Class Tuning in Progress -- April 19

This post could have been written in 2018.

It actually is #yearofthecat!

There have been 23s, 24s, and 25s timed by BM hunters. Straight up trolling is any player who isn’t at that super high end basing a group comp off of average damage from a self-selected group of people wanting to play a worse spec, instead of judging players by their actual accomplishments.

Just because you can’t time 25s with BM and I can’t time 25s with BM doesn’t mean it’s not viable for 99.999999999% of hunters who play this game at the level they play at.

1 Like

Anyone saying SV and Destro deserve to be omegagiga broken is trolling.
Anyone saying the other 22 dps specs should be buffed up to the same status is trolling.

While your at it revert frozen orb cdr tick please.

By your logic, because someone CAN finish a marathon in cowboy boots, means there’s no reason to wear running shoes.

Why handicap yourself with an obviously inferior choice?

2 Likes

The nerf straight up doesn’t change a thing.

Where are the buffs for under performing pvp specs… Arcane, balance etc.

That doesn’t matter for anything this forum post pertains to. It’s completely irrelevant. My whole point is that anyone not doing that super high end content is fully capable of swapping between Survival, MM, or BM. BM is viable for the dungeon+key level that virtually all of the playerbase is running. Even 12k dps is enough to time above 15s, so you can even get KSM!

Acting like a soft AOE cap on Survival changes viability for anyone outside of the 0.01% of hunters in this game is just wrong.

No key is made harder by less DPS. More DPS is always better, whether it be a +2 or a +25.

Why would ANYONE choose a :poop: spec when filling their pug when they can choose a :star:, REGARDLESS of of level?

Hint: They wouldn’t, and already don’t.

2 Likes

I haven’t encountered any group for a 15, as an example, that has rejected a hunter for being BM. Nor has any of the hunters I know. If you aren’t being invited to 15s as BM, it’s probably ilvl related or M+ score related. Not damage related. And I’m saying that as a Survival main who played BM in Nathria when it was not meta, and as someone who very often runs with BM hunters in keys higher than a 15. I run with them because they’re competent enough to time the keys, and because I know them and trust them to do damage and mechanics. That’s all that matters. I’ve played with BM hunters that give 2.5k+ rated MM hunters a run for their money in dungeons.

If people aren’t inviting you to keys as BM, start your own groups, run with people you know and meet, and make sure you push your M+ score up with lower level dungeons to make you a more enticing candidate when applying for dungeons. If I’m posting a 15 key, I don’t take below 2k. And that minimum only goes up with key level. Rarely would I make an exception at this point in the season.

1 Like

It changes big pulls. Where numbers get exaggerated.

Surv takes a very, very slight hit there.

Without a big haste buff like PI, you’re shard overcapping on big pulls anyway as destro. You can’t spend it fast enough.

1 Like

Seriously, if you are going to do this, at least be consistent. The [Frozen Orb] cdr change was extremely heavy handed and absolutely hurt gameplay, so if gameplay really is in the devs minds, please revert this change. That change hurt low target count AoE by a ton as well, so at least reconsider it.

0.5s cdr per tick until 8 targets and 0.25s beyond that seems pretty reasonable.

3 Likes

Good change :+1:

lol they didnt realize they nerfed frost mage too much i guess.

oh well.

time to accept it or reroll or quit :wink:

should be extra cautious with nerfs when the game isnt doing exactly great population wise. give a cookie to those who stayed - dont kick em in the mouth lol

This. The nerf applied to Hunter and Locks are exactly what Frost Mages were actually asking for in numerous threads on the PTR forum , so it didn’t affect every single player’s experience negatively in all forms of the game, not just big MDI pulls. Still went ahead…

1 Like

Are you going to balance warlock in PvP or just PvE?

man I’m just happy wfc got nerfed and not survival itself
can’t say the same for def stance for warriors though…
it’s a deserved nerf with how many bombs survival gets w/ 2pc+ though

After further investigation, we’re revisiting our adjustment to Destruction Warlock and lowering Inferno’s target threshold to 5. We’re finding that this synergy is still overperforming at 8 targets due to the resource generation and by adjusting this we avoid having to make changes that could affect Destruction’s lower target count output.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Inferno (Talent) now has a reduced chance for Rain of Fire to generate Soul Shard Fragments when it deals damage beyond 5 targets (was 8).
7 Likes