Class Tuning Incoming – October 29

Finally, bout time Warrior DPS gets some good news after get shafted for no reason 4 times in a row.

Fair enough.

Nothing has made me feel worse in World of Warcraft than reading these patch notes just the roller coaster of emotion with the elemental rework creating the most fun state ele has ever had in my opinion then completely nuking it 3 days later is a decision I just can’t wrap my head around of course it was overtuned but this over correction is completely unreasonable and just don’t know what kind of data you guys are using over there but something is clearly very wrong and i would really hope this gets another look but I doubt it knowing blizzards track record

4 Likes

If theres this much tuning still going on the xpac was released way too early.

1 Like

The Elemental changes are way to extreme please reconsider.

3 Likes

All first world classes getting buffed complaining. Meanwhile Demon Hunters constantly ignored by Blizzard sitting at bottum of worlds logs setting fel fires in barrels behind Blizzard and eating beans from a can, wrapped in thier new Icon blanket, waiting for thier dev to excit the building.

People keep mentioning this hunter discord, why is nobody in that discord literally posting everything they found in a comprehensive post here on the blizzard forums? The devs can’t fix things if it’s in some unofficial discord where they won’t see it.

It’s honestly an amazing coincidence that 6 hours before this thread was posted I was in Korroks revenge with over 400 player kills as a DR MM hunter and now we’re “over performing” as if I didn’t have 39 other players behind me both buffing me and healing me and doing DPS alongside me the entire time. It’s almost like they do reactionary nerfs based on if they get their cheeks clapped in pvp and ignore the fact that hunters are the first person instantly killed in arenas by entire teams. or the fact that MM hunters period are the worst performing hunter class for DPS and are dead center in the class charts nerfing us does literally nothing to us other than make it harder to do any content at all. I have done one ONE normal raid this entire expansion because nobody will take me in groups unless I’m personally hosting the raid and even though I’m simming on raidbots as 800k+ dps in actual raid content I barely pull 300 to 500k dps on single target boss fights.

I seriously 100% in all honesty want the person in charge of balancing hunters to group up with me in WoW for a day so I can show them how mid our class really is.

Im just confused by what areas you guys are basing these nerfs on, you fixed lr and that brought our damage down and more in line with the other top aoe performers, our overalls in keys could still be reached by ret/ fdk and is a 3min cd. 125% would have been enough but 100%? its a bit hard especially adding on echo chamber nerfs. Our st on a primary st boss ( sikran ) isnt even the top ignoring outlaws bug damage bm is barely getting touched and is already above us. enhance is barely getting a tickle and is above us. if you are basing these changes on group keys that are pulling around 3min ele builds this is just killing every ele that pugs and doesnt get this, our damage outside of ascendance is already a joke and this nerf is just insane. echo chamber down to 30% ascendance down to 125%,arch discharge down to 1 charge and the lr nerf should be way more than enough. little side rant you also fixed the ascendance bug that threw way too many meatballs and thats also going to hurt our st a ton. lr should get buffed 2-5%

3 Likes

Frost mage still bugged with splinters since the “only arcane” last patch released. Honestly what a buggy mess

The changes shows that the designers do not play the game lol

4 Likes

There are critters around every single world boss that is what caused probably 75% of your damage a black arrow/kill shot cleaving to an unpulled critter. You have literally no idea what you are talking about. If we were doing 5 mil at 416 our max single targets in raid wouldn’t be around 1.5 lol

Yeah. That kind of made me sad. Even if they aren’t nerfed directly, other Tanks are even better now, and thus even less likely to play a Brewmaster Monk.

My reading comprehension is better than your manners. If you can’t explain it just sit down.

Oh boy those Mage fixes :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

oh … wait.

you reworked 2 specs Stormbringer and Dark Ranger, only to go live bugged and doing way more dps than intended, FIXED the bugs , but balanced both specs around bugged dps…and now nerfed to the ground.,

Makes you wonder what has happened to the balancing team in the last month or so…

1 Like

Yeah critter fights last 3.5 minutes or so, definitely wasn’t the world boss that I had targeted. Surely I hit a critter and just imagined it all. Shoo, lmfao.

The following is a post made in the Earthshrine discord, the Shaman theorycrafting discord. This post was written by the GOAT HawkCorrigan, the Elemental Shaman Wowhead guide writer. The current estimates and discussions were made with the help of multiple theory crafters and dedicated players such as the other GOAT Stormy, the Icy Veins guide writer, and Bloodmallet (yes THAT Bloodmallet). The post is copy and pasted directly from Discord:

Hello and Welcome to my Soapbox

In today episode, we will look at balancing, bugs and numbers. (Shocking I know)
I want to have a look at the coming balancing, the balancing we already received and some of the relevant bugs and their impact.

We are going to start with Single Target, taking some Kyveza logs as source, and then move over the Mythic+, looking at dungeons around a +11.

Previous Balancing:

On the 23rd Blizzard nerfed Lightning Rod by 50% and announced a fix for a bug with ascendance.
Lightning Rod contributed roughly 5-7% to our damage, making this a ~3% nerf.

The Ascendance bug is still active in-game. A conservative estimate puts this at 7% in pure damage and 2% in resource generation.

Balancing on reset

Arc Discharge to 1 stack: roughly 1.8% nerf
Echo Chamber halved: roughly 4.5%

Asc change: 3.75% nerf after adjusting for the Echo Chamber nerf
Preeminence: Ignoring all haste caps it comes out as 0.7% nerf

TLDR:

When you log in on Tuesday/Wednesday, your character will be at least 10% weaker.
If Blizzard actually fixes the Asc bug, your character will be 19% weaker.

What about second breakfast LR nerf?

This is a weird one. When looking at logs, LR was doing less and more than the intended 10% in a lot of cases.
The logs I looked at had it at about 11-12% of the amount of Lightning damage, so this came out as roughly a 1.5% nerf.

So adding all of those adjustments and fixes puts us at a 24% Single Target nerf roughly, since release

Let’s look at Mythic+ now.
Here it is much, much harder to actually keep these changes separated in a way that we could just sum up the numbers at the end.
As such the result here will most likely be slightly overshooting (1-2%). This wont be significant in the greater scheme of things.

These are numbers taken from dungeon logs. While that approach isnt perfect, given the volatility of dungeons, it should still paint a rough picture.

Previous Changes

First LR nerf at the start of the week comes out as a 10% nerf on average.

Coming changes:

Ascendance nerf: 5.1%
Echo Chamber: 5.1%
Arc Discharge: 2.1%
Voltaic Surge: 3.8%

In sum: 16%

On top of these 16% we need to add the fix to the Asc bug.
If they fix Asc to work correctly in AoE, it gains us about 5 Lava Bursts per activation. If they fix it we will lose 10 Overloads and 80 Maelstrom per activation in Single Target. Essentially, we gain AoE damage and lose Boss damage. Considering that significantly more Maelstrom is spent in AoE, this comes out roughly damage neutral.

The problem here is that “damage neutral” doesnt mean “DPS neutral” and “Time neutral”. Gaining the same absolute damage on bosses is worth significantly more than the same amount of damage, spread out, in AoE.

TLDR

If you log in on Tuesday you will lose about 16% in Mythic+, with significant losses in burst.
On top of that you will also lose the roughly 9% Boss damage, traded for some AoE, whenever Ascendance gets fixed.

But what about Stats?!?

Well.
Mastery doesn’t become awful.
It certainly loses some value, but still seems like the best stat for Single Target.
The surprise is that the loss of Asc damage, lead to a drop in the value of haste, because fitting in more spells into the cooldown is just not as important anymore. Chances are a good few of you will need to recraft Mastery+Haste to Mastery+Crit and play with lower haste than you currently do.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

Usual Disclaimer applies: Be nice and civil to each other and the devs and use this data to provide constructive Feedback through the appropriate channels.

Good Night

2 Likes

Delicious demo buffs.