Classes and Item Tuning Incoming - May 3

If you’re looking at logs one thing you should note is the bountiful amount of them, and perhaps ponder why that is the case if the spec needs a “15% buff”.

1 Like

You can look by percentiles

That is completely irrelevant to what I said.
I’m not entirely sure why you replied with that sentence.

Wouldn’t know, Don’t have my 4 set yet on mine and i’ve been doing fine as is so I’m sure we will live.

You can compare logs by percentiles so the amount of people don’t really matter.

Uhm.
It does matter. Like it literally matters. I don’t understand why you think it doesn’t?

I’m fully aware that you can look at 90th, 95th, 99th, whatever percentile.
But there’s still a number of logs logged in that bracket. There’s still X amount of hunters clearing the raid.

Logs aren’t usually the best way to compare between specs. First of all, the best players will swap to the spec that sims best for them, so you’re comparing mediocre/good players of one spec to the best players of the entire class. Additionally, PI and other external buffs are going to go to the best specs, further overstating the difference. I’d say a realistic comparison is perhaps 50%, because this is what is going to matter for most players, but you still have the issue of more better players (of the class) swapping to the better specs and pushing down the median, overstating the difference. You also have the issue of players who buy carries and unequal sample sizes for specs. With sims, you can sim the exact rotation, CD usage, and down phases if you wish, thousands of times with any combination.

1 Like

Buddie, BM is literally hunters best spec for 4/11M fights in the current tier, that’s not bad. 4% buff is going to push BM to a definite solid position.

This is true.
Which is why BM still being widely played in Mythic is such a relevant point that BM mains just don’t want to accept.

Over the course of the past week, BM hunters have logged 8,306 encounters in Mythic.
To put that into context, there are:
390 Outlaw’s
1,115 Aff Locks
1,513 Arcane Mages
1,836 Ferals
2,066 Arms Warriors
3,324 WW Monks
4,926 Rets
5,121 SV Hunters
5,829 Ele Shamans

8,306 BM Hunters

I could go on. But the point is made.

They’re the lowest simming spec generally at high percentile.
Their two counterparts, MM and SV, are two of the strongest specs in the game.

Despite the above, they’re still more played than half the specs in the game in Mythic. The most competitive, min-max area of WoW.

So when people like Zeno says they need a 15% buff, you just have to scoff and roll your eyes. They want to be:
Easy to play
Simming up top
Most played spec

Heaven forbid you’re an easy to play spec that gets invites.

4 Likes

I’ve played since day one…and I’ve seen items nerfed into oblivion, but never a spec hit this hard.

Literally best to worst tank in a single swing of the nerf bat. Incredible.

I’d love to see the data to support this.

I won’t hold my breath waiting for it.

Please consider reverting the change to bdk tier set. Reducing the time increase is the exact way we didn’t want this nerf to go through. As a bdk main, we kinda needed a DPS nerf (even though prot pally has been allowed to exist with ashen for 2 patches, and vengeance in season 1 m+).

Reducing the uptime on DRW is statistically one of the largest nerfs to a spec in recent years. Mainly cause it severely reduces the uptime on DRW which massively reduces our survivability and damage (by up to 3k in single target sims), changes how we have to play the spec, changes the gear we need, invalidates some gear and vault choices over the past 2 months.

If you want to nerf the spec, nerf just the DPS. Cap the strength stacks at 40-50, it’s that simple.

I can’t speak for all blood dk’s or tanks in general, but this is the first time in years that blood is viable in high end m+. I can’t do high keys but from watching streamers say being a blood dk this season is the most fun they’ve had in high keys in a long time. For me, this is the most fun I’ve had playing blood dk in a long time. The playstyle is the most fun it’s been since legion, and being able to keep DRW up for as long as possible is sooooo good.

Please Blizzard, let blood dk be viable/best tank for a tier. At most just nerf the strength stacks.

3 Likes

last i looked (2 days ago if i had to guess), BM was dead last on wc logs with a 1 week poll. an overall buff was needed, sure, but it still doesn’t fix the tier set issue.

Not enough. Crank that up to 8%.

I got bored and did a thing. Considering the disparity we see between classes, it really makes you wonder how they pick what they are going to buff.

Season 4 and being unkillable

Incredibly frustrated by the tuning this tier. I’ve now spent months gearing two toons which were significantly nerfed. First was Guardian druid, now Blood DK. Why should I continue to spend money on this game if the company can’t tune the game at the appropriate times (like, you know, before Mythic progression starts after months of PTR and feedback?). Tuning in the realm of 5 percent at a time makes perfect sense, if you still for some reason can’t get it right by the time Mythic comes out, but the recent changes to Guardian druid and Blood DK were in the realm of 20 to 30 percent? Why punish players personal time investment so significantly because you failed to tune appropriately at the start of the tier with no explanation.

7 Likes

It’s called Warcraftlogs lmao

Bm needs more than that

1 Like

This is not a good change for Blood DK. I think this needs to be looked over again and reconsidered. I believe you guys should nerf the spec’s damage output once 4 piece is reached, and again when max gear (high haste + Gavel) are present.

Nerfing the spec this way is the worst way you could change it. They shouldn’t have their survivability chopped down just to reduce their damage numbers when you could just as easily lower their Kyrian ability, Rune Weapon damage, or cap their strength multipliers lower.

3 Likes