"Classic AMA on Reddit"...Heaven forbid you actually use the Wow forums!

So let me get this straight…

We get our Blue posts on the Wow Forums
The AMA is on Reddit
The Technical updates are on Twitter
The Q&A’s are on Twitch
And I bet all the Advertising for Classic was done through Tumblr.

This “Communication” strategy is so Byzantine, it’s a surprise Blizzard hasn’t resorted to using the Carrier pigeon.

Stop using Twitter, it is frustratingly useless.
1/4 Getting

2/4 Our

3/4 Info

4/4 Like this is, only makes you wanna throw a chair through your screen.

If the Wow forums are a museum, Reddit is a junkyard.

Reddit is disorganized, there is too much clutter everywhere, and Reddit AMA’s are the dumbest thing people have ever invented.

You sit there for 30 minutes waiting for a person to type a response, then you type another question, and then they spend another 30 minutes typing and thinking.

I could call you from Mars and our conversation would go faster.

Instead of having a waste of time Reddit AMA…why not get people to ask the questions on the forums…
Then you prepare your responses in advance, and then live stream it on Twitch.
(Or Mixer)

Instead of spending 2 hours furiously typing out 3-4 responses, like that Reddit AMA Ion Hazzikostas did about a year ago…
So many people fell asleep, he could’ve started his own ASMR channel.

Finally…

Cooking Impossible

A couple of months back, Blizzard added “Cooking Impossible” to Battle for Azeroth…but they decided to tell noone.

To this day…people still don’t know what it is, or where the heck to find it.

Random Player: “I know what Cooking Impossible is”…[Quickly goes on Wowhead to check]

Blizzard needs to stop using Social Media as their communication strategy, because while they are focused on updating one thing on Twitter, and another thing on Reddit…
They don’t inform people, they just create a load of white noise.

Stop using Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and whatever else.

Use the Wow Forums!

44 Likes

A VERY small percentage of the playerbase uses the forums, many many MANY more people use social media.

And as for the the reddit AMA, reddit just works well for AMA’s because each comment has its own set of comments so questions and answers are condensed together, no other popular platform has this.

20 Likes

I go read them afterward.

The design of Reddit is great for AMAs.

7 Likes

Ha. These forums are a dump compared to reddit. To make them viable, we’d need some good upvote-downvote-sorting sytem so that good content floats up and trash content disappears

4 Likes

To be fair this forum’s format is a hilariously bad mess, I’d use reddit for it too

3 Likes

If wow servers are down, guess when you are getting an update regarding the servers on their website.

Using an offsite “free” social network is a smart move. besides you don’t advertise your store sales just to your customers who are already in the store, you need to communicate outside and go where the people are. thus having thing everywhere where it is specialized is a good idea.

1 Like

News Flash: some platforms are better at some things than others. You wouldn’t upload a new trailer to facebook would you? No! You use youtube, and then link the youtube video to facebook.

3 Likes

Been saying this for over 10 years.

5 Likes

Reddit is trash. If you’re going to officially post there might as well post on 4chan too.

7 Likes

It’s because Blizzard makes deals behind the scenes to use all these social media platforms, we saw this when they tried to pass Twitter Integration as a “major content patch” in Warlord of Draenor.

1 Like

This is why.

4 Likes

that’s the problem with reddit actually. it lets you downvote any dissent. forums don’t. dissent is a bit harder to read

1 Like

Other peoples platforms are better at getting them out there than their own. Even if they scheduled one for the forums, almost no one would read it comparatively.

These forums are pretty anachronistic in 2019.

2 Likes

Literally 2% of the playerbase uses the forums.

A vast majority uses reddit and Twitter more. So more people see it.

2 Likes

Nah, advertising will be via usersub on imgur.

I honestly do miss the days of vanilla, when you knew what information about the game was available, it could be found on the actual Blizzard site.

1 Like

the reddit AMA is just a bunch of OSRS players asking for clarification on Classic + … meanwhile no unarmored mounts because…

That’s how I like to play

SLOW AND STEADY RUNNIN EVERY DUNGEON

In addition to what everyone else has said, Kaivax did say he will be posting a compilation of all the questions and answers on this forum later today, so you won’t miss the information anyway.

1 Like

Reddit is basically ANTIFA online, such a joke of a site.

2 Likes

Im still sitting in the #WorldOfWarcraft channel on IRC. Hello…tap.tap.tap is this thing on?

1 Like