Class Tuning Incoming – July 25

I agree with you. But a doubt arises: what if instead they created the meta classes deliberately and repeatedly?

1 Like

Haha I spoke about this briefly in my thread. It’s active on the forums right now you should go post in it.

I call them “Balancing Design Parameters”

Blizzard could easily create an array of FOTM specs and then specify their superiority % (ex 7% better in ST, 10% in AoE) and then let the model calc that for them.

Hopefully they won’t abuse that but it definitely is within the cards. However, they’re doing this already so at least with the ML model classes will be closer and less spread

Are you doing 5 keys?
Once shadow gets ramped we leave ret in the absolute dust.
Now yes, shadows aoe being nerfed again is the nail in the coffin for me and I will be rerolling back to my lock, but still it will be very strong.
I’m just glad rets aren’t meta anymore, hate the spec.

Can you explain your rationale here? The spec is too strong, it gets an acceptable nerf, it’s still very strong after the nerf, and that’s somehow a nail in the coffin, let alone the final one?

I wouldn’t even really say it’s ramp, you just send crash pop your cds and go. A lot of Shadow’s M+ damage comes from the fact we have very good sustained AoE outside of cooldowns and good snap burst with void torrent. There’s no real ramp involved there unless you’re arguing the mere act of having to cast spells is ramp compared to melee.

1 Like

Because I am tired of shadow getting reworked and nerfed more than a homeless person changes their underwear, and the ramp I am talking about is very noticeable with our spirits, and getting DP stacked up.
It takes shadow a good bit to fully ramp, look at youtube for ex: You can watch shadows DPS meteres climb over 30-45 seconds or so. Starts at around 150-200k and ends at around 600-800k.
What REALLY irritates me about the nerf is the fact of fire mage getting a 5% nerf which they noticed literally not at all, but meanwhile we get a 3rd nerf to link, also get ST buffs which okay boohoo, and the fact that this rework already is hot garbage playstyle wise. Mind Spike is terrible, having zero mobility is terrible, shadow crash is still terrible, I dont like the funnel playstyle of Link at all, I loved mind sear.
10.0.7 SP was my favorite design of SP ever, and it was also the first tier I acheived legendary parses as a shadow priest. and I was very proud of it. can I still do it? Yeah, but it is very medicore to play and I’d rather play something else with some meaning to it, rather than just oh hey this feels clunky but I have to press it because it’s all I can do.

You do know the shadow nerf is even smaller than that, and there’s also a 7% ST buff on top.

1 Like

Did you read any of what I said at all?
I have MANY reasons I am quitting shadow. This slight nerf was just the nail in the coffin for me. Petty? Yes, but I don’t much care.
Design a good spec and I’ll play it again.

I did, it was that specific part I was confused by, especially as you emphasised it in your own comment. You explained your reasons which are personal and I respect them and appreciate you took the time to explain them to me.

I quite literally deleted my SP and quit when 10.1 was announced. This rework is the most utter garbage I have ever played. I’d rather play affliction lock(which I utterly despise), than touch this rework another second.
The changes I’d love to see are:
Some decent AoE spender like starfall with boomkin.
Shadow Crash 2 charges or make it become the aoe spender and make it like vile taint instead of a slow moving pile of meh.
A second way to apply AoE Dots.
Mind Spike instant cast back.
Dark Asc. Mindbender build being meta again.
Some mobility would be nice that isn’t feather.
Implement these, and I’ll return to it.

Is this a joke? Is there some broken item in the game idk about that’s making brews blow things up?

2 Likes

My friend says they’re doing 115k+ dps meanwhile bear and blood DKs are doing 200k+ lol
and says the nerfs are deserved

Your original comment was that the Prot Paladins rerolled to FOTM. Guardian Druid is currently the S+ FOTM. Druid play % did not change, the decrease to Boomkin was equal to the increase in Guardian. Meaning - Prot did not reroll to the FOTM tank. They just quit playing.

…oh, right.

RAHHHHH BAD COMPANY OVER-NERFED MY CLASS INTO UNVIABILITY. Now our AoE will never be able to compete. Bli$$ard should focus less on cube crawling and more on buffing Psychic Link back to 40% and reverting the 35% Yogg nerf/30% Yogg cleave nerf, and MAYBE buffing our ST by another 12%, so that we can compete with Assassination Rogues, maybe. RAHHHHHHH

Devs were unhappy that 50% of a Brewmaster’s damage comes from trinket/weapon/ring procs, wanted it to be 60% instead.

3 Likes

All the people in this thread saying “ohh RIP buffs augmentation just going to be another dps spec” are, without a doubt, the stupidest posters on this forum. Thank you for self-identifying your own stupidity.

It’s a 4% M+ nerf - warranted - shifting like 5k DPS toward Aug’s direct damage. It’s a net buff in raids.

1 Like

Would love to see further Affliction ST love/Demo love.

Without PI our dmg hits Tank levels off cooldowns.

Aff locks need love since 10.0 hit and we have been receiving crumbs since.

Unlike most of you at Blizzard, I actually play this class to know what is wrong. Fix Single Target Damage outside of PI/Trinkets.

who plays pvp in 2023?

2 Likes

If blizzard buffa your mana regen by 10 percent will that make you happy. Cause i think thats all they are willing to do

Soooo lemme get this right on raider IO and warcraftlogs shaman is the 2nd best healer for M+ atm. Mistweaver is 500% the worst and you buff resto shaman AGAIN?