Classic Content Plan

Amazingly true statement here! RED SNAPPA!

the one thing blizz has wrong is the nerf on xp when your grouped up, when the game demands you to play with others normally and at the end and in pvp. there should be no nerf or even a small bonus.

CAN WE GET AN UPDATE on the pvp system already?

That list hasnt been updated since march. its freaking september.

How hard is it to add the honor tokens and put the gear back in? did you really lose all the information needed to implement it? are you trying to decide if you want to cross-realm or not?

Classic isnt complete without the rank system.

Answers plox

1 Like

Honor system is phase 2, AV and WSG are phase 3.

Please move DHKs to phase 3.

Vanilla PvP content:

• Launch: No structured PvP content
  • patch 1.4: PvP honor system
  • patch 1.5: BGs + DHKs

Classic PvP Content

• Phase 1: No structured PvP content
  • Phase 2: PvP honor system + DHKs
  • Phase 3: BGs

The DHKs are being introduced early in Classic. To better match vanilla experience, Classic DHKs should be moved from phase 2 to phase 3.

The Classic PvP content plan has it’s own thread

I would like to know what the debuff cap is on raid bosses currently, and what changes are going to be implemented over time with debuffs as well. Affliction warlock needs to know XD, thanks!

1 Like

Hopefully you don’t just let this game die when all phases are met.

1 Like

Get battlegrounds rolling asap. Thank you.

4 Likes

i cant help but feel this will follow same as retail
they will hold back phases till the absolute MAX people will play b4 getting mad
once we start getting mad and quitting
phase 2
BFA style : /
lol
maxes out the /played you know

1 Like

It’s. Classic. It. Will. Be. As. It. Was. In. Vanilla.

Greetings, developers.
I played through the classic patch where LFG was implemented. As a player my experience was that LFG made it easier to get a group, but required a higher level than required by spamming trade channel. However, forcing LFG in trade channel forced relationship building. I lived this, and I know… Trust me, if you want to build community and force MMO relationship and partnership building no LFG. With that said, Looking for Raid (LFR) normal mode makes since. I remember, waiting while a raid member went to a city to spam Trade Chat for a classes needed for raid… Making everyone in the Raid wait for a very long time. I think, implementing a “Inn only system” for LFR where active raids could post a need for a DPS, TANK, or HEALER for a specific Raid. The Raid would be normal mode, but allow the waiting 39 people, 24, or 9 people to select a replacement easier than spamming city trade chat. The balance here is build friendship by forcing organic groups for dungeons five or less, but help raids of six or more with getting assistance from the MMO community. Balance is the key! I firmly believe this is a balance required for success for any MMO…

No just stop it #notmyclassic

First thing I must say is that I am neither a proponent nor advocate of non-vanilla content expansion of Classic, but I’m going to pull a Taliesen and express what I believe Blizzard COULD do if they go that route.

I can’t believe I’m actually suggesting this, but given Blizzard’s emerging fiscal model of selling access to STUFF rather than merely subscriptions, here goes. I now see the great potential to having a World of Warcraft Classic+ Expansion. It would have no further advancement or higher tiers, but allow players to buy into access to extra features. Purist players need not purchase the expansion. Players who want access to more toys and playful loot, perhaps a unique 30 slot bag, a few fun titles, and so on, could buy into it. Purist players would have either the option to never see the new features for not having the xpac, or not seeing them because they have a UI settings toggle to turn them off, much like the toggle for not seeing headgear. Blizz could add transmogs but players with the xpac feature turned off would see default appearances that already existed in vanilla.

Most importantly, there’s so much room to add more roleplaying features. Two of my best friends pretended that one of the farms on the Ironforge Mountain looking down upon Menethil Bay was their retirement home and venue to their characters’ wedding. I’m not much of a roleplayer, really, but even I used to decide where each of my characters lived (I had a favorite house in IF for my rogue). There’s room for NPC characters to get to know and love, like through quest series akin to the dwarf wedding in Cataclysm—that was touching. My housemates have grown weary of WoW because they say that it’s all just too epic, that there’s not enough regular-people content to experience that makes them feel more invested (I would say that BfA has provided some wonderful non-epic characterization, but they’re already over it and thus haven’t seen that content).

Finally, WoW could provide player housing in both retail and Classic+ with allowing characters to select from dozens, if not hundreds, of domiciles, some of which they might construct on a farm or in the woods somewhere, others like my rogue, who lives in IF proper. One of those tunnels of doom above IF could actually lead to a wing (subdivision?) between the farms, IF Tinkertown, and the airport. Again, purist players need never see these things because of default appearances, portals (either like SW mage tower or the tram). Blizzard incorporated layering into Classic, so we know phasing is possible. Best of all, for Blizzard, is the ton of crap they could sell for decorating said abodes—over and beyond a decent amount of stuff that comes with the xpac, much of which could be earned—think garrison and archaeology museum as they now exist in the game. Instead of a “toy” or “cosmetic”, call it “decor” and allow a person to place the item wherever they wish, usually at will, sometimes necessarily among preassigned location options, and have it persist until moved or dismissed. My garrison in retail remains in a state of Winterveil for eternity—I’m not turning off that sparkly s**t—and my best friend leaves hers in the Halloween version. Blizzard could take a note of the Sims and Second Life (gag), as well as Cities:Skylines (although they’d want to have complete control over object models somehow or other—another way for people to earn subscription time tokens, Blizzard!!). Feh on those hideous helm appearances Blizz offered in the store for a long time, but let me buy or craft a “handmade” lamp made from an actual infinite whelpling! Yassss!! A wall hanging next to my dining table that says “I defeated Onyxia and all I got was this stupid wall tapestry?” Yaaassssssss! …especially for added bosses and content that should be fun but challenging, provide plenty of material for roleplay, and say, “I did this!”

Anyway, I’m with Taliesen (https://youtu.be/5WomzdDc57w) that maybe Blizzard SHOULDN’T do a Classic+ xpac, but I have suggestions for what I know at least a few people would enjoy and spend extra to access. I figure if y’all decide to do it anyway, I might as well express what my circle of player friends would pay for and most enjoy.

this sounds great :slight_smile:

I’m all for new content being created for Classic. I am not however wanted to do BC all over again. I was never a fan of BC. I like a single Zone. All the things I loved about WoW was removed in BC. Wrath was a great expansion in comparison. However we don’t need flying we don’t need Cataclysm. If you want to add in some new content awesome as long as it doesn’t really impact the old. Vanilla is loved for a reason.

I’d rather content that is fun and is an alternative. Classic should be for the Hardcore raider. It should be for the love of Classic.

So Instead of going beyond Naxx. Go sideways. Add in a new Raid on Par with Naxx and maybe one on Par with ZG where the loot drops are similar in stats but look different and allow different paths for guilds to take. Do a Fire Path to Naxx starting with MC and using Fire gear… Have a Nature progression.

Or even create a Story based progression of 3 Raids that move from one to the other where the Gear needed would be Tier .5 to start and will get you to unique tier 3 gear.

This has a few advantages.

1. it helps remove the boring I’ve done this 100 times before element to farming a dungeon. It means it may be easier to get high geared players to do other raids. If you have a Group of Naxx ready players in your guild and then a new crop of players come up that come up ready to do MC and Onxyia and can’t get more than 20 people because the Majority of the guild has moved on.

If the content is a little more fresh over geared toons may choose to help out more easily.

This creates a unique experience and a few routes to the top tier of dungeons without hindering the Classic experience.

Hopefully that wasn’t too rambling

I’m all for new content being created for Classic. I am not however wanted to do BC all over again. I was never a fan of BC. I like a single Zone. All the things I loved about WoW was removed in BC. Wrath was a great expansion in comparison. However we don’t need flying we don’t need Cataclysm. If you want to add in some new content awesome as long as it doesn’t really impact the old. Vanilla is loved for a reason.

I’d rather content that is fun and is an alternative. Classic should be for the Hardcore raider. It should be for the love of Classic.

So Instead of going beyond Naxx. Go sideways. Add in a new Raid on Par with Naxx and maybe one on Par with ZG where the loot drops are similar in stats but look different and allow different paths for guilds to take. Do a Fire Path to Naxx starting with MC and using Fire gear… Have a Nature progression.

Or even create a Story based progression of 3 Raids that move from one to the other where the Gear needed would be Tier .5 to start and will get you to unique tier 3 gear.

This has a few advantages.

1. it helps remove the boring I’ve done this 100 times before element to farming a dungeon. It means it may be easier to get high geared players to do other raids. If you have a Group of Naxx ready players in your guild and then a new crop of players come up that come up ready to do MC and Onxyia and can’t get more than 20 people because the Majority of the guild has moved on.

If the content is a little more fresh over geared toons may choose to help out more easily.

This creates a unique experience and a few routes to the top tier of dungeons without hindering the Classic experience.

Hopefully that wasn’t too rambling

BLAH BLAH BLAH, can we just get a Warsong Gulch even?

2 Likes

No one has answered this and I can’t find the information anywhere. It’s really frustrating.

Holiday events?

I see Darkmoon Faire and Darkmoon deck drops in Phase 3, anything known on the others?