Classic Beta is up on the Blizzard CDN

As we had to back in '04

4 Likes

Earlier than June? Well that would be nice but that’s earlier than summer too. So probably not.

laughs in insomniac

2 Likes

Even though I won’t be playing the Beta this does put my hype generators on overdrive.

Beta should realistically be not much more than a stress test for a project like this so if we are looking at about two weeks for the beta to land and about a month of testing and finalizing the build for launch…that means it’s going to be the very beginning of June.

Uh oh…get ready boys!

It’s only 1:52 Pacific time. 3 more hours for an official Blue post.

2 Likes

Good question. With this so clearly leading us to a Beta I’d assume that means they know when they’re going to launch it, how long it will last and subsequently the release date altogether.

Personally I would be shocked if they were to do a full scale beta phase just to stress test.

For the blizzcon demo, they added Classic to the regions / accounts dropdown menu right above the ‘play’ button. When you selected classic, the launcher theme changed from BfA to a vanilla theme. It might be the same for the real Classic.

I would be shocked if a big reason for the beta wasn’t to do this.
The biggest thing to check for that they can’t really do themselves is server capacity, caps, sharding, players in same zones, extensive continuous demand, etc.

1 Like

That would be disappointing, unless there were a way to permanately make it auto default to classic wow… I don’t want BFA ads in my face while launching classic.

1 Like

When retail is so bad you dont want to be bothered by images of it when playing the real game. lol

8 Likes

Man we are like exactly 3 months from the rumored and hinted at 7/16 release date… And the beta goes on the CDN? Nah… Im betting its 7/16. Beta goes live in 2 weeks as usual for CDN rollouts and we get like exactly 2.5 months of beta.

3 Likes

I have things to do and now I’m glued here hoping for a Blue post.

5 Likes

When I was playing the Demo, it would stay on the classic theme until the demo was removed from the launcher

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold thyne breath

I hope its only a closed beta. Imagine not getting in and having to watch streamers and youtubers play for a month. Rip hype

1 Like

This sounds very believable.

Like watching private servers, or the many people who didn’t get the demo?

The asmongold RFD raid in the demo was lit however.

2 Likes

But if certain people can get in and you can’t that is a closed beta.