Classes and Item Tuning Incoming - May 3

Nothing for DHs, shocker.

1 Like

Everyone complains when their class is nerfed from being OP or isnt buffed to be OP. One thing i wish Blizz ppl would do would be to add dev notes as to why the decision such as we are seeing x class being too strong so we are making changes now before season4 gear or we know there are specs falling behind we are looking but still parsing our internal logs on how to balance them

Nope.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=Hunter&sample=7&aggregate=amount&boss=2549

Nope.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=Hunter&sample=7&boss=2537

Nope.

Nope.

2 Likes

This nerf changes how DKs are played currently. Go from heavy haste to keep DRW up to live, to some other stat order, meaning the vault choices and gear you just got is irrelevant cause you need to find a new way to survive.

Also blood dk hasn’t had its time in the spotlight since legion. It’s getting nuked from orbit all the way back into the dumpster where’s its been for years. It’s always been good in raids but hasn’t seen much m+ love since legion. Now that we’ve been good in m+ for 2 months into a season, we get destroyed. While other specs have been allowed to roam free for a season or two.

No one is disagreeing with a blood dk dps nerf, they needed it. I’m doing as much as some of the dps in my guild. But this change massively hurts our current playstyle to survive. Which is keeping DRW up and needed the runic power generated from DRW to heal ourselves. Now we’ll have to find a new way, or just reroll.

Numbers wise it’s about a 30% DPS nerf, and reduces our DRW uptime from around 70-80% to about 40%. Meaning this is likely one of, if not the largest tuning swings in modern WoW, happening in the middle of a tier.

7 Likes

Don’t worry people will tell you BM hunter is fine hbaha

this will be the single largest mid-tier nerf to a spec in wow’s history. 20%+ damage, massive defensive nerf, and all our gear that we have farmed/upgraded/selected from vault will be bad because haste is losing so much value. no spec has ever been nuked from orbit this hard in the middle of a tier

2 Likes

MM on those is just add patting in later phases, BM is doing the highest ST of all hunter specs without the 4% buff. Bro you are cooked.

And it is not over. another set of BDK nerfs incoming per the interview

So to put it in positions, BDK will drop to the bottom of the tank specs?

Or will it just be in the middle?

damage wise, probably middle/bottom (depending on content)
survival? probably near the bottom (depending on the content)

tough to say without full testing. It will completely change how DK can tank in both raids and M+. Damage will probably be just above vengeance in ST (who needs a dps buff), but we will be dead last in M+ tanking viability because we will be so squishy. the only reason we are being used right now in high keys is because we can maintain the DRW uptime. this massively reduces the uptime. overall, we will probably fall to being the worst overall tank. definitely the squishiest, and nowhere near enough damage to compensate for the risk of us dying

2 Likes

What interview? Would like to see it

1 Like

Please buff shadow priest. Our Shadow Word: Pain does less than a Holy priests…

my comment was about WW

1 Like

You & I never really agree on much, but 3% to Outlaw is a joke indeed.

A little off topic but what does MDI stand for?

Mythic Dungeon Invitational.

Thank you for the response I appreciate it

1 Like

I feel like I am a clown. Gearing my dk for almost 2months and now its ilvl276. And I am Getting the biggest nerf during mid of a patch.

4 Likes

No. Wrong.