Classic Content Plan

This makes me so happy!

Kaivax,

Since you are making these adjustments for player power move in a more classic like curve and not have loot & content trivialize other content by being there early providing power gains that were not available…is the team considering making talent tree changes happen in a similar fashion instead of using 1.12.1 talents? I know previously it was stated we would be on 1.12 talents, and itemization and such, but now that parts of power are being adjusted to make it more Classic like, would it not be better to adjust talents in similar chunks. IE All talent changes up to 1.2.x would launch with the game. then phase 2 gets all talent changes for 1.3 and 1.4 etc etc. Just curious if you guys are considering that as a path?

2 Likes

I’m watching youtube videos of people reacting to this and there’s such universal positivity. I hope the devs know how happy they’re making the players. Maybe after Classic is released they can move them over to run Current WoW, because these guys rock.

12 Likes

Love it!!!

Thank you.

Have there been any discussions about how to keep progression after a new phase has opened up? For example, at some point it’ll be easy to run alts through AQ to gear up quickly. I’d like to see progression barriers since Classic will be around forever. I would rather not see Naxxcraft.

1 Like

Very happy to hear this blue post. This slows us down and gives us more content in effect by not allowing us to skip to better gear and make raids easier. It is also closer to how things were which is very important to me and to call it classic.

3 Likes

Playing with my tonka tanks gotta wait a whole other phase :(:disappointed_relieved:

BUUUUT, does give me more time to save mats for tickets :blush:

This is music to my ears!

But we need them for the progression into BC and Wrath

2 Likes

Thanks for listening to the community and really trying to make Classic a good experience.

1 Like

No, not necessarily longer release horizon. In theory, content releases should be closer together than they would have been with only 4 stages.

Kinda missing the point, my dude.

World of Warcraft should, ideally, be a game that has content from 2004-2019. The vertical expansion model, however, means that whenever a new xpac comes out all the previous content gets invalidated. As a result, Retail is a game with content from 2018-2019 and largely a standalone experience.

I know you guys are still deciding things about PvP, but is there a chance to have weekly ranking at the website like it used to be? It was something that I really enjoyed back there. Keeping up with rank on weekly base made PvP a lot more interesting.

Uh no this is definitely wrong. Ragnaros was available at launch. Patch 1.4 increased the time before he’d despawn for the week after summoning to 2 hours (up from one hour).

2 Likes

Loving this update, keep it up team!

Hoping for date soon™ so I can nail down my summer vc.

Any chance to have a client-side graphic option to use current models instead of the old ones?

1 Like

You would have had to do the exact same thing in Vanilla as it was. The only difference is that you now know that the items you want exist and you, for some reason, want to tear through all of the content ASAP.

Why are you in such a rush? You reprimanded the “private server streamers” for being able to beat the new raids in 1-2 hours, seemingly frustrated with this change because of the gear the private server streamers will be able to get in that time. Here are your words, not mine:

I’m disappointed they went with this. Now every raid will be beaten within 1-2 hours of release because guilds will have months to farm the previous raid before attempting and now even less specs will be viable at the beginning of the game until new itemization kicks in.

The private server streamers got their way i guess.

So, you are mad in one position about the time that is now allotted for everyone to gear because the raids will be trivialized by the delayed release of other content (which is hard to argue, as Dire Maul would, in fact, trivialize MC and Onyxia with some of the gear in there) as “private server streamers” will be able to gear themselves with less powerful gear in the previous tiers of content.

However, you also, by the first quote, are mad that you’ll clear MC easily with a pug of randoms despite the sentiment you expressed about the itemization being only to make some raids “harder”, and then complain that it will take you 2 months to get your specs gear, which, consequentially, doesn’t matter because you will already …beat MC effortlessly with a pug of randoms.

How do you hold these conflicting positions? How is MC harder with the itemization (the reason behind the streamers asking for the itemization in the first place, according to you) and then despite that fact, easy enough for you to do with randoms, even though you complain about having to wait months for your spec’s gear like it’s going to be a problem with your viability?

If it is still easy after the itemization, what difference does it make to have the itemization changes occur in relation to the raid’s difficulty (which you seem to care a lot about) and how fast it is completed?

It seems to me you just want certain pieces of gear, and are agitated that it will now take you 2 months to get to that gear rather than immediately at launch, and are simply using the private server streamers and difficulty/time completion of the raids as a way to mask that desire.

17 Likes

Thank for this update, Blizzard! Your consideration of our feedback on this is most appreciated.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the AQ War Effort and whether you’re considering changing the material requirements to give servers a more authentic War Effort experience.

Fantastic update. Thank you, Kaivax and classic team! I look forward to hearing what you decide about PVP.

Are we going to be receiving Molten Core loot in it’s original form?

1 Like

Okay please provide evidence of this claim. Hands of Power was added in 1.4.