Class Tuning Incoming – July 25

Yeap. Sucks to be me ig

I actually belly laughed. Thanks for this.

4 Likes

As much as I agree with the sentiment, blizzard very routinely don’t fully understand what they’re doing when it comes to class balance and reaching desired outcomes. Look no further than the recent demonology changes aimed at “Reducing the peaks and valleys in the rotation” and have categorically failed to achieve that.

5 Likes

Kaivax, please tell the druid devs to add symbiosis back to the tree, and make Lycarra’s a 2 point node.

it would really help us out, and in-turn, keep Azeroth a LOT safer.

thank you :revolving_hearts:

LOL
here we go with the knee-jerk nerfs again

1 Like

Well it’s more like a few thousand, and it’s like 1/4 the entire pathetic long-term reward structure for M+ so it’s kind of a big deal.

The reward structure for M+ outside of title is like… nonexistent for anyone who’s competently clearing heroic raids. It’s kinda ridiculous.

1 Like

Yup: Pathetic ground mount I haven’t touched, almost a carbon copy title I forget about, and the only good reward is the one that gives mythic effects to all the tier sets that isn’t even an M+ exclusive.

Then the only thing it’s good for is like 3 trinkets and a pez dispenser for crests.

So Diablo4 dev team realised that what they did to nerf all the classes is wrong, when will wow dev get to this?

1 Like

I more meant the level of challenge they offer. There being nothing between 2500 and what’s probably going to be 3400 is dumb.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a gaping void that could use some transmog, dragon riding skins, and weapon appearances slotted in.

So you’re buffing the dps capabilities while nerfing the support capabilities of the first support spec. This seems backwards. I don’t care about my damage on details when the point of any support class in any game is to support the rest of the team. This just seems like you’re slowly giving up on the idea of augmentation before it’s even a legitimate thing. Why does the support aspect need to be nerfed? I’d be fine doing less damage if it meant I either helped my teams dps or survivability better.

Take for example league of legends, they have a support character named Nami, she has these shield balls she puts around another player, usually a carry. These balls buff the next three attacks of that player. I don’t want to have more damage in a match of league of legends when I play Nami, I want to make sure the balls I cast on my carries amplify their damage.

Anyway, y’all know best and maybe these numbers aren’t that big of a deal, but just from reading them it feels like you’re making the support capabilities weaker without a real compromise. A good support oriented compromise to these nerfs imo would be giving us back the original mastery text which gave 2 party members the buff after casting an empowered spell instead of just one. Or idk give us something stronger we can put on the healer than the range increase or the .25% mana regen on empowered abilities.

4 Likes

They’re not.

However, this is an important point to bring up. They started something and need to finish it by fully making it it’s own role with a few more specs and locking M+ groups into 1/1/1/3 comps. If they don’t see it through fully they’re as stupid as I feared when I first heard of this spec.

2 Likes

I have a question. We can see aug released at about an 80/20 split on support vs personal damage and these changes are at most going to move it to a 70/30 split, still an enormous weighting towards buffing and more than similar support specs in other MMOs.

Were it to have gone live at 70/30 would that have been an issue for you? Or is it only a problem because you had it live at 80/20 first.

1 Like

yeah I really wish bm had a talent for killshot as good as marksman’s talent, where it is in the tree and honestly a 10% chance is just not worth taking the slot over the other stuff.

1 Like

I think you’re confused. The reward structure for heroic raids is completely dominated and destroyed by M+.

1 Like

But then they have to fire the monkeys they have now, poor things.

Yes Nerf Brew AoE ability’s its not like they have a AOE taunt or anything to help them control trash packs. Lets just keep Nerfing brew till its the Weakest class in the game with survivability and soon no way to hold threat on targets from everyone else getting buffed.

1 Like

Actually I think it would free up a lot of their time to be able to get more creative with class design and mechanics because they won’t have to worry about a trillion compounding interactions and variances because the ML model abstracts that all away for them…

If dev A makes a new ability called Firestorm but faces pushback because of all of the possible interactions with talents and fight compositions and buffs and stuff, it can get overwhelming to do by hand and then it’s just easier to not try and get creative.

On the other hand, if they have a tool that can balance the abilities for them given all of the compounding effects, they can get more creative making cool spells like Firestorm without having to worry about all of the balancing

The net result is a better balanced game with more creativity and flexibility in class design, both of which are SURE to bring back more players and greatly increase replay ability and MAUs

I was talking about cosmetic and seasonal rewards, not ilvl.

2 Likes