Class Tuning Incoming – November 29

Rated solo is gonna be more interesting. o.o

@kaivax Can you elaborate on why the talent for mastery would be butchered. The relative power of the class when I did mplus testing on beta felt like it needed to be toned down so I understand the nerf from that standpoint. That being said dh has been a vers haste class forever and if i’m being honest here classes that stack verse just feel bad since it feels like means there mastery was poorly designed, it doesn’t feel like it feeds into your class fantasy in the way haste crit and mast do, in nerfing these talents like that that most sims will move back to stacking hast/vers for every situation. I gess the question I have is was this nerf to the talents done because the balance team did want to do the work to balance ability numbers so they just decided to ruin the talents that finally made the stats on the class feel more meaningful?

2 Likes

Kaivax, why did Dracthyr not get a “Running Wild” type racial ability that gives them regular flight, the same way Running Wild gives worgens regular ground mount speeds. Many many Dracthyr players are disappointed we cant fly using our own wings. :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh, brilliant. Time to slice up squishies in battlegrounds. :dracthyr_love_animated:

I though havoc was broken op in beta, am I missing something as to why the nerfs are unwarranted or just average class main being sad for nerfs?

2 Likes

Because DH has had their utility and survivability severely nerfed, pretty much all they bring is throughput.

I wouldn’t really mind the nerfs if they removed momentum/unbound chaos/iniative, made netherwalk, fel eruption, and sigil of misery extremely easy to pick up in the class tree, and made chaos nova baseline.

Also, Leech should be returned to 8.0 levels i.e. 40% in meta with soul rending.

That would put them in line with Monks and rogues.

…I didn’t even know these had PvP reductions, I’m aboutta have a blast on the 29th lol

These havoc nerfs would be fine if you hadn’t already butchered the baseline abilities.

AMN had to be nerfed. It was the problem all along. But why nerf it after capping rage fire and capping immo aura. The immo aura cap wasn’t needed if you had just nerfed AMN to begin with. The ragefire cap shouldn’t exist if immo aura is soft capped to begin with.

Know your enemy nerf is probably fine so we don’t just stack crit endlessly. But why is eyebeam still capped at 5?

Where are the shattered destiny and cycle buffs? And fel barrage buffs?

And please nerf the life out of momentum. That talent and playstyle is a plague for the havoc spec and majority of people do not wanna play it but will be forced to play it if the top playedd res s play it cuz it simply performs too good right now.

Nerf momentum. Buff fel barrage

And please just kill BW. Should have killed it when you had the chance. Why keep it around at all in this pathetic form? Kill BW and kill momentum

2 Likes

I have no idea, but I will still play havoc. Haters be damned, the Chaosnachos will reign hot fire on my enemies.

3 Likes

As it should be, I’ll personally main shadow priest this time around.

2 Likes

These nerfs are fine. The previous nerfs were unnecessary and bad. These nerfs today were the nerfs suggested to problematic talents. If they had just listened to that instead of slowly butchering havoc over course of beta then it’d be fine.

Why no love for Survival and MM Hunters or Ret Paladins, or any of the classes that are down? At this point I’d expect a bit more balancing for the classes needing the love.

3 Likes

These balancing and tuning are for dragonflight and not for now or shadowlands. These are set into motion.

We’re getting somewhere, Pallys but RIP Ret lol.

3 Likes

Can we remove the pvp nerfs to mortal strike, deep wounds, and defensive stance. Every other melee has so much self healing and without ignore pain and d stance being terrible arms will always be the easiest kill target.

2 Likes

Thank you Blizzard. Very cool!

Overpowered?

Current logs have them pulling in dead last in both M+ and Raids.

Current logs meaning prepatch logs? Thank everything they’re not balancing specs around prepatch logs or affliction would no longer be a spec on the 28th.

3 Likes

You people still refuse to nerf WW because…?

Class mains mad about relatively small nerfs. They are sure are acting like its the end of the world in this forum.