariably wanting it handed out early) absolutely not. Not all of that gear was bad, but more importantly, it was designed to be end game progression for casual level players, NOT early- mid game progression. You change both of those factors by pushing it significantly earlier.

I like the idea of Rickclicking. You go to report somebody and instead you get treated to “Never Gonna Give You Up”.

5 Likes

This is good information to know and have but I am much more interested in an initial release plan, and I want it to include surprise information that release is now early spring.

Also, just FYI, waiting is stupid and so is everyone that does it with patience.

I like the release order. Be sure not to compress the timing too much, part of the ‘magic’ of the original classic was that a good chunk of the player base had time to get through the content before the next bit was released. This was good for balance. We don’t want people to feel that they have to power-through the content ASAP. A relatively wide spacing in stages will allow people to enjoy the content more. And maybe help the power-levelers calm down a bit.

PVP release timing still needs to be fleshed out, right? My memories of the original Vanilla release was that dedicated PVPers had some serious complaints against dedicated PVErs in AV for at least a few months. I don’t know if releasing the full PVP ranking system and rewards earlier would help allay those issues. I would be fine with that as long as earlier availability of PVP rank gear didn’t interfere with PVE progression. Something to think about anyhow.

I don’t know if people remember this, but in the early days, PVE guilds were tromping all over the PVP guilds in the BGs like AV. I was in a PVE guild and remember it… ahh… fondly. Even after the PVP ranking and rewards became available, it took some time for PVPers to catch up and I still feel that PVE guilds had a bit of an advantage in being able to mix and match PVE and PVP gear for the situation. I made “Commander” myself (I think that was rank 10 or 11).

Other than that, though, PVP was really a lot of fun later on in the game and the primary reason for that was that everyone was capping out and the ILVL range of the players vs their opponents became more compressed. Which meant it became more about skill and less about ILVL-chasing in late-Vanilla. Result… incredible fun.

-Matt

Without a timeframe this doesn’t really mean much. If it’s 3 months or less this may only matter to the people that rush to 60. If it is around 3 months the average Joe with a job, family, social life etc will still be starting MC in DM gear.
At this point I’m going to speculate on it being around 3 months and as someone that will take around 2 months to level I will just fill in the rest of the time getting all my attunements and other slots pre bis.
The average play time is around 10 days to 60, do the maths on the hours and how much you plan to play.

The devs definitely seem to be making all the right decisions. Now, if they can just reconsider and not implement sharding, loot trading, and auto-squelch into Classic they’ve got a homerun.

6 Likes

Happy Dance!!! TY Blizz!!! :orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Also, addendum, you might want to hold off on the Scourge Invasion… don’t do that until (unless) you intend to release BC on the same classic servers.

-Matt

and who decided that?

No thank you.

You probably have confusion with phasing and sharding.

There is no phasing

Any plans on faction locking server?
IE not allowing someone to roll an alliance and horde on the same server

2 Likes

Please have Molten Core drop the full loot table if at all possible, I dont think anyone wants domo dropping nothing.

2 Likes

did they ever confirm if classic will remain static? I’m worried it’ll eventually roll into BC.