Classic Content Plan

Thankyou very much for the update.

Could you please clear up two minor things. Will the gold farming exploits like hunter princess / tribute runs, and solo mage aoe farming in dungeons be allowed or nerfed?

And secondly can we get a more accurate release timeline? Maybe the month you are looking at releasing so we can schedule our time off of work please kind sir?

3 Likes

Now if only we can get a hard release date. Some of us have jobs we need to request leave for. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Y’all are dumb, releasing mc without diremaul is just a really stupid idea and might I add not the classic experience seeing as nobody actually completed mc before diremaul came out. But in classic wow that will happen and many will have killed ragnaros probably week 4 of launch

I’m sorry but pre-itemization revamp wouldn’t and won’t prevent content from still falling over near immediately. Nost proved exactly that because they literally did that, and so did Elysium.

We NEED talents also reverted.

This is totally how you are going to sway people to your way of thinking.

7 Likes

Not trying to sway anything, if you know you know if you don’t you dont

@Kaivax,

Thank you so very much for the update! This is such wonderful news!!! I am about as giddy as Esfand in his newest youtube upload lol. Progressive itemization/content as you have detailed seems to be such a beautiful balance between recreating the original development of Classic and reducing the workload on Blizzard for releasing patches for a game that is not bringing in the $$$ like a true new game release. We recognize this factor and appreciate this content plan very much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 Likes

Any chance there can be PVE servers with no pvp gear? It kind of messes up progression no matter when it’s put in, even stuff like AB boots greatly diminish the value of all boots as you level up. The cc breaking trinkets were good too.

I would still expect pvp, just never get any gear from it.

Assuming this cause you play rogue and they completely dominated in early patches.

Why would I care about that? Who says I would even be playing Rogue in Blizz-Vanilla?

I honestly thought you were a CM replying, and was waiting forever…

Why because you want to be op is only thing I can think of. Some classes utterly broken to the point of being unusable in early patches of vanilla such as druids. And casters in general were much worse off too.

And sharding! Hell yeah!

1 Like

This did not help to fend off the increasing desire to play. If the last few times I played retail hadn’t been so little fun, I’d be subbed and playing just to keep the Classic cravings at bay.

1 Like

“Give us some idea, no matter how vague

That’s what you said, and the answer you got fits that. This is why they don’t give out hard&fast dates until they’re positive anymore.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

I really like this. It looks like you guys are really trying to replicate the authentic vanilla experience; which was the goal the entire time. Absolutely love it. Great work!

2 Likes

Great update, I’m pumped. Thanks Kaivax.

Are we going to see the Hinterlands and Searing Gorge quest updates?

1 Like
  • Ragnaros now stays up 2 hours rather than 1 after being summoned.
    From the 1.4 patch notes _https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.4.0
4 Likes