Classes and Item Tuning Incoming - May 3

How did they not nerf Destro/Surv? But they nerf BDK.

Also why nerf BDK defense? That ruins the spec in higher keys.

4 Likes

3% for outlaw? Really? We are behind by around 100% in M+ and are competing or even getting destroyed by TANKS…

2 Likes

Considering because of how the tier works its a .5 second nerf, along with a defensive nerf and a damage nerf and a str nerf. it doesn’t look like a lot, but that specific change is a 30% reduction in damage and defense with how the tier works. its the absolute worst option they could have picked.

5 Likes

It’s good ST and… nothing more, really.

Granted, it’s VERY good in single-target, but its AoE rotation is absolutely abysmal and is cited as one of the reasons why, to some, the SL rework of the spec is a total failure.

1 Like

I’d expect to also, it just seems odd that they would bother with some changes mid MDI but deliberately ignore others.
Large WW buffs for example seem like they could possibly affect MDI balance alongside Survival being so dominant.

1 Like

Good start, but Arms needs a lot of help… particularly in PvP. It’s hot garage there.

1 Like

Frost and arcane mage buffs when?

2 Likes

How about 350% instead of 66% healing proc on 4 piece brewmaster set!

1 Like

I don’t even know how to start to describe what this nerf is.
First, they developed this tier bonus and have never considered how much the damage output from a blood DK could scale. And we aren’t even 3 months into the season.

Now the Nerf does not only affects the damage output, which doesn’t really address the problem (the strength bonus stacking). The bonus should’ve been capped to limit the damage output.

Now, reducing the 2p bonus from 0.5 to 0.33 will reduce roughly 30% DRW uptime. That will probably reduce the damage output but at same time it knocks Blood DKs to the bottom, and we’re suddenly back to season 1. If this change is not reverted until you can actually come up with a more proper nerf to address the damage output (cap the Endless Rune Waltz stack from the 2p tier) without drastically reducing the survivability (and at same time, the viability) of the Blood DK, I believe that you’ll start seeing a huge reduction of Blood DKs in high keys (and guilds raiding Mythic right now having to gear another tank to replace their Blood DK they invested so hard).

7 Likes

If you do high keys, you’ll feel it.
Bear is so weak on high keys after nerf after two nerfs.

Why has destruction not been nerfed yet? Is this another 9.1.5 WW situation where yall just ignore a blatantly overpowered spec for a patch??

Unholy needs more buffs.

APRIL 18, 2022

• Warlock
    • Destruction
      • [With realm restarts] Inferno (Talent) now has a reduced chance for Rain of Fire to generate Soul Shard Fragments when it deals damage beyond 5 targets.

Developer Note: With this week’s weekly maintenance, we’re reducing the damage of Survival Hunters and Destruction Warlocks against high target counts. In both cases, we were very deliberate in making changes that would not affect either spec below 5 or 8 targets. We were seeing situations where these specs had become dominant due to builds that emerged from 9.2. In the case of Survival Hunters, we still feel that the Wildfire Cluster will serve as an excellent Legendary choice in AoE situations but we are throttling its damage in a manner similar to other AOE abilities. For Destruction, we are focusing on the synergy between Inferno and Rain of Fire that leads to a dramatic increase in damage with target count due to resource generation.

I thought they were nerfed already.

Agreed.

Yeah but they still destroy keys. I’m not even upset really. I just don’t understand how they make tuning decisions.

I’m not well versed in BDK but I saw it was meta and that kinda excited me. Was about to gear one but now idk. I’m sure it’ll be perfectly fine for the level of keys I’m doing so whatever.

Havoc would like a word.

Venthyr Covenant ability doing all of our damage in raid and keys is honestly ridiculous. Havoc tuned so poorly it can’t stand on it’s own two feet, we have to rely on a covenant ability for damage.

Tier set: 4pc tier bonus does NOTHING for the the spec. 30 seconds off a 4 minute CD (our only cd mind you, unlike unholy DK that has 2 other cooldowns with their 4 minute CD that’s actually impactful)

Seriously, NO HAVOC PLAYER WANTS TO SPAM CHAOS STRIKE OVER AND OVER AS THE ONLY THING WE PRESS FOR 8+ MINUTE BOSS FIGHTS BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO FIX HAVOCS DOGWATER TALENT LOADOUT.

Forcing Havoc to not press abilities because of a talent choice is poor game design, we already lack buttons to press.

Havoc feels absolutely terrible to play right now, spamming one button is not engaging gameplay.

3 Likes

I accidentally chose this Trash Trinket has been changed to Vendor Trash Trinket

Been thinking a bit about these nerfs and IMO the BDK nerfs are extremely unreasonable.

The spec’s damage is absolutely far, far, FAR too high in its current state, but these nerfs also completely gut the spec’s survivability in high keys (where they’re finally viable for the first time in a while) as well as on bosses where they’re almost exclusively one of the two top tanks for. A better nerf would be just nerfing the Strength buff from the 4pc, rather than the current nerf that completely neuters the spec’s survivability.

5 Likes

Jejus they buffed arms again?.

1 Like

Great now both specs will be about equally bad. Still brought more for the buff than damage output.

1 Like

Haha to be fair it’s just the normal tier set with the off pieces hidden.

After the last set of buffs we’re not actually too bad off as Ret, the main issue is reliance on the tier set and having external buffs like Windfury to make it more effective.

Of course none of that actually accounts for the fact the class is still severely limited without it, and still falls well behind all other classes in terms of actual raid utility.
Even with 4pc we’re not really wanted for M+ still.

1 Like