Classic and Medivh, your memories please!

With the imminent arrival of classic servers for world of warcraft, i wonder if blizzard will give a nod to our server. Numerous world firsts, top guilds with Fury and Ascent for both factions, the AQ event farm (nightmare). The days when forums were active, ironforge was the hub spot, that random orc running around yelling i shall smite thee, the lvl 1 toons falling from the sky advertizing gold selling sites, the chinese gold farmers in tyr's hand, people crying over a paladin getting server 3rd quel serrar.....what are your best memories medivh????
6 Likes
I remember getting Disconnected over and over at the gates of AQ because so many level 1s from other servers came to see the gates open.
2 Likes
Hmmmm....

- I remember Ascent's world firsts.
- I remember our first pulls in a raid, and our first kills of the bosses.
- I remember world PVP fondly even though I sucked and there was the NE warrior (don't remember his name) with the pocket healer that was a pain to take down.
- I remember Evovii wearing cloth in battlegrounds, and stringing trinkets and swaps to one-shot players. :D
- I remember locks pulling aggro with huge crits and wiping the raid.
- I remember guilds cooperating, even cross-faction, to gather the mats and do everything necessary to open the AQ gates first (and all of the resulting lvl 1s in silithus chain crashing the server).
- I remember farming as resto. :(
...but also remember guildies passing loot to me even though it was an upgrade for them, farming rep and resist gear together, sneaking into UBRS with my rogue buddies to distract the boss and die so they could loot the item in the ogre boss' room.
- I remember dou-ing that stupid spider in Hinterlands when levelling as a balance (my bad) with my enh shaman partner and surviving (after several attempts).
- I remember Hurricane being the top of the tree that I specced into for 1 raid just on principal before I rerolled to resto
- I remember being excited when seeing other people's shiny new gear from the latest raid.
- I remember hyaenas' aggro range and random patrols and still hate them to this day.
- I remember barrens chat. ><

Honestly, there are tons of things... but the best moments were challenges and victories shared with friends and guildies. Miss that still... I hope we get that community and feeling back but I'm honestly not expecting it. I'm hoping some peeps come back and old guilds reform and pull together a few of the old members at least.
3 Likes
PS - I remember when people actually read and used the forums. ><
4 Likes
Hah, these are just off the top of my head. Some are general and some are specific. Not everyone will see the humor in it.

- I remember when priests were the only healers. Druids and Shamans side healed but Shaman were brought to raid for the out-of-combat rezzes and Druids were brought to innervate the priests.

- World PvP before Battlegrounds existed. Aka Battle at Tarren Mill.

- At Tarren Mill (as horde), we had a few hunters kite the dragons to join the fight and help sway the battle (for better or worse).

- Having 12+ hour Alterac Valley battles. I remember joining an AQ battle one morning, leaving. Going to work. Coming home, and rejoining the same AV battle.

- Hunters had mana pools. Feign deathing + drinking was common practice.

- Farming resist gear (fire) and (nature).

- Mind-controlling one of the mobs in UBRS and casting a fire resist buff on my guild mates.

- Zoning into BWL with said fire buff.

- Thinking how OP shaman totems were Razorgore add kiting.

- Learning that Paladins were using Divine Intervention on Razorgore for a free loot pinata.

- Having customized heal teams for certain bosses. On Gehennas, we had Heal Team 1 heal the tanks (and sporatic members). We had Team 2 heal Team 1. And we had Team 3 sitting out of curse range, regenerating mana. Team 1 rotated to the back after they were nearly oom. Team 2 stepped up to Team 1 position. Team 3 stepped up to Team 2 position.

- Receiving text messages at 3am because Azuregos or Lord Kazzak just spawned.

- Hopping on my level 20 warlock to help summon.

- Having to have soulshards in your bag.

- When Sai (warrior tank) asked when he didn't pick up his add on a particular fight, he said he was stunned. Delheru (GM) asked if he was stunned in game or IRL.

- I remember a warrior named Arsonist (or TheArsonist) who was Jagermaestro's pet project in <Ascent>. When asked to tank an add on the Sulfuron Harbinger fight, he said he couldn't because he didn't have a shield.

- Mannoroth raging at us on the forums during the AQ race for "playing easymode PvE" and having an advantage in farming mats.

- During the AQ event, GameMaster's popping up and porting level 1s back to the starting zone to decrease lag.

- GameMaster's giving you great customer service by responding to you directly in-game. Said response is usually prefaced with silly role-playing gestures.
2 Likes
I remember Fury Guild was The Top Guild!!
3 Likes
11/07/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Rhomel

- I remember when priests were the only healers. Druids and Shamans side healed but Shaman were brought to raid for the out-of-combat rezzes and Druids were brought to innervate the priests.

...and MotW!

- Having 12+ hour Alterac Valley battles. I remember joining an AQ battle one morning, leaving. Going to work. Coming home, and rejoining the same AV battle.

Epic.

- Having customized heal teams for certain bosses. On Gehennas, we had Heal Team 1 heal the tanks (and sporatic members). We had Team 2 heal Team 1. And we had Team 3 sitting out of curse range, regenerating mana. Team 1 rotated to the back after they were nearly oom. Team 2 stepped up to Team 1 position. Team 3 stepped up to Team 2 position.

Magmadar... good times.

- I remember a warrior named Arsonist (or TheArsonist) who was Jagermaestro's pet project in <Ascent>. When asked to tank an add on the Sulfuron Harbinger fight, he said he couldn't because he didn't have a shield.

I remember him. He was in Renegades at one point...

- Mannoroth raging at us on the forums during the AQ race for "playing easymode PvE" and having an advantage in farming mats.

lulz

- GameMaster's giving you great customer service by responding to you directly in-game. Said response is usually prefaced with silly role-playing gestures.

Miss this... although I feel like they quit as much so people couldn't spoof being a GM as the fact that it wasn't really feasible to scale this.
Where to begin...

Having to funnel people thru 5 man zones who's name I cant even remember to get them into Molten Core.

"Fixing" every boss in BWL over and over while dev's watched, tweaked bosses between attempts and laughed. Apparently they found our repeated deaths hilarious.

World bosses at every hour of the day.

Having to pretend I couldn't log on to ring the gong due to GMs concern it would crash the server due to number of people in silithus (sorry bout that one).

Being awful at PVP but PvE gear being so strong it didnt really matter how bad I was.

Finkles skinner being THE tank weapon due to speed and heroic strike spam (but muh salv).

Feeling pretty !@#$ty after the whole server busted %^- for the Silithus war effort and only I got a unique reward. Had no idea prior to ringing the gong obviously.

Raiding without DBM.

Attending raids that "watching the video" beforehand wasnt required.

Coolbreeze getting permabanned mid raid. Still dont know what he did but I'd assume rampant hacking.

Rep grinding for...Nightsaber mount was it? Ugh its been so long.
7 Likes

/wave Kalahad

lol = kek

A shout out to all those Alliance Vanilla guilds I can remember from the top of my head :

The Dawnbringer
Fury
Heroic Few
The Transcendent
Legio Fulminata
Blades Of Destiny
Shadowed Fates
Lore
Godspeed
World War Net Alliance
Dark Asylum
Sugar and Spice
Sidhe
Awesome
Bladerunners
The Esoteric Order
Red Dragons
The Cutting Edge
Order of the Westwind
Squirrel Mafia
Kaldorei
Athanatoi
Spirits Of Vengeance
Twilight Avengers

6 Likes

Blades of Destiny member checking in. I remember those days fondly.

Avengers of Lordaeron (I believe that was the name of it)
Ring of Wolves
The Dauntless
Revelation
Pmore’s PUG
Masada (If you’re in Masada, raise your hand…)

Here are a few horde guilds that I remember:

Ascent
Vindication
Black Blood Battalion
Effigy (early vanilla)
Silent Watch
Supremacy
Initech
Strength in Honor

2 Likes

Renegades!! I remember playing with two guys from there but I don’t recall their names. One was a priest and another was a warrior. Turdferguson? Something like that anyway.

MORBO was a great hord guild and Tame the GM was a really great guy. BlackBlades of Durotar was who I spent the most time with and after we left to Garrosh we remade the guild there.

I remember a guy named Ryanoski (?) who would destroy in pvp with his healer and awesome pvp gear…and Tigan (?) that pink haired evil gnome rogue lol

Oh and ChaosMage who was a druid that was constantly told…“But you’re a Druid not a mage” lol

We had a really great community here before cross server opened up.

1 Like

Ryanosky, I believe Grz was the priest that rolled with him. They were both in Fury for a bit, Tegan was the rogue.

1 Like

Pretty sure Turdferguson is correct… only priest I remember their name was Gebbun.

1 Like

That was the name!

I remember running with The Tribe and doing Molten Core. The joys of 40 man raids and poor internet connections causing dc’s as well as poor hardware lol

Yikes, this is a throwback indeed!

I remember raiding on my laptop while being in open lab in Naxx for world first Gothik. Staring at the ground so my fps wasnt pure garbage.

Being completely OP in pvp with all the PVE gear.

The good ole days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holla at my Renegades people(and then Heroic Jew until we got reported)!

Edit: And Vindi before they transferred off :frowning:

6 Likes

I went through a few guilds. Dragon Squished, Silver Dragon Templar, Old School, Knights of Solomon.

I forget which guild I was in, but during BC, all I was doing was BG’s to get raid equivalent starter gear at 70. Nobody wanted/was willing to team up with me to run dungeons for the right gear. Did my best, even went to a hunter in one of the top raiding guilds to ask questions. After awhile, some of the acquaintances I made via being in different guilds got to asking me to fill in. Not sure if I got that good, or got the reputation of trying my best.

I do miss some of the friendliness that guilds had, even though there was competition on the progression side.